Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ribbies Rimless 15G Reef

ribbie

I'm not too sure how long they can actually go without food, but a week is probably pushing it. He probably is eating pods.

I actually picked up one of these guys today. I'm surprised they actually had some they said someone special ordered one & they decided to order a few more. Mines is pretty freaked out right now swimming up and down by the glass or just perching on the sand. The LFS fed him some brine before I bought it & they said they also eat pellets so hopefully it won't be too difficult to get him to eat once he gets comfortable.

G'luck with yours. Maybe he'll be interested in the mysis.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not too sure how long they can actually go without food, but a week is probably pushing it. He probably is eating pods.

I actually picked up one of these guys today. I'm surprised they actually had some they said someone special ordered one & they decided to order a few more. Mines is pretty freaked out right now swimming up and down by the glass or just perching on the sand. The LFS fed him some brine before I bought it & they said they also eat pellets so hopefully it won't be too difficult to get him to eat once he gets comfortable.

G'luck with yours. Maybe he'll be interested in the mysis.

Thanks Rocker. I know I said it in your thread but awesome pictures! I've been feeding him the mysis but he still doesnt want to eat in front of me. I can only observe him from a distance before he runs away into a cave. :(

He's got a lot of energy and doesnt seem to look any skinnier so we'll see. I think he's eating pods too.

Still haven't gotten any good pictures of heyzeus.... but I did get a great deal on some frogspawn from a local reefer! :D

Here's some pics:

2nvcjft.jpg

In the container coming home... it's got a long stock. Is it ok to cut it down at all? It's tough to glue as is so I just stuck it in the sand.

219bgxc.jpg

In the sand!

ev4e2b.jpg

I realized after about 5 minutes that it was in the wrong spot in my tank. Too much flow so I moved it under the Koralia powerhead.

2z81flf.jpg

You can see there's quite a few heads. It was described as one but I can see a small third head trying to grow! :D

20zs1es.jpg

And finally, two nassarius snails fighting in the front of the tank and another one sniffing the air.

Cool, I love the green and pink frogspawn. You would likely be okay trimming it down as long as you stay well away from the fleshy areas.

I can see some anemone shrimps in your future ;)

Lets see if this works....

A video of Jesus that basically captures every encounter we've ever had. My spotting him, approaching with a camera, and him running away. As you can see, I'm unable to get close enough to take some good macros of him. :(

View My Video

Thanks Opy! I'm really looking forward to watching the frogspawn grow. Seems like a very healthy specimen. It's extended quite a bit since I've taken those photos.

So a little update, I placed my order with reefgate this week and am expecting a shipment Friday morning from them. I can't wait. Adam, or yeast on n-r, has provided me with excellent service thus far and has answered any and all questions I've had. He's even hinted at some freebies! I'm excited!

Ordered the following:

- Eagle Eye Zoas

- Pink Panther Zoas

- Green Candy Cane

- Red/Blue Acan

Will update with pics!

Do I ordered a single submersible 10w light from discount pumpz on Aug 4th and it's still not here. They haven't sent me a tracking number or anything. I emailed them last week in regards to this and they didn't respond to that either. They sure as hell charged my credit card for it though. Not happy.

Do I ordered a single submersible 10w light from discount pumpz on Aug 4th and it's still not here. They haven't sent me a tracking number or anything. I emailed them last week in regards to this and they didn't respond to that either. They sure as hell charged my credit card for it though. Not happy.

Normally if I dont hear anything within a few day I call my bank and dipute the charges. It pisses me off when companys do crap like that.

Normally if I dont hear anything within a few day I call my bank and dipute the charges. It pisses me off when companys do crap like that.

I've asked for a refund now. They've finally called me back and the person on the phone was on the defensive from the get go. Arguing with me on when I ordered it exactly etc. I dont have time for that, sorry. :)

In other news, MY CORALS ARE COMING TODAY!!!!! :D :D:D

Can't wait to see the new corals!

I'm going to do a mega update here in a couple hours. The package is on time and on the truck waiting to be delivered. I'm getting excited! :P

Happy box makes me happy :)

o0q9ec.jpg

Adam at reefgate predipped all of the corals for me just before shipping so I could add them directly:

312jq6v.jpg

I ordered two types of Zoanthids.... The first one is named "eagle eye":

2nbfvjp.jpg

The second is a "pink panther". Unfortunately, they broke free of the frag tile and were floating in the bag. I glued them back on but so far they're closed up tight. I hope they make a full recovery:

xfym1x.jpg

I also ordered my second and third LPS corals!

A red blue acan:

71nude.jpg

and some Green Candy Cane:

xf6ul5.jpg

Adam also threw in two freebies! (Thanks :D)

orange bam bams:

dbo96p.jpg

and I believe this is some sort of tongan zoa but it's not open yet so I can't really ID it:

f028ee.jpg

and a bonus picture, my favorite shot of my frogspawn so far:

2r2n894.jpg

I'll get some better shots in a bit once I turn the lights fully on again.

Tank is looking great, but you need to desensitize the goby! Slap a tv in front of the tank and run action movies 24/7!

awesome freebies!

definitely! one of the freebies still hasnt opened but the rest finally have!

Tank is looking great, but you need to desensitize the goby! Slap a tv in front of the tank and run action movies 24/7!

Haha I know!

Here's some more pics:

red/grey acan

x6etqt.jpg

neon candy

264gx02.jpg

orange bam bams

2ue7k01.jpg

pink panthers

24php3r.jpg

eagle eyes

ili29s.jpg

FTS

eajujb.jpg

thanks guys... unfortunately they have closed up tight. The only ones still open are the eagle eyes. I'm going to do a wc after work and extend the actinic photo period to 1 hour before and after the white bulbs go out. See if that makes any difference.

thanks guys... unfortunately they have closed up tight. The only ones still open are the eagle eyes. I'm going to do a wc after work and extend the actinic photo period to 1 hour before and after the white bulbs go out. See if that makes any difference.

Thats sad. They are all so pretty too. I wonder what happened, mine would open even with nitrates as high as 80 (after a misshap). I hope they all open up soon again.

Archived