Pod Your Reef

davidr2340's 34 Gallon Solana Upgrade...

davidr2340

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cat is like....Dude, like, wheres da light already?? :lol:

Looks so nice and clean

fur now. :P

Damn cat is wunderin' WTH the food is... HE IZ HUGRAY!!! omgomgomg

Yes, clean for now... NO WAY IT WILL STAY THATAWAY!!!

NanoReefNovice
since you said back to beer... I've browsing the internet for DIY on an all grain setup and though I have never brewed my own I don't feel like starting off with extract.

Great book that the author was gracious enough to put online for free...

http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

The all grain section has some good advice of cheap DIY setups.

I mean I work in a medical laboratory I think I should be able to handle brewing...? I hope! LOL

You should love brewing! Micro biology, chemistry, hydro-dynamics, mathematics... Brewing is a learning process that never ends. There is no such thing as a brewMASTER. You can keep it really simple though, sugar water + yeast = beer! Or you can go in depth and learn all the details. its your choice. :)

And on a further note I just picked up a 4-pack of Sam Smith Imperial Stout! And I must say, YUM! I'm a sucker for dark beers, any suggestions on my next try? I saw one that looked good(~16 ABV), but at $9 a 12oz I had to pass. Maybe I'll brew something like that! Well back to my beer!

Have you tried Old Rasputin?

BTW stouts are great beginner beers to brew b/c the strong flavors hide off flavors, SO GET BREWIN! :lol:

Glad to see this bad boy wet....Ill keep poppin in from time to time....Good luck

Thanks bro... Now i just need to get something alive in it! :lol:

looking great man! when i move out of my apartment i will hang my sunpod, i just don't feel like doing it here for some reason lol

looking great man! when i move out of my apartment i will hang my sunpod, i just don't feel like doing it here for some reason lol

Thanks bro!

I wasn't going to hang mine, but I'm glad I did! I still haven't hung the actual light from it yet, but I think it'll look sweet!

HALP... omgomgomg

So tomorrow I'm going to set my hanging cable to the right height.

How high do you guys think I should have the 150 watt Sunpod off the tank... Keep in mind I have a bunch of SPS that will be about mid tank. I'm thinking I'll need it fairly close to the tank since it's only 150 watts...

Also, if anybody want to trade a 250 watt Sunpod for my 150 watt, that would just kick a lot of azz!!! :mellow: KTNXBY! ;)

Thanks in advance!

You should talk to Kimberly63.

She just got a great deal on a 250w MH pendant but is worried that it will be too strong for the tank she's setting up since it's only 12" tall.

She might actually be interested in trading.

You should talk to Kimberly63.

She just got a great deal on a 250w MH pendant but is worried that it will be too strong for the tank she's setting up since it's only 12" tall.

She might actually be interested in trading.

orly-ostrich1.jpg?t=1238813848

Thanks Weets!!! :flower:

You have some interesting looking rocks, there. Very porus. Don't worry about the shape that much, over time it will fill in so much you won't even be able to see the rocks, especially with SPS!

Not much going on with the tank. Waiting for cycle to come and go before I start transferring things.

In recent news: I Might be buying a 250 watt Sunpod from a generous member here for one helluva price! I think I'll be able to sell my 150 watt locally for enough to cover the costs of the new one!!! :happydance:

NanoReefNovice
Damn... Is it me, or are we the only two in this thread!!! omgomgomg

Once your tank is alive all the peeps will come out of the woodwork. ;):lol:

Archived