Cultivated Reef

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sprintermike

Long thread here, so I haven't read the whole thing...

I got the same deal as you on the NW9. Not a bad tank, though it has a few problems. (They sent me two tanks, each of which leaked!).

The best thing you might possibly do is build an overflow box for the return. Look on youtube and someone has posted one. Also, the tank can get VERY hot, if you open the cover to the fuge while the main light is on it will help.

Let me know how things go.

omfg wtf fml <_<

Still no rocks -_-

Long thread here, so I haven't read the whole thing...

I got the same deal as you on the NW9. Not a bad tank, though it has a few problems. (They sent me two tanks, each of which leaked!).

The best thing you might possibly do is build an overflow box for the return. Look on youtube and someone has posted one. Also, the tank can get VERY hot, if you open the cover to the fuge while the main light is on it will help.

Let me know how things go.

I open the little thing on the front which helps a lot. I will be upgrading to a pendant 70w mh soon anyway. :) I have been thinking of building an overflow but never got around to it.
70W pendant? did someone find some money? :D sweet dude. which one are you looking at?

I didn't find money, I found grass.

And a lawnmower :lol: But it's a push mower. And it's not self propelled. And I have a virus, so I can't mow today. Which is a shame because it's ridiculously nice here today (85 :o) I will probably be getting a fni fixture. Maybe something else if I can find more money. One that would run cooler would be nice

+1 on replacing the Koralia 1 with two Nano's. I did the same thing on my BC14.

Also, consider a DIY LED build for lights. More PAR, less electricity, no heat issues, and you can dial in whatever color you want. Check the link in my sig.

On the topic of base rock coming alive... From what I've read, it will take about six months to become fully functional as a source of denitrification. So, you may want to keep your stocking low and water changes frequent for a while.

+1 on replacing the Koralia 1 with two Nano's. I did the same thing on my BC14.

Also, consider a DIY LED build for lights. More PAR, less electricity, no heat issues, and you can dial in whatever color you want. Check the link in my sig.

On the topic of base rock coming alive... From what I've read, it will take about six months to become fully functional as a source of denitrification. So, you may want to keep your stocking low and water changes frequent for a while.

Thanks for the tips!

oh yeah, get some chaeto and put it in a breeder basket when youre cycling. it'll help

and ive got a frag line-up for you to choose from :P i'll take a pic when they open up from eating some mysis :lol: nom nom

oh yeah, get some chaeto and put it in a breeder basket when youre cycling. it'll help

and ive got a frag line-up for you to choose from :P i'll take a pic when they open up from eating some mysis :lol: nom nom

Yeah, I know. I need to do that. I have a built in fuge screaming for it! It has a light and everything ;)

Archived