Top Shelf Aquatics

Vic's Random Photography

Withers

Thanks! Those were our 2 largest upgrades and we're really pleased with them too. Now if we could just move in and start painting :D

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss SC. :(

I like the first one. I would like it even more if the camera was positioned a little more in front of the car, showing the grill more.

Yeah me too, but with rolling shots you gotta go with the hand you're dealt, if you know what I mean :lol: I'm getting better though, I took 520 shots (took some of my brother's Exige too) and about 40% turned out clear.

Vic, how do you get so low and high?

are you shooting with the door open or standing up or what?

also - although it looks like you're going fast because of the blur, how fast are the cars actually moving?

If you've got a 10-20 ish wide angle lens you'll realize just how wide they get, so what looks like 15 feet in the air is really maybe 6 at max. The side profile shot of my bimmer was taken from less than 2 feet away.

For the low shots I hang out of the window of a car (my wife's MINI, doesn't work as well in an SUV because they ride so high) and either lower the camera as far down to the ground as I feel comfortable (was about 1" in the low shots that time, way lower than normal) and cradle the camera with 2 hands. For the high up shots I do the same thing except I reach up as high as I can. I usually have to crop those because I typically get part of the lead car in the frame.

I used to have a pic laying around that showed pretty much exactly what I'm talking about, but I can't find it at the moment.

The cars were traveling about 30 mph. The faster you go, the more blur you get, but you'll also probably waste more shots and its way more dangerous to be hanging out of the car.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big time. Both of those were on the intracoastal waterway, so the majority of the house is safe in case of massive flooding/hurricanes. Usually there's just a garage on the bottom floor.

• 2 months later...
It's chrome underneath. I'm always going back and forth between black and chrome.

I like the black! I thought you might have painted it. Can't tell or anything I just thought those were always chrome. Looks great, IMO.

Archived