SaltCritters.com

Steely's 20H version 2 (new pics)

steely185

The tank is doing well. A lot of the zoas have bounced back now that they are under halides. The MP10 really has a nice footprint and the tank seems to get some good overall flow from it. I mounted a few frags and sps frags on the rocks. Next week I will add a small frag of ORA Chips Acropora that I'm picking up by trading a milli frag. I'll try and post some pics later.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got quite the setup here don't you? How is the mp10 working out? You should definitely get some pics up so we can check this out.

You've got quite the setup here don't you? How is the mp10 working out? You should definitely get some pics up so we can check this out.

It's a pretty simple set up. No skimmer, 150 watt sunpod with stock 14k current bulb, mp10 and a AC30 with chemipure in it. No dosing involved. I just give amino acids twice a week and top off with fresh water manually every couple of days or so. Only one damsel in the tank for now who gets fed every other day. It's a very easy tank. Most of the corals (earlier pages) was in this tank before moving it to my 40 and then back to this tank.

The mp10 works well. It's not great for flow over distance on the tank or surface agitation like I would like. It does however give a steady varied flow on the tank on lagoon mode. I do get less evaporation using the mp10 since there is less surface turbulence.

I'll post some pics later today or this weekend.

Frags on the glass...nice.

Aquamags. Pocillipora eventually ends up there on it's own. They easily spawn in a tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna try this bulb thing again since the radium wouldn't work. I ordered a 20K Ushio tonight so I'm anxious to see how it turns out on this tank. Not much to update. The tank is being use to quarantine a coral or two from my display and that's about it.

Nice! It is like frag-central in there. Those green shrooms are sick, I have never seen ones like those before.

Are those the mini zoas, red ones in third pic?

Nice! It is like frag-central in there. Those green shrooms are sick, I have never seen ones like those before.

Are those the mini zoas, red ones in third pic?

I love the green shrooms since they are so bright. The small zoas are kedds reds. Just a smaller variety of zoa unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

No. The rockwork just sits on top of each other. There is about an inch or so from the back glass to allow some flow behind the rockwork.

DSCN1165.jpg

Pokerstar montipora which changed colors after getting it and is looking more like Rainbow Monti. Growing well though.

DSCN1164.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

Lots of frags just sitting there

DSCN1161.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

DSCN1158.jpg

ORA rose milli

DSCN1171.jpg

A tri color finally getting it's color

DSCN1154.jpg

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

I don't think I've seen much drop off in growth with the new bulb. It took a week to burn in and show it's true color, but I love it. I've been getting some great growth in the tank and haven't noticed any change with the new bulb.

Good to know, I have a Phoenix 14K that came with my fixture and love the color. Was thinking of picking up one of those next though.

This was a tricolor frag I bought off someone on nano-reef. It's been brown for several months and in the last month has finally started to color up.

Archived