inTank Media Baskets

Ribbies Rimless 15G Reef

ribbie

True that. Mind you, everything is farther away in Canada too (and the demand isn't as high ;) ).

I shipped a pair of headlights out there one time and I remember it was like 70 bucks to ship and the guy didn't get them for like 8 days crazy I'm like 6 hours from the Canada border I should just meet him up there :lol: I think he was from Toronto.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your green clown goby is so awesome looking! Hope you're able to take some more pics of him to share with us. Those markings are crazy cool. B) Good choice on a fish.

Your zoas are growing fast! Do you feed them anything or just let them bask under the T5s?

I shipped a pair of headlights out there one time and I remember it was like 70 bucks to ship and the guy didn't get them for like 8 days crazy I'm like 6 hours from the Canada border I should just meet him up there :lol: I think he was from Toronto.

Well, there is the whole thing of UPS and FedEx screwing international shipments out of waaay more money than they are worth. Hidden fees and duty will kill ya :lol: I actually received 4 MH ballasts in June from Michigan, duty was 10 bucks and shipping around 20 through USPS for 2 boxes. I won't accept shipping through any other carrier (other than Canada Post) because of this.

Just read through your thread. Very nice build. I like your aquascape also. It kind of makes me wish I used my 20L instead of my 10 lol.

Your green clown goby is so awesome looking! Hope you're able to take some more pics of him to share with us. Those markings are crazy cool. B) Good choice on a fish.

Your zoas are growing fast! Do you feed them anything or just let them bask under the T5s?

Thanks Rocker! :D They're just doing their thing under the T5. I have started feeding in the last week but they seem to be doing well. I noticed a new paly head yesterday also.

Just read through your thread. Very nice build. I like your aquascape also. It kind of makes me wish I used my 20L instead of my 10 lol.

Thanks opy! If only I had the LED skills like you :D

Thanks opy! If only I had the LED skills like you :D

I love doing stuff like that. You buy the parts and I could build it for you :D .

This was the best pic I was able to take yesterday of him... he's spooked every time I get near the glass with the camera.

291cec1.jpg

When I get better pics I'll add them to this thread. I'm going to have to learn how to use my camera better lol! And photoshop!

You could do a quick auto white balance on a free photo editing program like the gimp.

291cec1.jpg

It doesn't look so washed out that way. I have a hard time trying to take pics with the light fixture. Everything turns out way too blue or over exposed. Actually, I need to learn how to use my camera too. ;)

Paleoreef103
You could do a quick auto white balance on a free photo editing program like the gimp.

It doesn't look so washed out that way. I have a hard time trying to take pics with the light fixture. Everything turns out way too blue or over exposed. Actually, I need to learn how to use my camera too. ;)

It's true. Gimp rocks

If you learn your camera well, you won't need Photoshop ;) I love your fish!

Yes but if you did that Adobe would go out of business. lmao

Photoshop rocks even if you know how to use your camera. White balance and other settings dont do colors justice most of the time and the picture hardly ever turns out the same as real life. Then again my pictures are always more vivid because of photoshop. But knowing how to use your camera helps alot lol.

I hope I didn't give the impression that your photography skills are lacking, ribbie... I apologize if that's how it sounded, I just reread my earlier post and it seemed like it may have come off that way.

Yeah, okay that was sort of a blanket statement... I won't take it back but still believe that relying on Photoshop can lead to unreal looking (ie: non-representational) pictures. It will depend on your camera too... mine has a LOT of different settings, a cheaper point and shoot probably wouldn't have some of these settings. Though a little level adjustment, contrast, and white balance can go a long way to great photos ;)

I do most of my editing in Windows Photo Gallery :redface: lol it works for my needs. I've been kicking around the idea of buying a cheaper copy of Photoshop but can't justify it... I just take more pictures, at least a few turn out awesome :lol:

Back to the tank! Now you have a green clown goby... what tankmates are you planning for him?

ok so first you say his photo skills suck now you are saying his camera sucks? lmao just playin. I am constantly changing my setting to play with different effect but tank shots are hard to begin with when you take into account the glass distortion if your not looking straight into it and flash reflection if you need a flash. It get complicated.

haha no no, I'm not offended at all guys. I've owned my camera for about 2 years now but I've never really used it. I appreciate whatever pointers I can get, believe me! :D I did some reading last night on tips and tricks for my p+s (especially in macro mode). I'm going to play around with it a little bit after work.I find that I take better photos without flash too.

Also, it's day 5 of my having the fish home and I've not seen him eat once. I make sure to feed around the same time each day (5:30ish) and shut off the pumps so he knows that it's food time but the bastard hides in the back of the tank until I leave.

I've tried to just sit there still as can be and he won't come out. But if I walk away and come back 5 minutes later hes sitting out in the open. I'm feeding him pellet food.

Hope he makes it! :blink:

If you've seen him eat once maybe he's eating while you aren't there. Are you removing the uneaten food? Is there some missing when you come back?

As far as the camera, I find that a tripod helps the most. Turn the ISO up a little, maybe to 400 or so, to get a little faster shutter speed. Also try different white balances to see what looks the best with your aquarium light.

They need to make glass that has the same refractive index as water ;)

That would be nice wouldnt it lol.

Well the food I bought sinks and most times it ends up getting scooped up by the nassarius snails (who have a pinkish/red "tongue" apparently lol they go nuts when I feed).

I'll try monitor it closer today. He doesnt look skinny but he's only an inch long so it's tough to tell.

Hmm, since he's so small he's probably eating 'pods... he'd be about the right size that copepods would make a nice mouthful.

Hmm, since he's so small he's probably eating 'pods... he'd be about the right size that copepods would make a nice mouthful.

I've only seen one pod in my tank.... and that was like two days ago. I haven't looked with a flashlight at night though. I hope you're right because I tried feeding him last night and he didn't have a single pellet. Shut off both my AC70 and K1, added 4 pellets and watched... nothing.

Then I decided to leave the room incase maybe my presence was messing with him.... came back 10 minutes later and the 4 pellets were still floating there. After I turned my pumps back on the pellets hit the sand bed and two nassarius snails had a good meal. -_-

I don't know if I'm not feeding him enough pellets or if he's just simply not interested. The LFS I bought him from gave me this food and told me that's what he's eating. The only problem is that the directions on the food aren't very helpful.. and I dont have the time to go find some live food either.

He's still alive though so he has to be eating something, right?

What kind of pellets are you feeding him? Maybe you should try feeding frozen if he's not going for the pellets. Here's something off of liveaquaria:

"The Green Clown Goby's diet should consist of a variety of brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp, table shrimp, and frozen food preparations for carnivores."

It's worth a try.

Btw, fishes can go for days w/out eating.

What kind of pellets are you feeding him? Maybe you should try feeding frozen if he's not going for the pellets. Here's something off of liveaquaria:

"The Green Clown Goby's diet should consist of a variety of brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp, table shrimp, and frozen food preparations for carnivores."

It's worth a try.

Btw, fishes can go for days w/out eating.

Ok I'm just worried because it's been 5 days now...

ou9lj6.jpg

that's the food. :)

Buying a new heater today... my ebo is broken (set at 93 heats to 81). Also going to do a waterchange either later tonight or first thing in the morning.

Fishy is still alive but not eating pellet food..... He seems to come out at night though so maybe he is eating pods after all.

Archived