Innovative Marine Aquariums

my 25 gallon cube =)

bluenassarius

Nice tank! Looks like your going with some good equipment.

I just got a sundial for my nc24dx

Couple questions

what are your light cycles?

Why did you choose a sundial over the ecocube light?

The new vortechs are coming out soon for the nano size. is that what you got?

thanks

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bluenassarius

thanks nano mano

congrats on the sundial.

i chose this fixture over the ecocube light because it has the 150w option and actinics. what bulb are you running currently? the stock bulb was removed and replaced with the 20k radium. the colors are fantastic.

the light cycles are manually turned on right now.

i have the mp20 vortech. i didn't know about the mp10 until after i ordered the tank. i'm very pleased with the mp20 and still might order the 10 just to play with it.

bluenassarius
I want some of those tweesers too! I just picked up some moon lights from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300307326419

I am running the stock bulb for now. Why did you switch to 20K? For the color or do you not agree with running 10k? Oh I forgot to ask what height did you set your pendant at?

Thanks

yeah they're stainless steel. pretty cool so i don't have to dip my hands in the tank. i've been doing it lately and the wife has been getting angry.

i went w/ 20k for the color, no other reason. the pendant is hanging about.. 10" from the top of the tank.

Nice rainbow Sam. I have to see that in person. There are so many rainbows out there. It's hard to figure out what I would like to get. Post some more pics man.

bluenassarius
Astounding you have excellent taste in corals! Thanks for your help on the bryopsis.

likewise in excellent taste in corals :) your welcome on the bryopsis. lmk if you have problems with any other nuisance algae :D

Wow, your Solana looks great, and since I'm a Solana owner I guess I could be a bit biased. Good luck with it and keep posting pics for us to look at. Any ideas what fish your going to add to the tank?

Bruce

bluenassarius
Ty I will let you know. I am dealing with a red slime outbreak. Somebody has toooo many nutrients in his tank.

cool. additional flow and lowering nutrients will help resolve that problem :)

Wow, your Solana looks great, and since I'm a Solana owner I guess I could be a bit biased. Good luck with it and keep posting pics for us to look at. Any ideas what fish your going to add to the tank?

Bruce

gracias. i was thinking of adding a pair of neon gobies and maybe a algae blenny. i'm scurred to add too many fish as the system might not be able to handle all the bioload

finally got done transferring the stuff over to the tank.. can't fit all the stuff in the tank

newtank2.jpg

tank.jpg

'I want togo there'

Beautifully pieced together. I look forward to seeing it with some of that fancy rock!

bluenassarius
'I want togo there'

Beautifully pieced together. I look forward to seeing it with some of that fancy rock!

thanks. can't wait til the rock is cured!! :D

looking good sam,

Yes, i can see the ones you gave me..they are doing good by the way...

keep up the nice work

thanks tang,

check this out. its your pink zippers. :)

pinkzippers.jpg

some rose nebulas..

rosenebs.jpg

thanks. can't wait til the rock is cured!! :D

thanks tang,

check this out. its your pink zippers. :)

pinkzippers.jpg

some rose nebulas..

rosenebs.jpg

nice..is that a green star?

bluenassarius
nice..is that a green star?

lol yeah.. a big annoying green starfish.. he blocks the overflow all the time. i get scared the tank might overflow when he does that.

tang,

check out the acan i won at tonights auction.

pinkacan.jpg

Sweet Acan

Love all the colors of your corals.

That Marco Rock have a lot of character.

Can't wait to see them in your tank and full of Coraline.

lol yeah.. a big annoying green starfish.. he blocks the overflow all the time. i get scared the tank might overflow when he does that.

Is the tank level or slightly slanted to the back wall? Then if you block the overflow it should failsafe over the back wall. If the tank is slightly tilted forward ... the water could hit the floor :)

Honestly I'd test it, no sense finding out whether it overflows when you're _not_ home.

Osric

bluenassarius
Nice score! :)

Can't wait to see it puffed up.

me 2.. i think its this acan i've been eyeing online for a while.

Sweet Acan

Love all the colors of your corals.

That Marco Rock have a lot of character.

Can't wait to see them in your tank and full of Coraline.

thanks adolfo

Is the tank level or slightly slanted to the back wall? Then if you block the overflow it should failsafe over the back wall. If the tank is slightly tilted forward ... the water could hit the floor :)

Honestly I'd test it, no sense finding out whether it overflows when you're _not_ home.

Osric

i'm contemplating giving it away. because it looks massive in this small tank and his venturing to the overflow daily. the vortech is closing to the front of the tank and pushes alot of water to that side of the tank.

what kinda fish are you keeping os?

bluenassarius

woke up to the sound of corals screaming for their lives.

crazyfavia.jpg

heres the culprit

patch of my micromussas

variouscorals.jpg

Archived