ReefCleaners.org

my 25 gallon cube =)

bluenassarius

bluenassarius

fict,

ordered marco rocks which will arrive in 2 days.. gonna cycle that for a month or so then put it in the display.. this is temporarily setup like this..

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bluenassarius

got my order of marcorocks today. this florida deco rock has nice shapes. some pieces could be mistaken for base rock or aragocrete tho.

they're in the tub w/ a bunch of live rock curing.. should be a good 2-3 weeks before they're ready to go.

marcorock001.jpg

marcorock002.jpg

marcorock003.jpg

marcorock003.jpg

marcorock005.jpg

marcorock006.jpg

marcorock007.jpg

bluenassarius

no need to be jealous.. its nothing right now :(

i've got 6 sexy shrimps in there right now. i'm thinking of adding another 14 or 9. what do you think?

I think you should probably not bother with adding any new rock because you should just send all those micromussa & acans to me. kthxbye!

bluenassarius
I think you should probably not bother with adding any new rock because you should just send all those micromussa & acans to me. kthxbye!

ok my acans love seahorse sandwiches :P

i love your seahorse tank. :)

Thanks. and :P yourself!

You know, the folks at seahorse.org say acans are OK with seahorses. That always sounded weird and perhaps incorrect to me. Do you think they'd sting? Seeing as you have so many...maybe you'd know!

bluenassarius

the peeps at the org know their stuff. acans put out some crazy tentacles and are grabby. i guess if it puts a horse in the full nelson its lights out 4 it. :D

the peeps at the org know their stuff. acans put out some crazy tentacles and are grabby. i guess if it puts a horse in the full nelson its lights out 4 it. :D

Nice looking set up Sam. I forgot you like acans lol

That's what *I* thought too but those org folks say acans are OK.

Threat level = 1

That just doesn't seem right to me.

roxy, yeah i like em a lil.. :P

HAHA a lil you should see the one I have its all brown and boring since I have no t5 with 12-20 kelvin, I am going to get MH this week and get 14k so it should color up

bluenassarius

what other levels are there carinya?

HAHA a lil you should see the one I have its all brown and boring since I have no t5 with 12-20 kelvin, I am going to get MH this week and get 14k so it should color up

send me sum of those jewels roxy ;)

Here's a synopsis:

0 - represents close to zero risk.

1 - still pretty safe.

2 - these are a bit riskier, and you should proceed with caution.

3 - I wouldn't keep any of these critters with my seahorses, but you're welcome to try.

4 - these specimens either have no business in a seahorse tank

More extensive text can be found here.

My instinct would be to put them at a 2.5 or 3. So I was just curious what your thoughts were. :)

bluenassarius

soon enough eric :P

while i'm waiting for the rocks to cure.. i took some photos of my sexy shrimps chillin on the frogspawn (it's not the branching kind.. thats one single piece)

frogspawn.jpg

frogspawn2.jpg

bluenassarius

my rainbow getting its color back. i placed it way up high against the light and it turned it mostly red. now that its back on the sandbed its getting all kinds of colors back.

rainbowupdate.jpg

yellow acan

yellowacan.jpg

bluenassarius
Nice Nano, like the sexy shrimps!!! How do you keep them from getting sucked in by the filter??

thanks! the sexys stay on the frogspawn most of the day except when they go scavenge for food

bluenassarius
How do u like the ATO on the Ecocube?? I was thinking of getting a cube!!

i don't use the stock stuff on the cube except for the return pump. everything else has been taken out. i'm installing the tunze ATO on this setup.

there is so much selection to choose from for a nano. i had a oceanic biocube before.. i wasn't pleased with the closed tops. i went with this tank because the wife approved of it :P

Archived