SaltCritters.com

Foo's Nano Wave 9

CL_

looks good. I had so much trouble with cyano and algae in my MW9 that I haven't turned the lights on in two months, lol.

I have one K nano pointed at the front of the tank, plus the return pump in the back and it seems like plenty of flow. why'd you decide on the second nano?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks good. I had so much trouble with cyano and algae in my MW9 that I haven't turned the lights on in two months, lol.

I have one K nano pointed at the front of the tank, plus the return pump in the back and it seems like plenty of flow. why'd you decide on the second nano?

Thanks.

Well, I got the two as a package deal. Got 'em both for like $23 shipped. I wanted something to replace my k1 because it was so huge, but I didn't want to lose any flow.

I'm getting an emerald crab to help out with the algae.

I re-adjusted the rocks on the lower shelf so that it would look more like a shelf and less like a plateau.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wheres the pic update?????? :P its coming along very nicely mate!!

^^^^^^^^ :D

Lol, I still have a bunch of algae. Lately I've been getting this reddish-brown algae that looks like diatoms but it forms stands and gets everywhere. It's easy to blast off with a turkey baster but it comes back within minutes :huh: I've been doing 10% water changes every 5 days or so, but it just keeps coming back :mellow:

Here's an update. Ecer since I got some new coral I've been getting this brown slime/ stringy stuff, and my corals haven't been opening all of the way. IDK if it's because the stuff gets on them and aggravates them or what. Here are the pictures.

The stuff isn't there too much when the lights come on, but it comes back fast

DSC01660.jpg

The lights had just come on

DSC01661.jpg

10 minutes later

DSC01664.jpg

Not sure if you can tell the difference

Monti cap. Was green, but it's turning orangish/ brown in my tank

DSC01662.jpg

10 minutes later

DSC01665.jpg

The stuff does eventually get bubbles in it. I'm not sure if it's because it's photosynthetic or if bubbles are just getting trapped in it. Maybe it's ric slime, though, my rics that I got in that order (didn't have any before) look fine to me...

NanoReefNovice

Dont have an id for ya but it looks like you have way too much nutes in you water. I cant remember exactly what you have running but i say brush off all the algeas, do a large water change, add some cheato, run some chemipure elite, watch your feeding and up your CUC.

Dont have an id for ya but it looks like you have way too much nutes in you water. I cant remember exactly what you have running but i say brush off all the algeas, do a large water change, add some cheato, run some chemipure elite, watch your feeding and up your CUC.

Thanks for the tips. I have chaeto (though, it's not really growing, but now that I think about it, it's after the skimmer, maybe I should put it in the tank for a while to help out, stronger light too) I have been doing mostly regular wcs, and I did increase my cuc a little. They don't touch the brown stuff.

Carriegiesler

Great thread. I had a NW9 then up graded to a AP24 because I wanted more realestate.Loved the little tank and it was a great deal, nice to hear the offer is still going.

I currenlty am battlling the Bryopis issue also. How is your war going? Any tricks to share. I was told in increase my Alk., drease my light. Which I have done all now for about two weeks and so far pretty good. Alk level is 11.2.

also keep the pics coming.

I have same tank and also had a huge algae problem. I forgot name of it but this stuff got outta control and still is. I beefed up my CUC and its getting better, cut down feedings.

great tank, i love it. The fuge in back is nice and the stock skimmer works well but mine fills up with water in like 24 hours, wierd!

Great thread. I had a NW9 then up graded to a AP24 because I wanted more realestate.Loved the little tank and it was a great deal, nice to hear the offer is still going.

I currenlty am battlling the Bryopis issue also. How is your war going? Any tricks to share. I was told in increase my Alk., drease my light. Which I have done all now for about two weeks and so far pretty good. Alk level is 11.2.

also keep the pics coming.

My algae is slowly getting better. I guess that I could add more to my cuc. What would you suggest?

I have same tank and also had a huge algae problem. I forgot name of it but this stuff got outta control and still is. I beefed up my CUC and its getting better, cut down feedings.

great tank, i love it. The fuge in back is nice and the stock skimmer works well but mine fills up with water in like 24 hours, wierd!

Yeah, my skimmer runs really wet all of the time.

CL, do you have a TDS meter?

No, but I don't even need one to tell you that I doubt that the rodi water from the lfs is anything good. I don't have the money for an rodi unti right now.

ooo... deff change up from the LFS water and see if it makes a difference.

Too bad I just bought 5 gallons from them yesterday lol. I'll check out how much wal mart it. Does anyone know already? How much does one of those jugs cost?

• 3 weeks later...
scubasteve2580

can you battle it the sa,e way you battle cyano?? i havent run into this stuff yet but it looks like some nasty $hit. what about a couple of 50% water changes and when you change the water blast the rocks off real good with a baster. thats how i got my cyano issue under control. worked great and only took a few water changes 2 days apart. just an idea. might not work but you would sure have a clean tank :P

Archived