Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Steely's 20H version 2 (new pics)

steely185

I have no idea how I missed this tank but its incredible. All that coral is something else!!

Thanks. If you like this one, stop by and see my 40.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank has become riddled with aptasia. I've had no luck keeping shrimp alive in this tank so I broke down and gambled on a matted filefish http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=2562. I have a friend that has about 7 of these in his 400 gallon. They will eat aptasia and majano. They also eat just about any type of food. My friend has only had issues with them nipping at his green slimer but nothing else. I've got my fingers crossed that he doesn't nip at my corals. He has plenty of aptasia to eat so he should be busy. I'll keep it posted on his progress and post some pics of him soon when he is a little less shy.

Really thinking hard about upgrading this tank to a bigger tank. I've asked someone about their rimless tank that they are selling. It's a 48''x18"x13" tank. If I got this tank I would probably just use my old tek fixture for a while until I decide otherwise. I would have to raise the light a bit since it's a 36" light but should put out plenty of light on a shallow rimless tank like this.

My other option is a 33long that I have on old 2x4 stand in the same garage. I would have to buy a light for it though.

Still waiting to hear back on the tank. Really interested in picking it up. I think I can do some great things with it.

Growth comparison shots

March pic

DSCN1078.jpg

June pic

8cc400fb.jpg

The new tenant

d845b445.jpg

I got the confirmation on the tank so my 20 high will be closing down shortly. I plan on setting up the new tank in the garage again and moving all the residents over to the new tank. Pretty psyched up for this one.

The new tank will be 37.4 gallons in the display with a sump capable of holding another 44.8.

The tank and sump are rimless and here are the dimensions.

display: 48"x18"x10"

sump: 36"x18"x16"

Tank has a built in overflow and lockline return from the overflow. It is fully plumbed for expandability and use of reactors, skimmers, etc..

The shallow size will be interesting to deal with but has a great footprint. Got some interesting ideas for this one. Stay tuned. :D

Archived