Cultivated Reef

PSYS 3-Gal. Picotope

PSYS

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
addicted2reefer

Yeah um , I am gonna agree last update was april 24th and we just ended May. Everything good in your world PSYS?

Maybe , while he was cleaning ,he fell in his PICO and and he cant get out, someone should stop by and check up on him...

Anyone have his email or other contact info? I hope he didn't forget about us :( I want to know how that tank was doing. It was one of the biggest inspirations I had for setting up my tank.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Miss me...? ;)

I don't even know where to begin. I feel horrible because I completely abandoned this place after all of you helped me so much!

I lost my pictope about a year and a half ago. I was too embarassed at the time to log on and share the story with all of you. Anywho, if you guys (and girls) recall - I had my pictope sitting on our kitchen counter in our tiny studio apt. at the time. Got home from work one night and started unloading our dishwasher. (I hate that job, don't you?) The picotope sat under one of the kitchen cabinets that holds our soup bowls, dinner plates, etc, etc.

So while unloading the dishwasher one night, I was putting a couple of bowls back up in the cupboard and one of them slipped out of my hand. See where I'm going with this? It was inevitable. The bowl smacked the front edge of the picotope square. The bowl shattered and the glass on the picotope cracked from edge to edge. I quickly got ahold of one of the guys in my local reef club and he bought my livestock to prevent it from dying... been a while since I've talked to him, but last I saw in an e-mail he sent me - everything is still doing well except my packer zoas.

Anyway, I logged back on because my wife (got married in August) and I are going to be moving in March 2012 and I'm thinking about starting another nano when we get to our new place. :)

hit me up here on NR or e-mail me! sorry I neglected to keep in touch, everyone. :(

Man that would suck. That should be reason enough not to have to do the dishes ever again. It would bring back way too many bad memories. Sorry to hear about the tank, can't wait to see what you set up next. Welcome back.

cool to have you back. cant wait to see what you build!!

Thanks, guys... to make matters worse, I changed my e-mail address somewhere along the way. This prevented me from getting any PM's or notifications from the forum, but I've got everything updated now.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holiday season!

Mr. Microscope

Sad story, but I'm glad you shared it. We're all learning here. Good luck with your future nano and congratulations on the marriage!

I think that's awesome that this thread has been in active for years and people still remember it. it's like me with that mangrove bonsai tank. I'll never forget it.

Archived