Top Shelf Aquatics

PSYS 3-Gal. Picotope

PSYS

Some updated photos of my frags... all photos were taken, like, 5 minutes ago. :)

* AC70 fuge mod with my new submersible lights from InTank *

019.jpg

* from left to right... Goochsters, 2nd from left... no idea., 3rd from left... these haven't opened up much at all so I've no idea what they are... 4th on the end, possible Toxic Dragon Eyes? * The three on the end are all of the frags I bought last weekend. And I'm not even sure the guy I bought them from knew what in the heck they were. He mentioned Toxic Dragon Eyes or some weird name like that so who knows...??? Hahaha.

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank is coming along nicely! Sticking with the stock light for now?

Loving this one:

Thanks, you guys!!

Stickin' with the stock light for now... I'm definitely going to upgrade it eventually, but I've honestly not been in a hurry to do so at all. I really feel like I'm having more than enough fun right now with the hobby and the way my tank is progressing. But yes, upgrade will be forthcoming. :D

Nice stuff, the funny thing with me is that I have access to more sps than zoanthids so Im thinkin bought getin metal halides for the 24 and going in that direction.

Nice stuff, the funny thing with me is that I have access to more sps than zoanthids so Im thinkin bought getin metal halides for the 24 and going in that direction.

Yeah, there's a lot of guys in the club here who seem to have SPS only... or SPS dominated tanks. And I love SPS... but I do like the zoas now that I've got them. My head spins when I think about all of the different color morphs. :happy:

Great frags. I love that you are sticking with the stock light for now.

Thanks so much for checking out my thread!! :happy:

I know over time I'll feel the need to upgrade the lighting... but it just isn't an added expense I need. I'm having a lot of fun just meeting new people in the hobby and looking at other people's tanks... and collecting frags that I know the stock picotope light can accomodate. I don't want to do things too quickly and while I know I could run out and buy the infamous Current 2x18W fixture... it just isn't a necessity. ;)

I'm learning half the fun is just sitting back and watching my tank grow and... I'm enjoying that. If you spend all of the extra time worrying about what you think you NEED... what fun is that? :)

I hope everyone is having a great night.

Sheeesh, is it Friday yet?! :angry:

el fabuloso

That's a really good approach and attitude towards the hobby and those zoas are looking great! I never did get into zoas. Maybe if my first zoa frags didn't get eaten by killer pods I would've taken a different route but unfortunately that wasn't the case so I got into other things instead. I can't wait to see your zoa garden come together. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates.

1.) Last weekend I was supposed to hook up with a different fellow reefer but plans fell through at the last minute on their part. Bleh.

2.) I'm sick at home today. I felt like crap at work yesterday and now today, I feel even worse. :( I have an awful cold. My head feels like it's enormous and I have a headache, my nose is stuffed up, I keep sneezing and coughing, my throat is sore and I even had a fever earlier. Now somebody bring me some chicken noodle soup and some frags to make me feel better... I said, now dammit! :D Just kidding... sort of.

My pico is doing great. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Cool?? I know the photos are a little redundant but each shot is a little more unique than the next. ...enjoy your day, everyone! :)

007-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

*my sickly green-striped 'shroom is looking SO much better now that I secured him in place *

005-5.jpg

004-11.jpg

003-8.jpg

001-17.jpg

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

002-10.jpg

006-7.jpg

004-12.jpg

Nice collection you've got going there! I love the zoas with the pink in the middle! Looks like your tank is coming along nicely. I agree with your pico strategy, worry about stuff you don't have isn't fun. Taking it slow isn't bad at all. It's really exciting when you noticed some new polyps, or that you have some new baby snails. I love watching mine grow as well.

hope you're feeling better! If I lived closer i'd bring you soup and maybe a frag :-P Though you have nicer zoas then I do hehe.

Thanks Deb and Aeridne... :)

I really appreciate it. I'm home, yet again today. Only today, I'm feeling a little worse... again. I have that weird light-headed/dizzy feeling now that associates with being sick. I'm taking Advil: Cold & Flu and it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot. I think I may need to let it run its course, I guess.

Bleh. :(

Thanks for commenting. I hope you guys have a good weekend!

Doesn't sound like your doing too good over there, hopefully this is the worst of it and you can enjoy your weekend. Also, might be a good strategy keeping with the stock lighting while you populate your tank. I upgraded my light and still have barely anything in it but my electric bill just went up about 30 bucks! so, pretty smart keeping that light to a minimum until you really need it.

Hope you feel better!!!

The tank is coming along so nicely, I hope you feel better. Take some vitamin C, lots of fluids and I take Claritan it really helps me out.

Just think of it this way you have all day to relax and watch the tank. :) Feel better.

el fabuloso

You too! Going crazy with the zoas. <_<

Sorry to hear you're sick! That was me a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't fun at all. I felt like I was going to die. :(

Get yourself some antibiotics if you can, it will cut that thing short and stop you from your misery.

You guys are the best... :) Thanks!!

My girlfriend went out and bought me some chicken noodle soup. It was YUM! Of course, my nose is so stuffed up - I couldn't really taste much of anything. But it still made my throat feel better. ugh. I'm chugging the Vitamin C and I've been taking my multi-vitamin, as well. I'm also on Advil: Cold&Flu and then my girlfriend brought me home some Mucinex. It does seem to be loosening things up but I have that weird light headed / dizzy kinda feeling that just completely sucks. Bleh.

Oh my gosh, you guys... my mushroom looks really good today! He's all flattened out and nice 'n big. I'd say his flesh is about the size of a quarter. Looks much better than when I first got him acclimated to my tank. :)

I hope I'm feeling better by tomorrow. It'd be nice to not have the entire weekend ruined 'cuz of this stupid cold/flu thing.

Thats good to hear about your mushroom. Hopefully you feel better tomorrow so you can get some more frags :P

I'm definitely feeling much better than I have. Nowhere near 100%... but better, nonetheless.

AND... I got a new frag today.

Photos are forthcoming. Just gotta acclimate the little frag... :D:P:)

* UPDATE *

I gave my hermit crab a little piece of nori yesterday. Well, it seemed like it was a little piece, anyway. But once he got it into his mitts, he fell over on his back and just start eating away like there was no tomorrow. My Margarita Snail got word of the feast and made his way over evenutally, but my hermit crab got most of it. It was hilarious just to watch him devour this piece of nori. He was so happy!!

001-19.jpg

Made the trek up to Green Bay this afternoon with my girlfriend to the only LFS in a 50-Mile radius with decent corals and got a frag of these. I'm pretty sure they're Eagle Eyes...?? Not positive though. It's probably the best guess I can make after looking at CoralPedia...

I really think I want some blue/purple in my tank next. Or maybe some bright red. I gotta add some "punch" to my tank. I gotta get it poppin'. :happy:B)

002-11.jpg

003-9.jpg

Great pics, i love the snail feast. I've currently had a bit of a cyano problem, so i've had ceriths enjoying their tea of slime off astrea snail shells, had one astrea eating on the glass with two ceriths on its back, wish i had my phone on me at the time!

Archived