Top Shelf Aquatics

new Canon stuff announced today.

bzphotog

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as the new 500D is very much bottom of the rung... it still depresses the ###### out of me it's spec'd almost twice as well as my 20D.

HUGE let down...they make some special announcement to release yet ANOTHER damn rebel. I am sick of all these low end things..I wish they would start focusing towards higher end like a new 1Series. or the infamous 3D or 7D. :angry:

HUGE let down...they make some special announcement to release yet ANOTHER damn rebel. I am sick of all these low end things..I wish they would start focusing towards higher end like a new 1Series. or the infamous 3D or 7D. :angry:

+1

Wanting to upgrade out of my 30D.

+1

Wanting to upgrade out of my 30D.

the 50D would be a pretty good upgrade from the 30D

MUCH better AF as all points are cross type at 5.6 and faster and the center point is cross and diagonal at 2.8 and faster, Live view, micro adjust, ISO up to 12800, 14bit, 6.5fps, 3" 900k LCD, sRaw

Not to rain on y'alls parade, but Canon is probably catering to the pro-sumer market because that's where their revenue is. I agree that they should be releasing on both ends though.

Geez, you guys are never satisfied.

what really does this offer over the XSi...more MP that are not needed..a swivel LCD whoop de doo, and ISO up to 12800 that is probably useless...Its like they announce a new rebel every 3months. Nothing on this camera makes it really worth while over a XSi

OHH I forgot it does that stupid video. and only gives you 20fps in 1080 mode..so that is kinda dumb

I am just sick of seeing canon put out a new body and say its NEW...when they add like 1 worthy thing to it. They are pretty damn boring when it comes to features..been using the same beat ass 9point focus system in everything but the 1 series forever now..its time to get off their ass and actually make a better focus system with a few more points and much better layout..say 15point system. adding movie feature, and a swivel LCD and MORE Mp doesnt sound like something new..just another "here...now shut up" release.

Like the 5DII they had the opportunity to make a TITAN of a camera..FF, with the MP people want in it, VERY VERY clean ISO..good build, feel, and then they go and much it to hell by puttin in the EXACT same craptastic focus system that was in the original 5D...not even and update..the SAME

I understand and agree that they've been lacking with new and innovative products.. but like Jason mentioned, they are catering to the masses right now.

When does your new cam arrive?

I understand and agree that they've been lacking with new and innovative products.. but like Jason mentioned, they are catering to the masses right now.

When does your new cam arrive?

when I order it..LOL I wasnt expecting my 1DII to sell in 2hrs when I listed in on the canon forum..Figure it would take about a week and my tax refund would be in to fill the gap. But nope it sold fast as hell

TriggerHappyDude
Canon managed to stuff a 50D into the body of an XSi - how exactly does that suck?

So for someone who was shopping around and close to buying a 50D, does this camera now become the front runner? I mean I haven't compared the specs, at all, and wouldn't know what half of them mean yet, but for my first DSLR, I wanted to go with the 50D, but if this camera is the 50D in a "XSi" body and a lot less money...should I go for it?

I LOVE the feel of the 50D in my hand, is this going to feel smaller?

Also, are there two different body styles for the Canon EOS 500D (Digital Rebel T1i / Kiss X3 Digital)? Or just two different stickers?

Thanks!

Smaller, and cheaper. 05X can correct me, but I believe it's the same sensor and Digic4 chip. Beyond that the new Rebel falls short of the 50D.

this is NOT a 50D stuffed in a rebel body..its the same sensor yes..BUT, its AF system wont be nearly as good since it doesnt share all the same specs of the cross points, build is a totally different league, fps 6.5 vs 3.4, the 50D also has Microadjust so if you have a lens that is backfocusing or front focusing you can adjust it in the camera to correct it. If you looking at a 50D this new Rebel is not anywhere near the same thing or a front runner. the 50D still is leaps and bounds above.

Archived