Coral Vue Hydros

Steely's 20H version 2 (new pics)

steely185

Things are looking great. New growth on zoas and SPS. Coralline starting to take off on powerheads and rocks. Here are some pics and video in a minute. Feedback please.

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0472-1.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0475.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up a frag of Tyree sunset montipora and superman montipora today. We have a frag meet coming up this weekend. I should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 new types of zoas/palys and a mint chocolate montipora frag. Exciting times. Love frag meets.

Hey Dan. Sorry for not commenting earlier on this sweet setup. Your tank looks really great and I'm really digging all of the different morphs and varieties of Zs and Ps you have.

I really like your 'scape as well, really makes your 20H appear larger than mine in the pictures.

How do you like the ORA Joe the Coral? I know you were pretty excited about picking up a frag. Let me know if any of your SPS or Zs/Ps need any trimming.

How do you like the ORA Joe the Coral? I know you were pretty excited about picking up a frag. Let me know if any of your SPS or Zs/Ps need any trimming.

I love the ORA Joe the Coral It's been in the tank for about a month and is looking great. Most stuff is too small to frag right now with the exception of the large rock of red zoas (ring of fires, I believe). Should have between another 6-8 different zoas and palys by the weekend. I definately need more room (40 lbs of rock fills a lot of space in a 20H but so do the corals B) ).

Added some new stuff over the last week. Had the frag meet and managed to pick up a scripps milli colony, some orange bam bams, mean greens, fire and ice, another set of nuclear greens (which I need to swap back for purple deaths) and some mint chocolate montipora.

I will try to get my boss's camera some time this week to take some nice detailed pics. None that I have posted have done any justice.

• 2 weeks later...

New pictures look super crisp and clear. Using a new camera?

Corals all look great...lots of color and variety. You're amassing quite the collection :)

Same point and shoot, just top down, pumps off allows better focus. Still not the quality of pics I like but not too bad.

The collection isn't too bad, around 40-60 varieties of coral with three new additions coming today.

I bought a frag of garf purple bonsai from a nearby aquaculture facility. It was a good price shipped so I couldn't pass it up for the price shipped. I'll post some pics once it has arrived.

I plan on posting some of my red zoas for sale in the selling forum in the next couple of days.

Nice pickup on the GARF...looking forward to seeing what it looks like once you get it.

Tank is starting to get PACKED....any plans for upgrades? I just foresee some serious coral encroachment and warfare in the future. :scarry:

The garf is only a 1" frag and should be here this morning. Superman is growing very quickly as well. The only encroachment issue I had was a turbo snail bump an acro frag into my scripps milli overnight. It burned the acro down to the skeleton where it was touching but is recovering nicely now.

As for upgrades, I will be setting my 40 breeder up hopefully in the next week or two. I've got the stand, tank and sump now. I just need to pick up lights and a return pump. I will plumb with flexible tubing rather than pvc. I've got about 40lbs of rock in the twenty as it is but will add probably another 20 or so to the 40 breeder.

As soon as I posted that, I looked in your sig and saw that you had a 40br in the works. Should give you plenty of extra space. I think your tank looks good packed in there, I just see that the frags are pretty small now and I know how quickly some things can take off.

Most of it is taking off now. I've got a lot of new growth on SPS frags I picked up a couple months ago and damaged SPS heals very quickly now. Zoas grow like crazy especially after fragging. I look forward to the extra space.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only had the garf bonsai a couple weeks now and it's showing some new growth. It is starting to base over the glue I used to attach to a plug. Zoa population is booming with lots of new polyps. Really looking forward to the move to the 40. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

new SPS arriving and being picked up this week:

Hawkins Enchinata

ORA green Birdsnest

unkown acro (white base with fluorescent yellow tips)

Montipora spongodes

Baby Blue polyp encrusting montipora (purple base with baby blue polyps)

"LSU" encrusting montipora (yellow base with purple polyps)

orange encrusting montipora (orange base like sunset montipora but with orange polyps as well)

and some dragon's eye zoas.

This should all be going on hanging frag racks until a move sometime next week.

I figured I would post a few actinic pics and growth pics. So here they are:

Garf Bonsai

DSCN0534.jpg

ORA Joe the Coral (good shot of polyps)

DSCN0538.jpg

Superman and RDE

DSCN0540.jpg

Couple shots of new growth

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

My three frags of various encrusting montipora's arrived earlier today and I just got back from picking up my other frags.

The frags that are currently floating and need to be mounted are:

Hawkins Enchinata

ORA green birdsnest

ORA bellina (I think, he picked up as an unkown ORA coral that came in)

Montipora Spongodes

a yellow tipped acro (similar to fraggle reefs green highlighter acro)

and about 20+ polyps of dragons eyes

I'll post some pics later.

Archived