ReefCleaners.org

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I need to figure out what to do with my skimmer. I get microbubbles all in my display if I turn it on. I tried adding baffles to one of the removable compartments but that didn't get rid of all of the bubbles and it made my water level too low in the other compartments. Any ideas?

Cool setup.

Any Ideas on the skimmer?

I can't get this thing to skim anything. It usually just fills right up with water. Lots of bubbles but it doesn't really produce skim-ate.

Cool setup.

I can't get this thing to skim anything. It usually just fills right up with water. Lots of bubbles but it doesn't really produce skim-ate.

hmmm -_-

Have you tried adjusting the thing at the pump intake?

hmmm -_-

Have you tried adjusting the thing at the pump intake?

Yes, I have tried everything. I have read many others sharing the same results. I guess with such a small setup you can't really expect all that much though.

Looks good dude. I got a few aps on my rock as well but a fair price for #####n rocks.

I'm lazy did you go crabless with your CUC? I only have snails in my cuc. Well I have two crabs one red and one blue. But they are on my hit list. One mess up and they are out. Seriously I have a small can of Ole Bay sitting by the side of the tank just to help them remember that I mean business. :)

Haha, nice. I moved a couple of rocks and the ap. is now under some sand. IDK if that is good or not. I haven't ordered any crabs for my cuc yet, but I definitely want to.

With the skimmer, I have heard that you can just add a bit more air hose with a valve and that is supose to quiet down the skimmer..

With the skimmer, I have heard that you can just add a bit more air hose with a valve and that is supose to quiet down the skimmer..

I'm not worried about the noise, it's all of the bubbles coming into my display

Love the 'scape. I'm a big fan of the "n". I did a modified "n" in my NC 12DX. Fearing being repetitive I opted for an "L"(turned 90 degrees clockwise). Nice setup and nice rocks.

Scratch Famous
I'm not worried about the noise, it's all of the bubbles coming into my display

I've had my Nanowave about 3 months now. Adding the airline tube and a valve to control the air intake is the only mod I've really made. It definitely helped get the skimmate a dark brown color, and reduced the bubbles, but I can't get all of them out of the display. I have Chemi-Pure, filter floss and cheato in the refugium, but nothing is catching all the bubbles. I also think water level seems to make a difference. Too much or too little, and the skimmate gets clearer and I get more bubbles in the display.

more pics!! :D

Patience. There's a lot of diatom growth...

I've had my Nanowave about 3 months now. Adding the airline tube and a valve to control the air intake is the only mod I've really made. It definitely helped get the skimmate a dark brown color, and reduced the bubbles, but I can't get all of them out of the display. I have Chemi-Pure, filter floss and cheato in the refugium, but nothing is catching all the bubbles. I also think water level seems to make a difference. Too much or too little, and the skimmate gets clearer and I get more bubbles in the display.

Well that's inconvenient. Thanks for the tips. So far I have just been leaving the skimmer off :(

That un-id'ed algae has been growing

DSC00848.jpg

One of the sea hares reappeared today :)

DSC00849.jpg

Blue-ish hitch hiker zoas

DSC00852.jpg

Green-ish hitch hiker zoas

DSC00853.jpg

Sea hare/ algae side view

DSC00854.jpg

Ok, I just went and looked at my tank. The two apistasia the I have have gotten bigger :( I also saw some flatworms and I might be getting some bubble algae as well.

Oh joy :(

Archived