Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kevin's Picotope

imkevin20

i think fab's idea for the ring is the best place to take it, i wouldnt want someone else to have to deal with this rings curse hahaha

i might try and pawn it actually, i paid a good 350 for it i might as well get SOMETHING back, its white gold with a pretty nice diamond in it.

AS FOR THE PICO

if i pawn my ring, ima go get some more shrooms for this bad boy. MAYBE a ycg too

oh and congrats on modship fab

Mate its all about the shrooms. Mine is looking awesome its turning itself around as it gets bigger.

I think pawn it may as well get value rather than give it back to the earth from where it once came. I may get a ric today. My uncle is ill so stayed at ours last night, so my dad has taken the day off to take him out for a bit, so i can get a lift to the lfs! Man i need to take my test soon so i can drive myself. I dreamt about my pico last night, it looks effing good in the future...anybody else ever had a dream in which their pico has featured?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't toss it into that pit o' Lord of the Rings... go pawn that ish. And then do what yer plan is... buy some stuff for the tank. And then keep mackin' on that trainer of yours. Problems = solved.

Advice is free. You're welcome.

Hahaha. :lol::P

Don't toss it into that pit o' Lord of the Rings... go pawn that ish. And then do what yer plan is... buy some stuff for the tank. And then keep mackin' on that trainer of yours. Problems = solved.

Advice is free. You're welcome.

Hahaha. :lol::P

hahah word mate!

she wasnt there today but i met the other girl they hired, and i must say. WOW! :o i believe in love at first site, and it happens allllllll the time! but as i was flirting she said she has a bf. not really a problem considering my incredibly stunning way of words, style, and good looks, but it does slow me down a bit :P hahaha

too bad im gonna have to use the money from the ring to pay bills, i was supposed to get my last check from my last job today but i dont get it til next week :(

edit:

they offered 35$ on it, they put it through a personality test and it told them who the person was who had worn it so it dropped in value alot :P hahaha

edit:

they offered 35$ on it, they put it through a personality test and it told them who the person was who had worn it so it dropped in value alot :P hahaha

Jokes! I don't know if your fond, but there is new south park. I'm well keen for southpark, watch it online so i can get it at us release but this new episode slipped online quietly i hadn't heard there was a new series yet. My weekend got better after the new kit today it was topped with this! I love the weekends! Hows the new job going? How's the tank too?

Jokes! I don't know if your fond, but there is new south park. I'm well keen for southpark, watch it online so i can get it at us release but this new episode slipped online quietly i hadn't heard there was a new series yet. My weekend got better after the new kit today it was topped with this! I love the weekends! Hows the new job going? How's the tank too?

the job is so far stellar, although ive been late the last 2 days i doubt theyve enjoyed that and they told me i cant have the "scruffy" non shaven look. which isnt a big deal im just lazy haha

but the girls makes for a nice view all day :wub:

the tanks looking even better, the mushrooms are getting bigger :P although i noticed an aiptasia popping up too so ima have to take him out asap.

the job is so far stellar, although ive been late the last 2 days i doubt theyve enjoyed that and they told me i cant have the "scruffy" non shaven look. which isnt a big deal im just lazy haha

but the girls makes for a nice view all day :wub:

the tanks looking even better, the mushrooms are getting bigger :P although i noticed an aiptasia popping up too so ima have to take him out asap.

How you going to get the aiptasia? I have about 5 in the tank now, all small but i am pretty sure they are aiptasia, i read about using a hyperdermic needle and injectingt them with lemon juice. Seems like a good natural way, just concerned about adding acid to the system. Apparently the remains of the aiptasia were rapidly munched up. I think i read this on about.com or what ever it is.

im probably just gonna throw a pep. shrimp in there, lettem eat it and take it back to the store.

hes super small and its just the one so he wont be a problem right away, but i wanna get him taken care asap anways

No lfs near me stock peps. I know of an online store that stocks them but i think the shrimp is probs a bit too delicate for shipping. I may ask my lfs to see if they can get one in for me.

