Coral Vue Hydros

Rizakaniza's Cadlights 39g Pro Build Thread

rizakaniza

Earliest I can get FWE is from Marine Depot tomorrow after 10am. Today I am going to try and suck as many out with my turkey baster as possible...

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately they are the rusty brown kind. Not sure how to tell if they are large or small though. I'll be picking up some FWe from marinedepot tomorrow. Luckily they aren't too far of a drive from me. Then, I've prepared 10 gallons of salt water for a massive water change. As well as that I will have a massive amount of carbon ready. If need be, I will swap out the gfo I have in my reactor with carbon. I'm taking these guys out!

I had a small infestation once but fortunately i had a target mandarin who wiped them out for me.

I had a small infestation once but fortunately i had a target mandarin who wiped them out for me.

Wanna lend him to me ;)

On a good note, my Denro looks to be making a possible complete recovery. He's still 1/4 bleached, but I see signs of life... :)

Man: +1

Flatworms: 0

Literally seconds after adding Flatworm exit the carnage began. They weren't kidding when they said don't underestimate the nu8mber of flatworms in your system. They are floating all over the place now. So far I have not seen any reaction from the corals and the fish only seem a little wierded out because of all the flatworms floating all over the place. I've got 1lbs of carbon ready to drop in the tank in about an hour as well as up to a 50% water change if necessary.

Now, hopefully this gets them all!

Success!!! It's been 6 hours since I treated my tank and I have not been able to find a single "moving" flatworm. I dosed as follows:

32 drops directly into the flow of the powerheads - within 30 seconds flatworms began dying!

30 minutes later some flatworms persisted - added 6 more drops

1 hour later still some flatworms moving - added 14 more drops and added 1lb of carbon

Left tank for 5 hours - water is clear, corals are open, fish, shrimp, and crabs perfect, .....flatworms..DEAD!!!

whether or not I see any remaining flatworms I will be dosing again in 5-7 days, and then one last time 5-7 days from that.

Now what?

Water changes and carbon?

I watched someone dose their tank and there were more flatworms than thought and they lost some fish and a couple corals.

Hi All,

I am thinking about buying an AIO tank. I didn't even know about cadlights so in my other post i only listed JBJ/Oceanic/Redseamax. I saw 39g pro x1 series in some earlier posts and it seems like the package included sump? Also, how much does the 39g pro x1 cost? Is there one with just T5s or CF lighting? Please advice!

Thanks

Hi All,

I am thinking about buying an AIO tank. I didn't even know about cadlights so in my other post i only listed JBJ/Oceanic/Redseamax. I saw 39g pro x1 series in some earlier posts and it seems like the package included sump? Also, how much does the 39g pro x1 cost? Is there one with just T5s or CF lighting? Please advice!

Thanks

$918 for the total Pro X1 package

...or

$1289 for the 50g Artisan!

Go here http://cadlights.com/

Now what?

Water changes and carbon?

I watched someone dose their tank and there were more flatworms than thought and they lost some fish and a couple corals.

Well, since all my animals have been doing fine I assumed there was not much toxin released into the water. All I have done is put 1.5 lbs of carbon in the sump. I will do a water change tomorrow. I noticed in the thread on the "Levasole" cure most people didn't do a water change for 24 hours so it would kill off ALL the flatworms. I intend to do the same. I will do up to a 50% water change tomorrow.

For the Levasole treatment (which is much cheaper) go here: Levasole Treatment

is there an option to get a 39g tank+T5/CF lighting without stand? Does the tank come with built in refugium, return pump, protein skimmer, and other stuff as standard items...or should we select these options seperately...

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

is there an option to get a 39g tank+T5/CF lighting without stand? Does the tank come with built in refugium, return pump, protein skimmer, and other stuff as standard items...or should we select these options seperately...

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

You should contact Eddie from Cadlights directly. sales@cadlights.com He's a really nice guy.

24 hours later and everything is looking great. I have yet to see a living flatworm. I did a 50% water change earlier today.

On a different note, I decided to clean my powerheads today. I used a bucket of hot water mixed with distilled white vinegar and let it run for an hour while scrubbing intermittently. Works like magic!

why did you decide to use FWE instead of the Levasole treatment? just curious.

Only because I was in a rush. I knew I could get the FWE from MD the next day instead of waiting a week to get the levasole. I didn't find any place local that carried it. FYI, from what I understand the active ingredient in FWE is "Levamasole Hydrochloride." Levasole is the pure form, while FWE is much more diluted.

Only because I was in a rush. I knew I could get the FWE from MD the next day instead of waiting a week to get the levasole. I didn't find any place local that carried it. FYI, from what I understand the active ingredient in FWE is "Levamasole Hydrochloride." Levasole is the pure form, while FWE is much more diluted.

i just bought some fwe tonight -- probably not the best deal in the world, and i think the levasol would've been a better choice, but ready availability is nice, and i know i'm going to use it to treat corals, so...

i just bought some fwe tonight -- probably not the best deal in the world, and i think the levasol would've been a better choice, but ready availability is nice, and i know i'm going to use it to treat corals, so...

You made a good decision IMO. Nothing will enter my tank from this day forward without a FWE dip! Except, maybe my hands...

• 2 weeks later...
timdanger

got my dual reactor in the mail yesterday. this thing is gigantic.

it's going to take some clever maneuvering to fit this, the light and the fan in the cabinet! i was thinking of situating mine about where yours is. i messed around with it a bit yesterday, and the dual reactor DOES fit in there, though not with much room to spare. having said that, i'll have to move my fan (which is positioned so that it blows straight down on the return chamber) and probably relocate my light (which is clamped on to the front of the return chamber and shining down on the fuge chamber).

rizakaniza

Update: The SPS is toast. It really struggled from the beginning. It's about 96% dead at this point. On the flipside, the dendro is doing great as well as the monti, frogspawn, and zoas.

I might be getting a new camera within 2 months. IF so, I'll be posting much better pics.

Update: The SPS is toast. It really struggled from the beginning. It's about 96% dead at this point. On the flipside, the dendro is doing great as well as the monti, frogspawn, and zoas.

I might be getting a new camera within 2 months. IF so, I'll be posting much better pics.

sorry to hear about SPS -- you've got a pretty wide variety of light/flow requirements based on those corals, i guess. hopefully everything else will settle in, though.

rizakaniza
sorry to hear about SPS -- you've got a pretty wide variety of light/flow requirements based on those corals, i guess. hopefully everything else will settle in, though.

You know what is the single most frustrating thing to me? Actually gluing down a frag...I just can't seem to decide what is the "perfect" placement. :(

You know what is the single most frustrating thing to me? Actually gluing down a frag...I just can't seem to decide what is the "perfect" placement. :(

i've been experiencing a little frustration with that myself, lately. my problem isn't so much placement as it is working with glue/epoxy that doesn't want to stick or is too hard to use without breaking frags (which i did this past weekend when trying to epoxy a purple digitata in place.

when you say "perfect placement," do you mean you're having trouble figuring out where the right place is to put it for flow/light, or just aesthetically?

Archived