Top Shelf Aquatics

davidr2340's 34 Gallon Solana Upgrade...

davidr2340

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey David, I know you hung your light. So did I, Sunday night. What did you do with the extra wire? Cut it? Did you put a piece of metal where its cut? I tied mine around for now till I know WTF to do with it....Beer looks good :eek:

Nevermind, Just looked through your thread and followed the other thread. Now I know, glad I didnt cut it. Beer is still good. Thanks to this site my f ups have been limited. Thanks!

NanoReefNovice

Here's a phone pic of the brew today, a nice amber lager. :)

kettle-3.gif

Trust me, my homebrew system is MUCH smaller... 5 gal. ;)

Here is some of my unorganized homebrew crap

stuff.jpg

The all too important homebrew dispensing system, my keezer (aka kegerator made out of a freezer). :wub:

r.gif

Chalkboard art courtesy of my girl.

A fellow homebrewer...do you do extract or all grain? I constantly have 15g in 3 different carboys going...very partial to belgian brews. You can go to the store and buy (depending on where you live) 3.2-5.9 abv beer that tastes like crap or you can brew your own "real beer". I dont think I own a beer below 8.0abv and I average 9.5. I do have a Lord Fatbottom that had 18lbs of dme in a 5g batch. Total brew time 1 month in primary 11 months in secondary I look forward to cracking a bottle open in another year its abv is 13.5 approx.

I cant have one of those in my house, I wouldnt leave ;) Nice set up, sorta looks like illegal moonshining...lol

your allowed to brew like 150 gallons of beer for personal use per year.....you just cant sell it or its a federal offense. :D

Nevermind, Just looked through your thread and followed the other thread. Now I know, glad I didnt cut it. Beer is still good. Thanks to this site my f ups have been limited. Thanks!

Glad you didn't cut it too bro!

Love your "other" tank. I definitely couldn't ever have one of those. I'd never leave the house. Way too tempting.

Thanks!

A fellow homebrewer...do you do extract or all grain? I constantly have 15g in 3 different carboys going...very partial to belgian brews. You can go to the store and buy (depending on where you live) 3.2-5.9 abv beer that tastes like crap or you can brew your own "real beer". I dont think I own a beer below 8.0abv and I average 9.5. I do have a Lord Fatbottom that had 18lbs of dme in a 5g batch. Total brew time 1 month in primary 11 months in secondary I look forward to cracking a bottle open in another year its abv is 13.5 approx.

I still do extract... I try and have 2 5g batches going at a time, but it doesn't always work out that way!

I love high ABV beers as well... I'm also a huge hop head! The hoppier the better!!!

I have a Barley Wine conditioning now that should come in around 12-13%, if I can hold off from sneaking into it before it's time!!! :angry::haha:

:MOAR BEER:

Spiced Holiday Ale fermenting in the primary, with a blow off tube for the first day or two. I didn't need the blow off this time, but I had an "incident" a while back, so now I always use one! Switched to a airlock today. I normally ferment in the spare bathroom, but this time I'm using my office because I can control the temp in there better.

3-25-9012.jpg

3-25-9013.jpg

The Kegerator I made... Hold 2 five gallon kegs. Excuse the messy garage! -_-

3-25-9017.jpg

3-25-9020.jpg

:CHEERS:

:( looks like another hobby I won't have enough room for..... :tears:

BIGGAH HOUSE! :happydance:

Seriously, my place is tiny!!!

m'akoyPINOY

love to taste that brew,david!!!!

can't wait to see this tank up and runnning!

if i ever order a frags from you would you mind putting some of your brew in the package. fingerscrossed

love to taste that brew,david!!!!

can't wait to see this tank up and runnning!

if i ever order a frags from you would you mind putting some of your brew in the package. fingerscrossed

Thanks bro! I would love to send you some beer. The only thing is, I don't bottle it, so that makes it tough!!!

I've never shipped coral... But I have shipped beers!!! :lol: Beer swap anyone??? :D

On a side note... I went to get twenty gallons of water today for the new tank, but when I pull in the parking lot, I realized my LFS is closed on Thursdays!!!

omgomgomg

:haha:

NanoReefNovice
I went to get twenty gallons of water today for the new tank, but when I pull in the parking lot, I realized my LFS is closed on Thursdays!!!

NOOOO!!!!!!! :rant:

..... :tears:

NOOOO!!!!!!! :rant:

..... :tears:

:ninja:

3-28-9006.jpg

3-28-9002.jpg

Right Side...

3-28-9004.jpg

Left Side...

3-28-9005.jpg

That's all I have for now...

:BACKTOBEERTALK:

since you said back to beer... I've browsing the internet for DIY on an all grain setup and though I have never brewed my own I don't feel like starting off with extract. I mean I work in a medical laboratory I think I should be able to handle brewing...? I hope! LOL

And on a further note I just picked up a 4-pack of Sam Smith Imperial Stout! And I must say, YUM! I'm a sucker for dark beers, any suggestions on my next try? I saw one that looked good(~16 ABV), but at $9 a 12oz I had to pass. Maybe I'll brew something like that! Well back to my beer!

since you said back to beer... I've browsing the internet for DIY on an all grain setup and though I have never brewed my own I don't feel like starting off with extract. I mean I work in a medical laboratory I think I should be able to handle brewing...? I hope! LOL

And on a further note I just picked up a 4-pack of Sam Smith Imperial Stout! And I must say, YUM! I'm a sucker for dark beers, any suggestions on my next try? I saw one that looked good(~16 ABV), but at $9 a 12oz I had to pass. Maybe I'll brew something like that! Well back to my beer!

:happydance: Hope you find something great, and GET BREWING!!!

I've never had the SSIS, I'll have to try it!

Where are you located? I'm not really sure what to recommend? I love high ABV, and tons of hops!!!

3-29-9001.jpg

3-29-9002.jpg

3-29-9003.jpg

Sorry 'bout the glare... I think I have all the rock in there that I want...

Sure as hell wasn't as "ZEN" as I had hoped for. Oh well...

Archived