SaltCritters.com

my 25 gallon cube =)

bluenassarius

what kinda fish are you keeping os?

I had two clowns, a goby, and planned to add a flame angel and maybe a sixline wrasse. However the clowns both died this week - one jumped for sure (found him in the ATO area) and one is MIA. I am probably going to wait a month before continuing stocking, make sure I can keep the goby (also known for jumping) alive.

Osric

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bluenassarius
I had two clowns, a goby, and planned to add a flame angel and maybe a sixline wrasse. However the clowns both died this week - one jumped for sure (found him in the ATO area) and one is MIA. I am probably going to wait a month before continuing stocking, make sure I can keep the goby (also known for jumping) alive.

Osric

sorry to hear about your clowns are you planing to have a cover?

Nice pickup on the acan...too bad I didn't have any $$ for the auction.

thanks dude.. i'm glad you didn't have the $$$ lol. think everybody was saving their scratch for the killer chalices there.

bluenassarius

another update

so i cut up one of my starfish months back. the severed legs have created new legs and mouth :)

starfizzle.jpg

bluenassarius

thanks roxy :)

as i'm waiting for my rock to finish curing i left the mermaids fan on the sand bed.. it has produced a small one and one that will be shooting up soon (photo 2). what's interesting is i haven't planted it in the sand bed yet..

mermaidsfan.jpg

mermaidsfan3.jpg

bluenassarius

put some of the rocks in the tank.. not really happy with the way it turned out but too tired to redo it. snapped some shots of my cyphastreas. these are actually 2 different morphs. i didn't know they had 2 different colored ocellinas..

ocellina1.jpg

ocellina2.jpg

bluenassarius

lol not planning to frag for a while. want them to grow out. they've been moved around so much lately.

some growth shots

few months ago..

fireandiceleptastrea-1.jpg

yesterday

fireicelept.jpg

fireicelept2.jpg

months ago..

unknownlps2.jpg

yesterday

unknownfavia.jpg

bluenassarius

had to get a shot of my P.O.W. (prisoner of wreef) Bulldozer the sand conch.. he's committed naughty acts such as knocking over frags & stirring up the sand. he's been banished to the back chamber. his parole date is unknown. however, if you would like to petition a release date, feel free to :)

POR.jpg

DAHNIC561

I've been lurking on the forums for the past few weeks absorbing knowledge from the forums. I am setting up a 25G Eco Cube. I was initially gonna go w/ the current solana but the price difference savings of $50 was the breaker since they are basically the same tank badged differently.

eco cube is 18x18x18

solana is 20x20x20

so for $50 u gave up about 10 gal...

bluenassarius
I've been lurking on the forums for the past few weeks absorbing knowledge from the forums. I am setting up a 25G Eco Cube. I was initially gonna go w/ the current solana but the price difference savings of $50 was the breaker since they are basically the same tank badged differently.

eco cube is 18x18x18

solana is 20x20x20

so for $50 u gave up about 10 gal...

FYI solana made a 18x18x18 25g cube.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~cat...ory~FIAQCK.html

bluenassarius

so i ordered a euro reef nano skimmer and frag-a-rack this week and it arrived today! woo hoo

euroreef3.jpg

euroreef2.jpg

resun pump w/ alloy mesh uses only 11w :)

euroreef1.jpg

euroreef.jpg

magnetic frag rack from frag-a-rack.com. it's very clean looking

fragarack1.jpg

fragarack2.jpg

Paleoreef103
lol not planning to frag for a while. want them to grow out. they've been moved around so much lately.

some growth shots

few months ago..

fireandiceleptastrea-1.jpg

yesterday

fireicelept.jpg

What is that orange one?! Is that an orange galaxea?

I like your avatar :blush:

Hey Sam,

I really like your corals and that tank setup is looking good. I'll be tagging along. Do you have any pictures of the back that shows how you set up your tunze auto top off and wires from the controller? I'm trying to see if there's any way to make all the wires that pop out of a rimless tank clean and clutter free.

Also, by any chance, would you happen to know who that girl in your avatar is? I ask because I think she may be a friend of mine, but I've never seen her dolled-up like that so I'm not 100% sure.

Oh yeah, and let us know how that euroskimmer works out.

bluenassarius

hey POTY

thanks dude. long time man! how you liking korea? i haven't hooked up the tunze top off or the controller yet.. yeah, the gurl in the avatar is some model. i don't have her name off hand right now but i'll chk 4 u when i get home. the skimmer is working awesome. it's foaming up now. i had to empty the cup the other day. well worth the cash i paid 4 it.

I really HAS been a long time eh?

That's good news about the skimmer. I've been waiting to get some real feedback for it before taking the plunge.

As for the model, hit me back with a name so I can see if that really is who I think it is... :)

• 2 weeks later...
bluenassarius
I really HAS been a long time eh?

That's good news about the skimmer. I've been waiting to get some real feedback for it before taking the plunge.

As for the model, hit me back with a name so I can see if that really is who I think it is... :)

bro

it definitely has. hows everything in korea? my wife wants to go visit her dad soon.

the model is thai.. her first name is pimai. i don't know the last lol

took a quick top down shot tonight. not really big on zoas anymore so i might phase em out and put some lps

topdown5-21-09.jpg

Very nice collection! Looks like you're getting great growth on those pieces!

What is that paly on the top right? Does it have golden sprinkles in it? Looks really nice :)

Archived