Top Shelf Aquatics

Kevin's Picotope

imkevin20

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
el fabuloso
That's cuz you had a Kenyi! I have 3, but they're all females. I guess I've never tried to mix mbunas with anything else, just Yellow labs and Kenyi females. I'd like to add a breeding quad of Rusties or socolofi's or something to the mix.

Probably. I had 4 kenyis, a couple of bumblees (crabro), 6 zebras, a couple of yellowtail acei, some auratus and some non-mbunas like peacocks, a school of rainbowfish as dither fish and an upside-down catfish. They were all cute when they were little and then they grew up into monsters. I probably could've started all over again with just peacocks or frontosas like I always wanted but at that point I was done and over it. <_<

the Astrea snail while good at cleaning rock and glass will soon turn to eating corals once it runs out of algae to eat. I've got them eating both zoas and acans of mine..

This. Some people feel really strongly against Asterina stars but these people are often few and far between. Just keep an eye on them.

Now we all know exactly where you live, you failed!

I'm so stealing your flip flops. :ninja:

Haha come try it fab!

This guy I waited on today had some REALLLLLLLYYY nice leather ones and we got to talking big time about flip flops, I kinda neglected all my other tables during this too haha. But he was very informative and I think i might end 2009 flip flop colllect with a pair like his.

so i had to end up taking a rock out to fit these new shrooms innnnn but here we go

waddupyo1.jpg

the goby is yet to be named, its the girls, she said she wanted to see it before giving him a name.... girls....

heyman1-1.jpg

i didnt order that guy, but they sent him anyways? guess its time to read up on porcelain crabs huh haha

and the ftsssss

fts-2.jpg

swerd.

el fabuloso

Oh! Did he say where he got them from? I have a nice leather one from Banana Republic. Leather flip flops are nice for dressing up. B)

the goby is yet to be named, its the girls, she said she wanted to see it before giving him a name.... girls....

:rolleyes:

haha no but i got his number to give him a call, he said he could get me a hook up with like 20% off if i called him directly about them. which ill do tomorrow. ill find out where he got them so i can post up here haha

yeahhhh if i had got cut earlier she was gonna come over and coulda done it tonight but naahhhh she didnt wanna wait til 11 haha.

shroom.jpg

lovin all the different colors and stuff on this rock :P

el fabuloso

Definitely let us know where it's from when you find out. Inquiring minds want to know!

As for those shrooms, the color combinations on those rocks are amazing! :o The blue goby is cute. I remember considering one before I got the damsel. Good choice!

yeah that rock was like 30$. DEFINATLY a steal imo. ive got a 24" t-5 light on top of it now, which looks dumb but the stock light just isnt cutting it anymore

so next mod will be a new light for sure. maybe a small coral with it tooooo.

and yes ill get more info on the flip flops! i shoulda asked tonight to get more ideas on pics and stuff, beleive me once you see them youll lay down the money for'em!

the way the guy talked i think they're local, like a custom shoe place in dallas did them and everything so im expecting to pay top dollar for these haha

The Stomatella snail= good

The Astrea Star= BAD

the Astrea snail while good at cleaning rock and glass will soon turn to eating corals once it runs out of algae to eat. I've got them eating both zoas and acans of mine..

get them out when you see them.

Dude, do you mean asternia star or astrea snail? I've never seen my astrea snails near corals, they rarely come off the glass in my tank. Asternia stars on the other hand i find everywhere, i enjoy knocking them off the glass as revenge for one i saw eating a baby zoa. But i think the trick to the pico is keeping it nice and natural, so long at the succession of the tank doesn't lead to an aiptasia tank!

im just gonna keep an eye on that star, see if anything weird goes down.

note: i did see him on the gsp, and since then the gsp hasnt made any effort to come out so he COULD be a culprit i dunno really, too soon to tell plus i havent seen him again on it.

i managed to score a number today at work in a pretty smooth way.

this girl and her family was there and her mom and dad were deaf, so i was having her teach me things like thank you and stuff to sign to them.

and i said, "now can you teach me how to sign 'i think your cute and want your number'?" and she laughed and signed it to me. so i said "yeah sure ill write it on the ticket for you"

i am now texting her :P

ill be hitting up the LFS monday for another possible candidate of coral too by the way. soooo WATCHOUT

im just gonna keep an eye on that star, see if anything weird goes down.

note: i did see him on the gsp, and since then the gsp hasnt made any effort to come out so he COULD be a culprit i dunno really, too soon to tell plus i havent seen him again on it.

i managed to score a number today at work in a pretty smooth way.

this girl and her family was there and her mom and dad were deaf, so i was having her teach me things like thank you and stuff to sign to them.

and i said, "now can you teach me how to sign 'i think your cute and want your number'?" and she laughed and signed it to me. so i said "yeah sure ill write it on the ticket for you"

i am now texting her :P

ill be hitting up the LFS monday for another possible candidate of coral too by the way. soooo WATCHOUT

Very smooth, now you'll be sweet hitting on deaf girls in the future.

I couldn't spot your GSP and thought you had maybe taken it out :S Hows the fish? Does he come out the front much? I get well irrate when i buy something and never see it again, like my conch i got the other day, it burried straight into the sand bed and rarely comes out, can only make out that its in the tank by the bump in the sand it makes. To be honest though he is keeping the sand nice and stirred, no cyano on the are where he dwells. Get some halloween crabs, they are the new sexies...

On a fashion note, I'm happy with my wal-mart crappy stuff. Generally boots, though I do rock flip flops every now and then.

I like the mushroom rock. I have to remove some of my rock to fit a mushroom rock I got for 5 bucks. How much did yours run you? Out of curiousity.

edit: how many times can YOU say rock in 5 sentences or less? Money.

the gsp seems to be coming out, so i hope it'll return to its former glory lol

some clothing updatessss

you guys are gonna hate me for this, but yeah. ANOTHER pair of flip flops :P

flrosps.jpg

new watch, and a new wallet :)

asceess.jpg

and some new shorts to match the wallet lol

sharts.jpg

yayayayayaordering more online now

What kinda watch? I like the simple face on it.

I think both the watch and wallet are fossil, i maybe wrong though.

i got the stencil with my skullcandy headphones so i just taped off the front of it and gave it a good shot of purple spraypaint :P

i got the stencil with my skullcandy headphones so i just taped off the front of it and gave it a good shot of purple spraypaint :P

Is it purple and silver glitter paint? It looks sparkly in the pic, at least to me anyway. I'm gutted, my 3' long plans are out the window, my grand dad wants the tank back for his koi, i don't know why, i'm pretty sure his koi are too large to put in it, but he said he thinks his pond has cracked so i think it wants to use the tank as a holding pen for them. he's not all there, i know he has a small pond in the shed that i could assemble for him. I'm going to go see what hisproblem is tomorrow morning. Try and keep the 3' for myself :)

Archived