Cultivated Reef

my 25 gallon cube =)

bluenassarius

bluenassarius
Dang, nice stuff....... Watching this one. :)

thanks lalani..

what small fishys are out there? gonna need to get one to keep the lil 1 happy. i had a 1.5" algae blenny in there before.. i do not see him anymore :(

my livestock currently consists of 3 different starfish, 6 sexy shrimps (might add 9 more)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bluenassarius

tank arrived!!

wasn't sure if i got the ecocube or the solana.. guess this is the solana :P check out the box :lol:

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

stand in box

stand1.jpg

acjr courtesy of socaltropicalfish

acjr2.jpg

acjr1.jpg

bluenassarius

what a drag... the drawer piece is damaged :(

1.jpg

2.jpg

spk to Dr F&S and they are shipping me another stand. i only need one piece.. they said its easier to ship the whole thing. another week before i get the part to finish off the stand

a glance at the tank..

solana2.jpg

here it is put together..

solana1.jpg

does anybody remove the locline on the return? it's a bit intrusive in the tank.

Sorry 'bout the stand... The good Dr's ALWAYS take care of you though!!!

I think you'll be fine removing the loc-line, sine you have the Vortech!

bluenassarius

so i spent the past few hours putting it together, putting the light stand on.

i've decided to remove the media, bioballs from the chamber. i've modified the rack so it can hold my temp and ph probes instead.

ecoback.jpg

phtempholes.jpg

and here it is with light..

lighton.jpg

leak test tonight. if it passes, in goes the sand for a few days. i will be running heavy carbon since its live sand being transferred over.

ooooooohhpeter

sam this is nice . ima be in elk grove soon to visit my new niece the next two weeks or so i gotta see ur setup. hopefully its up by then.

bluenassarius
sam this is nice . ima be in elk grove soon to visit my new niece the next two weeks or so i gotta see ur setup. hopefully its up by then.

peter hit me up b4 u head out this way :)

wow im so jealous!! want to just box that tub up and send it my way? ;)

:lol:lol sorry, it has a destination already :P

bluenassarius
okay half and i'll even pay for shipping!

but on the real this is going to be an amazing tank.

quite tempting ;) thanks. i just filled it w/ water and running the vortech. suprisingly the mp20 doesn't seem to push much water even when cranked to the max

reeferbarra20

Looks pretty good so far, I've been out of the reef hobby for a couple of years now and i've been contemplating about another AIO. I've been a bit hesitant to go out and purchase one ever since I came home to a dead clownfish that had jumped in the back tray of my biocube... How do you plan to avoid fish from jumping back to their deaths?

bluenassarius
Looks pretty good so far, I've been out of the reef hobby for a couple of years now and i've been contemplating about another AIO. I've been a bit hesitant to go out and purchase one ever since I came home to a dead clownfish that had jumped in the back tray of my biocube... How do you plan to avoid fish from jumping back to their deaths?

eh.. no protection.. if they're daring and want to jump to their death. thats ok with me.. hehe

i'm not much of a fish person. i'm going to get a fish to please my wife and son. other than that, its going to be sexy shrimps and starfish as far as livestock goes hehe :)

Guess I am right! Sam is the Same Sam!!! :happy:

So by the way, Sam, you've got some very nice corals and frags as well as niche top equipments and tank as well!

And yes, I can predict a NTOM in the future. :happy:

bluenassarius
Guess I am right! Sam is the Same Sam!!! :happy:

So by the way, Sam, you've got some very nice corals and frags as well as niche top equipments and tank as well!

And yes, I can predict a NTOM in the future. :happy:

lol :) yes its me, how are you doing?

lol :) yes its me, how are you doing?

Hi Sam, I am good and very busy. Still working in the same job in the same company. But in the process of starting my own business. Is tough for a start. But I guess only time and hardwork will tell :happy:

How about you? :happy:

bluenassarius

school school school :) enjoying every minute of it.

so i transferred the sand over. it was super cloudy when i put it in...

cloudytank.jpg

went to walmart to get some of this felt they use to make filter socks

felt.jpg

30 minutes after adding it in the chamber. pretty clear now :)

notsocloudy.jpg

the substrate i used is grade 1 aragonite mixed with miracle mud

miraclemudarago.jpg

bluenassarius

YIKES!!!!

picked up a frag of the babys breath favia and went over to my parents place to place it in the tub. the tub looked like some guy did something unnatural in it.. (milky water) i spent the past 3 hours bagging corals inspecting em and now they are in elk grove w/ me. sheesh and to think they were fine at 4:30p today when i went to inspect em. water was clear and perfect.

Sucks for the milky water but you have some great taste in corals and tank selection.

I will be keeping track of this tank thread.

Good job.

bluenassarius
Sucks for the milky water but you have some great taste in corals and tank selection.

I will be keeping track of this tank thread.

Good job.

sup adolfo

yeah, i was really shocked to see the corals in milky water. i rushed to see what caused the milky water.. none of the corals are damaged. maybe the trochus snails spawning again..

bluenassarius

finally got done transferring the stuff over to the tank.. can't fit all the stuff in the tank

newtank2.jpg

tank.jpg

some of the stuff that is left over..

whatsleft.jpg

took a few close up shots of the corals

acan1.jpg

acan2.jpg

acan3.jpg

aog-1.jpg

rainbow3.jpg

stthomas.jpg

Archived