Coral Vue Hydros

new Canon stuff announced today.

bzphotog

I just have a different bag for my notebook. 17" is going to make for a huge bag if you have to have it + your camera gear.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is everything I use to cram in my old 7 Million dollar home...there is NO way you could fit a 17" notebook..maybe in a brazillion dollar home but that bag is really big and probably look stupid carrying it around.

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

in the pics are a 1D Mark II, 430ex flash, Sigma 50-500, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 28-75

Holy mother that thing is huge! I've got a 5 million dollar home, that's why I said camera+lens plus an additional 2 lenses, lol.

The brazillion dollar home looks reasonable...

https://www.crumplerbags.com/flash/flash.as...home-bz01a.html

I will bet if you get that you will hate it..its HUGE and being a 1 shoulder sling it will be very very uncomfortable if you fill it. all my gear added up was around 15lbs for the stuff I had in my crumpler..and after a few hours my shoulder would be sore. I dont think they are very comfortable.

TriggerHappyDude

I'm used to BIG and HUGE stuff... :D

How can you tell how big or huge that thing is? It doesn't look that big to me.

I'm used to BIG and HUGE stuff... :D

How can you tell how big or huge that thing is? It doesn't look that big to me.

because I had the 7million dollar home the size one below it and it was kinda big to have on your hip..I couldnt imagine that thing its almost like double the size. plus look at the pic on the crumpler site of the guy wearing it...it is about as big as his back. if you use it make sure you only walk in open spaces cause you will probably be knocking over everythng around it....its probably a decent bag to lug gear from job to job..but its not something I would wear out just taking pics.

disaster999

i have the tamrac adventure 9

holds a 17" laptop and 3-4 lenses.

its a really good bag to haul your stuff in, but not that great if you bring it out to shoot with. its pretty big. would bring a shoulder strap bag around for that

TriggerHappyDude

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I will have to get serious about shopping once I get the camera and lenses...I'm starting to think the Canon 24-70L f2.8 lens might be better for me to start with over the camera kit that comes with the 24 - 105 mm lens...and so I think this would be how I would start my collection:

1. 24-70 f/2.8 (first lens for sure)
  2. 100mm f/2.8 (macro for tanks shots)
  3. 70-200 f/2.8 IS (to give me some range)
  4. 50mm f/1.4 (just another solid Prime lens)

I'm starting to think the Canon 24-70L f2.8 lens might be better for me to start with over the camera kit that comes with the 24 - 105 mm lens...and so I think this would be how I would start my collection:

why?

i have the 24-70/2.8 and love it, but the 24-105 is a very capable lens. the kit lens has IS (which the 24-70 lacks) but is a stop slower than the 24-70. since the IS effectively lets you shoot 1 stop slower thn you usually could when hand-holding, these 2 lenses are basically the same. the 24-70 does open up a bit more, allowing you to have shallower depth of field, but the kit lens has a longer reach.

just seems like an unnecessary swap to me - especially since you're looking at the 50/1.4 as well. if you are so set on the 24-70, why not just buy the 5d2 body and add the 24-70?

if you hate having a shoulder and back and neck that don't hurt then get a 1 strap shoulder bag

I like the lens lineup with the exception that I'd get the sig 70-200 2.8 over the canon

andy's just saying that because he doesn't want anyone else to get a 24-70

that1reefstud
what really does this offer over the XSi...more MP that are not needed..a swivel LCD whoop de doo, and ISO up to 12800 that is probably useless...Its like they announce a new rebel every 3months. Nothing on this camera makes it really worth while over a XSi

OHH I forgot it does that stupid video. and only gives you 20fps in 1080 mode..so that is kinda dumb

It does have an HDMI jack built in thats pretty cool

TriggerHappyDude
why? just seems like an unnecessary swap to me - especially since you're looking at the 50/1.4 as well. if you are so set on the 24-70, why not just buy the 5d2 body and add the 24-70?

This is what I was planning, just the body purchase and then the 24-70 lens purchase.

I think this lens suits me more and the shots I'm wanting to take. The faster lens will be more beneficial to me and my planned shots than the extra zoom length. Right now I plan to shoot a lot of my son, aquarium tank shots, live local bands, portrait type shots...thats why this lens sounds better to me and my needs.

The 50mm Prime is listed last, and might not be needed, something else might take its place so thats to discuss after I get the first three lenses on the list. Which could be a while.

My needs might change a lot, I just think after further investigation the 24-70 sounds like a better first lens for me, even though I won't get a kit discount like I would the 24-105.

I like the lens lineup with the exception that I'd get the sig 70-200 2.8 over the canon

So you feel the sig's price is better and quality to the canon is close enough to save the money and go with sig?

yes and it is literally less than half the price

he listed the 70-200 2.8IS..now if you wher elooking at the normal 70-200 2.8 I would get the sigma over the canon every time..The IQ is so close and the focus on the siggy is very fast. But sigma doesnt offer a IS on their 70-200

Does anyone know why Canon's are white in color?

to reflect light (and thus heat), the thought being this: the barrel of the lens heats up and expands, thus moving elements around in the glass, in turn degrading IQ.

Archived