Top Shelf Aquatics

new Canon stuff announced today.

bzphotog

still take it over the mess of buttons Nikon throws on their cameras...Just cause they didnt add new features still doesnt mean its worse. I still dont see how people say the ergonomics of Nikon cameras are good...They are AWFUL

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriggerHappyDude

I don't think by "mess of buttons" he meant actual number of buttons.

I think he meant layout and flow of the buttons, which I agree with him, I like how Canon has theirs arranged and designed.

I have been playing with this part of the camera(s) or the last few weeks. I do like the Canon a lot more.

they're nearly identical

3,4,5 on the rear of the cameras is almost the only difference

besides, ergonomics is 100000% personal preference

I like having multiple wheels

i like having multiple girls at the same time, but just because i like it doesn't mean that it is ergonomically efficient - especially when the sample size > 2 (for both wheels and girls!)

since I dont have a D3, I don't know what the third wheel does

but on mine, I like having the two wheels, but that fits into your exclusion criteria so I guess that doesn't matter

I may have just noticed a 4th wheel on the nikon

i like having multiple girls at the same time, but just because i like it doesn't mean that it is ergonomically efficient - especially when the sample size > 2 (for both wheels and girls!)

although i see andy's point, i have to agree with lat that a lot of it is personal preference.

here's a lame example from the video game world:

the xbox 360 controller is technically more ergonomic than the ps3 controller. the design of the ps3 controller, however, allows me to navigate multiple buttons more quickly and effectively than the xbox 360 controller. therefore, more often than not, i prefer the ps3 controller. when a game doesn't require the use of all of the buttons, however, i tend to prefer the 360 controller.

sometimes I think hatred negatively effects one's objectivity and credibility

20090401-fn8m8a3mitetf9ctufij8nrubh.jpg

20090401-ktf3n7uuf4fy7xcgq9bw4k4ax8.jpg

20090401-1fcb4wshc97qjpe3xhb63j2ekn.jpg

sorry but your nikon bodies need like 3hands to control...the Canons are setup soo much better and are much more useful..that Large wheel on the back makes things SOOO much easier and faster to change settings. When i try to use my buddies D300 I am waiting for a 3rd hand to appear so i can work the buttons as needed. The amount of buttons isnt the same of a MESS of them making it harder to control

TriggerHappyDude
they're nearly identical

3,4,5 on the Canon is the part I love the most, that same area on the Nikon I feel like my thumb is going to hit one of those buttons (13,14), but you are right, its personal preference. And thats what's important to me.

they're nearly identical

Just because the buttons might look the same doesnt mean they act in the same way.

3,4,5 on the Canon is the part I love the most, that same area on the Nikon I feel like my thumb is going to hit one of those buttons (13,14), but you are right, its personal preference. And thats what's important to me.

right, and these were important things for us all to consider when we were buying our own cameras

I don't, however, think they are relevant in the least when making recommendations to other users about cameras they are considering to buy

all of us in here try to interject our own subjective opinions onto others in "what camera should I buy" threads

those opinions are meaningless (unless the person asking the question is an identical twin to one of us)

we should be focusing on objective differences that might actually make a difference

even though the threats constantly come up, it is always ultimately up to user preference when they select it

Canons are an absolutely horrible fit for my hands and I personally do not like the button layout, but that is no reason for me to suggest they are inferior products, nor is it a reason for me to suggest that a stranger on the internet avoid using their products

TriggerHappyDude

I think the thread started out as a Canon thread, continued as a Canon thread, and then 05XRunner just mentioned the mess of buttons on the Nikon, wasn't asked how he felt about them, I don't think, just mentioned he didn't like it and then you, I believe, turned it into a Nikon vs. Canon thread with your visual stimuli...no one was suggesting anything was bad about Nikon to anyone, he just expressed his opinion. As well as I did. So don't get mad. I did see some cracks at Nikon, but that wasn't lending to the thread, we all saw and ignored it. Most all anyway.

Thats how I remember in re-reading the thread. We can start the argument if needed but I don't think anyone here was asking us which camera to buy in a Nikon vs. Canon war, I was asking to compare some Canon models, thats about it...to my best recollection.

But to say our opinions are meaningless, means this entire forum is meaningless, our opinions matter, thats what we are here for, to get each others opinions, things we hadn't considered, things we didn't think about, from someone else's opinion right?

Both companies and camera lines are winners. We all know this.

Not trying to fight with you either. Lets not start one of those. We're all grown ups here.

I agree with you that the threat has gone off topic and largely in part due to me

the rants in my post are concerning the photography forum in general

you haven't spent much time in here, so my post probably seems pretty random to you

no hard feelings

fwiw, Im only 13, so Im not a grown up yet

TriggerHappyDude

Yeah I'm new to the photography world, looking at Canon/Nikon cameras...and don't worry, I'm only 13 sometimes too inside this 35 year old body.

disaster999

sometimes what o5x posts just makes me LOL and shake my head in disappointment. what he can say about nikon i can say about canon.

i do not understand the huge wheel, buttons do not flow for me at all. and the menu is like satan from hell. i have no idea how the hell to change the settings on it.

ergonomics is, like latazyo said, 100000000000000000000000000% on personal preferences. you might like fat chicks, who are obnoxious, loud and annoying, doesnt mean i have to like what you like.

so yes i do agree with latazyo that what people spew in "which camera is better, nikon or canon" is pure meaningless crap because they bring their emotion into it. canon uses like wolf and SDT has to bash on nikon because their buttons are better and nikon kills babies with their overpriced lens and CCD sensors.

Archived