Cultivated Reef

RAOK! ***FREE STUFF!***

eddiecorrea

RAOK thoughts  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the RAOK idea?

• I love it!
    • It's okay.
    • I think it is lame.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so is this thread just for hardware, or should we have one for frags too, cuz im looking for some rics and a nice monti cap, and kinda would like to see some RAOK on those :)

how do you get to claim things here

So heres the deal. We are all a big community here at NR. And everyone knows we all have something fish related laying around we don't use but someone else could. So thats why I am starting this RAOK. What is a RAOK you ask?

A RAOK is a Random Act of Kindness. The idea is your post what you do not use or want anymore(It has to be in good working condition. Nothing that belongs in the trash) and put it up for grabs. Whoever claims the item pays for shipping of the item and MUST post something up for grabs by someone else. The item can be anything fish related. It can even be livestock. Just make sure it is legal to ship before posting. California has some crazy rules you know.

The rules:

1. Must have ATLEAST 50 posts on nano-reef. Keeps people from signing up just to get free stuff. You can give if you have under 50 posts. Just no claiming.

2. No charging for the item. The person who claims it pays shipping. Thats it.

3. If you claim an item do so in a post on this thread. NO PMs! In that post put the username and the item you are claiming. Then post your item in the same reply. You may PM to get paypal to pay for shipping. But claim it in the thread first.

4. Try and post your shipping cost with your listed item. Makes it easier that way so there are no items claimed and then backed out on.

5. You can post as many RAOK items as you want. But only claim one. If it is up for more than 2 days without being claimed you may claim it. But you must post an additional RAOK item.

6. You may post anything up for grabs. Just as long as it is appropriate and legal. Doesn't have to be fish related.

7. And most importantly have fun. Any questions PM me. Lets keep random chat out of this thread please. It will keep it easier to find items.

So I will start it off with two items. These are 2 separate items and must be claimed by different individuals.

First up is my Mag-Float mini. For glass. Shipping is $2 ($5 bill used for size comparison only!)

Second is Kent Marine Nano Reef Part A and B supplements. 8oz bottles hardly used. Shipping is $4.50

IMG_0064.jpg

Got a couple more things to offer up.

3/4 bottle 8 oz of Kent Marine Strontium + Molybdenum

3/4 bottle 8 oz of Kent Marine Essential Elements

Should be able to ship the both for $5.00

Kim

Tanque Verde

I'll claim the cadlights fixture if its still available. It'll take me a while to offer equal value, but I'll make a point of it.

not_sponsored

Please post up the next offer while you're claiming something, claiming it then waiting a few days to post something new up will kill the thread. If you have nothing to offer, don't claim anything.

Current offer should be by nanoreefnovice

This is becoming a continuous trade thread... not a bad thing at all, but just saying.

Yep the "random act of kindness" title is a little misleading.

NanoReefNovice
Please post up the next offer while you're claiming something, claiming it then waiting a few days to post something new up will kill the thread. If you have nothing to offer, don't claim anything.

Current offer should be by nanoreefnovice

Im sorry, i thought the topic title was random acts of kindness. :huh:

I had to work this week. I got off early today so i could get up in my storage to find everything im not currently using that is aquarium related. :)

CIMG4535.gif

• API Saltwater Master Test Kit - slightly used
  • Siphon Assembly - squeeze ball type
  • Poly Filter - regular and phosphate removing stuff
  • Mag Float - has some coralline build up
  • Aqua Mend - slightly used
  • Net - its a net

This is not a trade, it is what I can spare to give to the next person to keep on doing what they love, reefing. PM me w/ what you need.

Koolaid... im really excited about the light, thank you. :happydance:

I'll take the master kit nanoreef novice and the rest if i can... where in cali are you??? Im in Orange county

Up for grabs from me : I have a 175w mh 14k and 10k bulb and a 250w 14k bulb

NanoReefNovice
I'll take the master kit nanoreef novice and the rest if i can... where in cali are you??? Im in Orange county

Up for grabs from me : I have a 175w mh 14k and 10k bulb and a 250w 14k bulb

PM'd :)

eddiecorrea
This is becoming a continuous trade thread... not a bad thing at all, but just saying.

Tis the point. It has been cleared by all the moderators on the site. That was the entire point of this.

It's in the rules already. If you are not ready to post something up for someone to grab then don't claim anything.

Yep the "random act of kindness" title is a little misleading.

Really? How so? Nobody else seems to be confused. It is a Random Act of Kindness. Its not everyday that someone puts up a nice T5 fixture for someone to have for FREE! Therefore its a pretty Random Act of Kindness.

Rule update: #5 You may claim as many items as you want but you MUST post an item per item you claim. So if you claim 3 things from the same person or 1 thing from 3 people you must post 3 items up for grab. Don't bundle stuff.

NanoReefNovice

Sorry Eddie i guess i was misled thinking this was a forum for kindness, not just trade chain. I was planning to put up all this stuff eventually, once i got it out of storage, w/o claiming b/c i was touched by the idea and i wanted to help other reefers in need. :happy:

In that spirit of kindness i put up everything i was not using at the moment in hopes to help out someone else. :) I am struggling financially like a lot of other people here and i think this is a great idea to help us do we love.

Also, it seems your asking people to hoard their stuff until they see something they want, which i believe is not in the spirit of kindness and giving. <_<

I guess all the vets have already saw this coming...

People please keep on giving for giving. :)

I still have the bulbs if anyone wants them

Current 10k 250w DE, two months use

XM 10k 250w DE, two months use

This is a really good idea! I notice people are saying this is more of a trading list, but I agree very much with the rule that you have to offer something to claim something, otherwise people will just take and take and never give anything. This is a good way to keep the thread going. I will look around afterwhile and see what I have to offer.

Weetie, what's the DI cartridge? Does it have resin?

I just bought a new one at DFS and the TDS won't go below 2.

Just looked at the original post and I'll claim the DI cartridge.

In addition to the bulbs still available, I can part with a Whisper 40 air pump that I used for mixing saltwater.

Archived