Cultivated Reef

Finally, Sunpod LED Actinics

evilc66

Can you guys suggest other options for adding actinics to a sunpod? Preferably without having to build it yourself? Been looking at the stunner strips, but not sure if I'll be able to tell any difference when the halide is on. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you guys suggest other options for adding actinics to a sunpod? Preferably without having to build it yourself? Been looking at the stunner strips, but not sure if I'll be able to tell any difference when the halide is on. Any suggestions are appreciated.

What about the powerbrite led? Would that be a good alternative?

I'm working on something slick that should be done if about a week or two. I am just waiting for a few different heatsinks to come in the mail to see what will work best. I will let you know if I have any left over parts after all my tinkering.

• 5 months later...

So I know this is an old topic, but i was wondering if someone can help me find these. I'd like to add actinics to my 70w 20" Sunpod.

thadscottmoore

I am interested too!

So I know this is an old topic, but i was wondering if someone can help me find these. I'd like to add actinics to my 70w 20" Sunpod.

I don't make them any more. Classifieds is one way to get them. The Ecoxotic Stunners with the optional reflectors should provide similar results.

I don't make them any more. Classifieds is one way to get them. The Ecoxotic Stunners with the optional reflectors should provide similar results.

yah those are nice. What did you use to make them wouldnt mind trying to make something myself if you are no longer making them.

A couple of peices of aluminum angle machined to size, a few LEDs and optics, and a driver, and you have it. Honestly, if you don't need dimming like I baked in, then just use Stunners with the optional reflectors.

I have with no luck, I'll keep looking though. Thanks
Hello,are u looking for the ones that you attach to your synod. Made by evil.I have a set that I'm not using please let me know. B)
Hello,are u looking for the ones that you attach to your synod. Made by evil.I have a set that I'm not using please let me know. B)

if you have aset by evil for the sunpod let me know how much im interested i sent you a pm... Or txt me for faster response thanks... 610 809 4758

• 3 weeks later...

i still am looking for some of these dont really want the stunner strips like the way these look on the sunpod better. Please let me know i need these thanks ! please pm.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I am thinking about getting a couple of these. If anyone has any, they should let me know. Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived