inTank Media Baskets

new Canon stuff announced today.

bzphotog

Yeah but no one cares about all that junk, that's why Canon keeps coming out with more Rebels. The pros are satisfied with an incredible (if aging) line, and the masses demand more and more megapixels and swiveling LCDs to satiate their hunger.

When the economy picks up and all the people buying Rebels now start trying to be pros by buying pro cameras, Canon will update it's pro line. Until then, enjoy your new MkIII. ;)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriggerHappyDude

Thats good info guys, thanks. So what about the HD video in this new one, is it limited to a time interval? Or can you record as much as your card can hold? Just trying to see, I really don't want video in my DLSR at all, but a friend seems to think its a deciding factor for him, trying to convince him otherwise...

I'm still a 50D man.

Thats good info guys, thanks. So what about the HD video in this new one, is it limited to a time interval? Or can you record as much as your card can hold? Just trying to see, I really don't want video in my DLSR at all, but a friend seems to think its a deciding factor for him, trying to convince him otherwise...

I'm still a 50D man.

30 minutes HD video.

BUT its only 20fps at 1080 and 30fps at 720p..so if you want to use true HD 1080 it will probably look like crap only being 20fps

TriggerHappyDude

Also, a friend of mine is trying to argue with me that this camera is a must for him because of the HD video camera and using stupid comments like what I quoted below...Do the lenses you buy for a Rebel really matter for this 30 minutes of HD video? I told him I was going to keep my camera and HD Video separate from each other...oh and his main goal, at first, was to shoot astrophotography. I think he thinks there is an advantage of having a collection of lens for a video camera? Maybe there is?

Video is a must for me. I'm still waiting to see what lens comes with

your camcorder.

Also, a friend of mine is trying to argue with me that this camera is a must for him because of the HD video camera and using stupid comments like what I quoted below...Do the lenses you buy for a Rebel really matter for this 30 seconds of HD video? I told him I was going to keep my camera and HD Video separate from each other...oh and his main goal, at first, was to shoot astrophotography.

your friend just sounds like the typical P&S buyer..doesnt look at important features.

TriggerHappyDude
your friend just sounds like the typical P&S buyer..doesnt look at important features.

Well he did say HD Video was important to him! :D

But what camera features are important to him? He'd just say they are equal to the 50D or close enough.

Well he did say HD Video was important to him! :D

But what camera features are important to him? He'd just say they are equal to the 50D or close enough.

Much faster AF in 50D, 6.5fps vs 3.4fps, micro adjust, Build and button layout are FAR FAR better. you will be able to change settings on the fly much faster then him with his video.

Also, a friend of mine is trying to argue with me that this camera is a must for him because of the HD video camera and using stupid comments like what I quoted below...

Does this one even have auto focus while filming? The D90 does not, and I hear you almost need three hands to be able to shoot smooth video, since you're constantly focusing, zooming, and panning.

Look at some of the D90 videos on Youtube. Video quality is nice, but audio sucks, and like I said, people look highly un-coordinated with the zoom and focus duo. It looks like retro video.

Much faster AF in 50D, 6.5fps vs 3.4fps, micro adjust, Build and button layout are FAR FAR better. you will be able to change settings on the fly much faster then him with his video.

I totally agree with you 05X. I had an xsi and a 50D and its a world of difference handling wise. The xsi kind of feels like a toy compared to a 50D. Not to mention the AF is sooooooo much better on the 50D. The xsi has pretty lame AF compared to the 50D in similar lighting conditions. Also has a smaller,dimmer viewfinder. You will also love the top lcd as well the dial control on the 50D.

Does this one even have auto focus while filming? The D90 does not, and I hear you almost need three hands to be able to shoot smooth video, since you're constantly focusing, zooming, and panning.

Look at some of the D90 videos on Youtube. Video quality is nice, but audio sucks, and like I said, people look highly un-coordinated with the zoom and focus duo. It looks like retro video.

D90 also suffers from a pretty nasty rolling shutter problem..everything moves like jello if you move the camera to fast

D90 also suffers from a pretty nasty rolling shutter problem..everything moves like jello if you move the camera to fast

Ahhhh, this is true. I forgot about that. I saw that in the videos, as well. Seems to be common with larger-resolution cameras that are actually making video from a series of JPG images.

Ahhhh, this is true. I forgot about that. I saw that in the videos, as well. Seems to be common with larger-resolution cameras that are actually making video from a series of JPG images.

the 5DII controls it MUCH MUCH better

TriggerHappyDude

So how long has the 50D been out? When is a 60D expected? Rumor was they are going to do the Rebels and the D series updates every year now?

ORLY?

Definitely ive been pretty much floored by the video quality on the new 5D.

So how long has the 50D been out? When is a 60D expected? Rumor was they are going to do the Rebels and the D series updates every year now?

The 50D came out around October of last year. Id guess and say the 60D should be out towards the end of this year or first quarter of next year.

TriggerHappyDude
Definitely ive been pretty much floored by the video quality on the new 5D.

The 50D came out around October of last year. Id guess and say the 60D should be out towards the end of this year or first quarter of next year.

The video on the 5D I've seen online has impressed me...I guess its pretty cool option to have available instead of carrying around a nice camera and video camera?

Do you think the 60D will have video, have there been any leaks of information on the 60D?

The video on the 5D I've seen online has impressed me...I guess its pretty cool option to have available instead of carrying around a nice camera and video camera?

Do you think the 60D will have video, have there been any leaks of information on the 60D?

i will bet 100% the 60D will have vid..but do you want to wait about 10months or so for it to come out

disaster999

haha...this is the exactly the reason why my friend is jumping ship and moving out of canon and into nikon.

haha...this is the exactly the reason why my friend is jumping ship and moving out of canon and into nikon.

???? because they dont have stupid video in the xxD series cameras yet?

disaster999
I am just sick of seeing canon put out a new body and say its NEW...when they add like 1 worthy thing to it. They are pretty damn boring when it comes to features..been using the same beat ass 9point focus system in everything but the 1 series forever now..its time to get off their ass and actually make a better focus system with a few more points and much better layout..say 15point system. adding movie feature, and a swivel LCD and MORE Mp doesnt sound like something new..just another "here...now shut up" release.

Like the 5DII they had the opportunity to make a TITAN of a camera..FF, with the MP people want in it, VERY VERY clean ISO..good build, feel, and then they go and much it to hell by puttin in the EXACT same craptastic focus system that was in the original 5D...not even and update..the SAME

no, because of this

Archived