Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Finally, Sunpod LED Actinics

evilc66

GaryR1984
I have idea kicking around that would be cool for setups like that, but I just don't have the time right now to do anything with them. Soon, maybe :)

Good, :) I'll be looking for something in two months!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunpods and Outer Orbits should fit the same. Novas, Satellites, Sundials and Orbits should fit with minor changes. I have two people in the group buy that have purchased for the Novas, so we will see how they fit.

trakmasterrs

how would this (Sunpod 20" 150w with 14k Phoenix, with Dual LED Actinic from group buy) compare with a Current USA 24 inch Outer Orbit 1x150w 14K HQI-MH w/ 4x24W T5 HO -> http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...p;child=CU01071?

I was really considering getting this to replace my 20" sunpod due to the lack of actinics, but then your group buy came along and I decided to get the pair. hopefully the results are as good if not better than the outer orbit i mentioned.

Should be similar. Nice advantage here is the ability to change the brightness of the actinics, which you can't do with the Outer Orbit. You will get better fluorescence too. The only advantage the Outer Orbit may have is a little bit more brightness from the actinics.

coachfraley

Hey Evil,

You probably have it listed somewhere, but I couldn't find the delivery ETA for this batch of group buy units. Any ideas yet, or are you still waiting on parts?

I realize you are swamped to say the least. I just wanted to get an idea.

Thanks!

I won't be seeing the majority of parts until the end of next week. We took my supplier by surprise with the quantity, so they are trying to get the parts they don't have in stock in from the manufacturer, and the LEDs sent out to be mounted (they do this on demand, not stock). I will be working feverishly over the next week to get all the materials cut, drilled and tapped so I can send them out for anodizing. Anodizing should take 3-4 days, then everything has to be assembled.

I'm trying to get everything done as fast as possible, but I wasn't expecting this much interest in all of this stuff.

Take your time Evil - you are doing a great service to everyone and I know you will not be able to retire on your share of this deal. We all appreciate what you do and the great information resource you provide.

Thanks milkman. Things are moving, but I'm going to be swamped for the next month :wacko:

DarkStarReef

Hey evil thanks for your Ultimate Guide To LED's it has incuraged me to take on this task and i think this fixture your are selling is awsome. Recently i purchased 2 royal blue Cree XRE stars for my AP12 im going to incorperate them into my MH pendant fixture but i started reading this post and im interested in making the current adjustable like yours so i can control the brightness. Here's what ive been looking at, would this work? If not what would you suggest for adjusting current from 500-900. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

Would this work>: http://ledsupply.com/03023-d-e-1000p.php

That will work.

If you are going to have the LEDs in close proximity to the MH, make sure you have a good heatsink, and good airflow directly over the heatsink. The extra heat that the MH will put out will easily overheat the LEDs if you are not careful.

• 4 weeks later...
Elite Twit
Sunpods and Outer Orbits should fit the same. Novas, Satellites, Sundials and Orbits should fit with minor changes. I have two people in the group buy that have purchased for the Novas, so we will see how they fit.

Who grabbed them for the novas? I want to get a dual set for my NEP when you do another group buy and want to see how their's fit..

And of course, AMAZING work!

coachfraley
Who grabbed them for the novas? I want to get a dual set for my NEP when you do another group buy and want to see how their's fit..

And of course, AMAZING work!

I picked up a dual for my nova extreme 24". I am not sure if the same rails are on the NEP?

I think the NEPs are closer to the Sunpod in size. I think the NEs are a little smaller, but not much.

Hey Evil, im just excited and patience about your LED light for the SUNPOD coming soon. As i was waiting for your led to be ready to ship out whenever. i decided to modify my sunpod because i can not afford another MH with Actinic and wanted to save money so i took out a part the whole thing and use what i got hanging around my house. i use 2 x 27 w Sunpak Aquapod 12 gallon and some how modded into my 20" Sunpod and this is the out come all i need now is your LED setup and my master piece is done. Keep us updated. sorry to hi-jack your page but i just wanted to show you all. thanks! -dave

IMG_0017_2.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Thanks, thats meant alot to me and was my first diy lighting. it took me 6 hours to plan, figure, took apart, and put it back together. i guess you can say i was bored on my off day from work. Hows the LEDs for the pods going? Any news?

Still waiting on some parts to get them all finished, but I don't think I will see them for another week until they come off backorder.

• 1 month later...

Hey Evil!

When will these become readily available again?

Or

When do you start working in the sweat shop again?

Either or I'm interested.

Still working in the sweatshop!

I hope to have more of these available again at least one more time this year. Not sure when though.

New tank is doing well. The Biocube that the actinic shots were taken on is about to be replaced by an Oceanic 30g cube. The Biocube is doing well, but it's just getting too small, and I got a smoking deal on the 30g :)

• 3 weeks later...
LivingStrong08
Soon.

YES!!! If there is a list, plz put me down for 2!! Actually what would you recommend for a Bio Cube 29? One or two? Whatever your reccomendation is, thats how many I want. :)

Archived