Cultivated Reef

RAOK! ***FREE STUFF!***

eddiecorrea

RAOK thoughts  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the RAOK idea?

• I love it!
    • It's okay.
    • I think it is lame.

5. You can post as many RAOK items as you want. But only claim one. If it is up for more than 2 days without being claimed you may claim it. But you must post an additional RAOK item

Maybe I'm alone on this, but it doesn't read out properly to me.

It it supposed to mean...

A. You can post as many as you want

B. You can only claim 1 item in a 2 day period

C. After the 2 day period, you need to post another item in order to claim one

I like the idea, but it just doesn't seem logical at this point because people will simply hold onto their things so they can do another claim 2 days later, or for example assume I listed everything I was offering in 1 post, I made 1 claim and had nothing left to offer, I would have to find something in order to claim again.

I guess I might be starting to like the way I used to do things where if someone had something they didn't want, they would just offer it and not expect anything in return. In the event they did need/get something they weren't pressured to give something else just to obtain another something.

Probably doesn't make sense right now, but we tried something similar to this on my truck forum and that went to hell when there were standards like this. I ended up just dropping the whole thing all together because it caused a ruckus amongst people. Then we had some who complained the free thing wasn't what they needed, or I found it on ebay a week later.

If you guys actually go through with it, BE CAREFUL! and I have to suggest a seperate catagory where there is a restriction of some sort where they need to be a supporter or have a set number of posts that they don't know about (In other words a secret forum that once their post count hits a set # it opens for them.)

just my final $0.02 B)

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea
Maybe I'm alone on this, but it doesn't read out properly to me.

It it supposed to mean...

A. You can post as many as you want

B. You can only claim 1 item in a 2 day period

C. After the 2 day period, you need to post another item in order to claim one

I like the idea, but it just doesn't seem logical at this point because people will simply hold onto their things so they can do another claim 2 days later, or for example assume I listed everything I was offering in 1 post, I made 1 claim and had nothing left to offer, I would have to find something in order to claim again.

I guess I might be starting to like the way I used to do things where if someone had something they didn't want, they would just offer it and not expect anything in return. In the event they did need/get something they weren't pressured to give something else just to obtain another something.

Probably doesn't make sense right now, but we tried something similar to this on my truck forum and that went to hell when there were standards like this. I ended up just dropping the whole thing all together because it caused a ruckus amongst people. Then we had some who complained the free thing wasn't what they needed, or I found it on ebay a week later.

If you guys actually go through with it, BE CAREFUL! and I have to suggest a seperate catagory where there is a restriction of some sort where they need to be a supporter or have a set number of posts that they don't know about (In other words a secret forum that once their post count hits a set # it opens for them.)

just my final $0.02 B)

You have not been here long enough to make these assumptions about the community here. We help each other out. We don't take advantage of each other. And most importantly we all trust each other for the most part. There are the rare exceptions but it is usually of sellers that come in with 10 posts and try and rip people off.

This is setup perfectly to work. I never said you had to post up 5 things at once. I posted alot of things at once because I do not have any desire to claim anything. Well unless a picotope comes up but I doubt that will happen. And no we do not need a "Secret Forum" for this as 95% of the people here will respect the rules set fourth in the first post.

When you reach the required posts please come back and claim something. Until then lets keep the chat out of this thread like I asked in the first post.

I have a hamilton 250w mh se bulb 14k has seen some use but good bulb still.

My girlfriends tanks are in desperate need of skimmers if anyone has some pm me...

shipping out from 90743

atlantis reef i will take the skimmer :D

Here is what I can offer:

Mag-Float mini $2 shipped first class

post-41331-1238225765_thumb.jpg

Quick, Is the mini mag float still available?

I have to offer 900ml Marineland Premium Activated carbon. Opened and only used a little.

You have not been here long enough to make these assumptions about the community here. We help each other out. We don't take advantage of each other. And most importantly we all trust each other for the most part. There are the rare exceptions but it is usually of sellers that come in with 10 posts and try and rip people off.

This is setup perfectly to work. I never said you had to post up 5 things at once. I posted alot of things at once because I do not have any desire to claim anything. Well unless a picotope comes up but I doubt that will happen. And no we do not need a "Secret Forum" for this as 95% of the people here will respect the rules set fourth in the first post.

When you reach the required posts please come back and claim something. Until then lets keep the chat out of this thread like I asked in the first post.

Few months longer than you isn't long enough? Sorry I'm not an avid poster, but as I stated.. I've done this before and know what happens. Good Luck, I hope I'm wrong.

eddiecorrea
Few months longer than you isn't long enough? Sorry I'm not an avid poster, but as I stated.. I've done this before and know what happens. Good Luck, I hope I'm wrong.

Ya sorry this is my second username. One day my old one just was locked out. Could never be recovered. But like I said stop soiling this thread please.

Quick, Is the mini mag float still available?

I have to offer 900ml Marineland Premium Activated carbon. Opened and only used a little.

I still have one available if you want it. PM me if you do.

Atlantis Reef

I also have two CustomSeaLife Power compact 2 x 55 ballast ready to use just need bulbs. I HAVE NO USE FOR THEM BUT I WOULD LOVE TO TRADE FOR A INLINE TDS METER. They are heavy so there will be some shipping but they are free otherwise!! HINT NEED INLINE TDS HEHEHE I will dig more tomorrow or the next day I have so much stuff I saw filters, Waterproof end caps other ballast and more

I also have two CustomSeaLife Power compact 2 x 55 ballast ready to use just need bulbs. I HAVE NO USE FOR THEM BUT I WOULD LOVE TO TRADE FOR A INLINE TDS METER. They are heavy so there will be some shipping but they are free otherwise!! HINT NEED INLINE TDS HEHEHE I will dig more tomorrow or the next day I have so much stuff I saw filters, Waterproof end caps other ballast and more

Don't have an TDS meters to offer up, but I could use your ballasts sir.

Kim

Atlantis Reef
Don't have an TDS meters to offer up, but I could use your ballasts sir.

Kim

Send me your zip so I can check shipping they are heavy

Atlantis Reef

15.00 is ground shipping weight through FEDEX and UPS and USPS is 16.00 parcel post let me know in pm with address

Scott Riemer
I have a nanocube 24 PC hood with brand new bulbs....im open for offers

Not what this thread is about. Read the first post.

I have a Salifert Ca (Calcium) Profi Test that I've used about 15 times. Not really using it anymore. Expires January 2013. Shipping is $5.

Just got this in today, packing was excellent, there were even packing peanuts inside the box to protect the stuff inside from breakage.

If there was ever a day when I needed a Random Act of Kindness, it was today.

Thank you SO much for bringing a smile to my face at a time when I really needed it. :flower:

No problem at all, I wanted to ship it so everything was in tact and safe, that is why I spent the extra 20 mins! -_-

You did an awesome job, I really, really appreciate it. :)

eddiecorrea
You did an awesome job, I really, really appreciate it. :)

Glad this worked out.

And I hope your day gets better Weetabix. :flower::grouphug:

NanoReefNovice
i have a 24 inch cadlights NO t5 4 bulb fixture i can throw in, and a maxi jet 600 (need to see if it still works)

Can i claim the 24 inch cadlights NO t5 4 bulb fixture? :)

Archived