No lfs near me stock peps. I know of an online store that stocks them but i think the shrimp is probs a bit too delicate for shipping. I may ask my lfs to see if they can get one in for me.

yeah, last month my lfs had a "war on aiptasia" month where they had TONS of pep shrimp and stuff for cheap.

im in sketchup right now working on how ima set my 15g back up as an AIO tank :P

Nerd. :P

haha shut up :P im off work and have nothing better to do today

and here we have it:

tank4.png

tank3.png

tank2.png

tank1-1.png

thinking about going and getting the acrylic now but im not sure.

btw should i raise the baffles up higher on it?

fastandsneaky

Really cool design. Not sure but I think you want the first baffle raised so that the water flow goes through the chaeto, If your making it into a fuge anyways. GL

yeah, ill raise the first baffle up some then.

thanks cliff!

i get off training tuesday so the $$$ will start flowing back in so i can add more corals soon!

haha shut up :P im off work and have nothing better to do today

and here we have it:

tank4.png

tank3.png

tank2.png

tank1-1.png

thinking about going and getting the acrylic now but im not sure.

btw should i raise the baffles up higher on it?

What program did you run to sketch that? I wouldn't mind using something like that to plan my 20g long and to plan my bedroom. The more professional i make it look the more likely it will get sorted quicker. Is there any need to add another baffle to create a bubble trap? Just thinking out loud. On my 20g I'm thinking of using baffles to run a kind of waterfall that snakes from the overflow to the pump running over and under baffles through carbon, cheato, nano skimmer to the return pump. I helped somebody over the weekend to move and things went wrong and it took an extra day, so my uncle has offered me some live rock to set up the 20g when i want it which is awesome.

i used google sketchup, its free and you can get it from google. real easy to use (that was my first thing ive done in it) lol

Miami Reefer

that setup looks really good. I would just raise the first baffle so that the water flows though the whole thing and hopefully you wont get any bubbles when the water flows over the second baffle.

that setup looks really good. I would just raise the first baffle so that the water flows though the whole thing and hopefully you wont get any bubbles when the water flows over the second baffle.

thanks, ill do that when i actually get around to working on it :P

I am not a DIY but I think most of the baffle's I have seen have 3. 1st one down, second up and 3 down. Just saying incase you want to check around before you start. Looks like a fun project, good luck.

Can't believe how easy sketchup is, just finished my bedroom plans. Is their a way for it to show measurements? I can't seem to find stuff like that. Getting the new bed tomorrow, then i can use the old cabinet of my bed for the first part of my 3foot tank stand. Going to move the pico stuff to that i think, but i will make sure the 3' matures for a month without livestock just rock. Might try get a bulk load of rock on ebay.

not sure how to do the measurements in sketchup, you can i just dunno how lol.

swerhnue9ghy45ohwrn gnwr7 tnuihfdsuibjkhiugii

my gsp has been acting kinda funky lately and i noticed this morning the mat was very pale and almost white in some areas. i moved the powerhead around a little to get some more flow on it, hopefully that helps :(

not sure how to do the measurements in sketchup, you can i just dunno how lol.

swerhnue9ghy45ohwrn gnwr7 tnuihfdsuibjkhiugii

my gsp has been acting kinda funky lately and i noticed this morning the mat was very pale and almost white in some areas. i moved the powerhead around a little to get some more flow on it, hopefully that helps :(

Mine has white dots, i assumed this was where the new stalks are growing, not sure if it is what i think it is. Def no white areas that aren't looking like nodules forming :S Mine was probs looking the best it has since i got it. Taken a few days to settle in.

Mine has white dots, i assumed this was where the new stalks are growing, not sure if it is what i think it is. Def no white areas that aren't looking like nodules forming :S Mine was probs looking the best it has since i got it. Taken a few days to settle in.

with the added flow on it it seems to responding well to that. hopefully its nothing serious :P

with the added flow on it it seems to responding well to that. hopefully its nothing serious :P

They seem to be the most sensitive thing i have put into the tank so far, they seem to be growing a bit but not fully opening. I am hoping that the lack of some of the outer most polyps is due to them developing still.

Edit: 20/03/2009

Its flip flop weather in the uk! Probs not the best choice of footwear for my tasks today, got to move stuff into the loft. Flip flops aren't too great with ladders i'm finding!

Archived