Cultivated Reef

PSYS 3-Gal. Picotope

PSYS

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a couple of goodies for my tank last night on the way home from work. Stopped off at a local reefer's house and picked up a couple of new frags. :)

They're SO sweet. B)

Pics are forthcoming. I promise.

Did my normal routine tank maintenance earlier this morning and mounted a couple of frags on my live rock. I found a couple of nook and crannies that allowed them to fit perfectly. I just slapped a little epoxy under the frags and wedged them in the rock... so they're staying put now in those locations.

I got two new frags a couple of nights ago... and two more new frags this morning. Everyone in the tank is pretty grouchy for the most part right now. I did the water change this morning and then moved a few things around and stirred some things up... and yeah, everyone for the most part isn't really a happy camper.

But here's some pics:

* got these really big bright green polyps. Not sure what they are but my Margarita Snail loves hanging out on the frag disc. :angry: They get enormous when the snail isn't climbin' all over them.

001-20.jpg

006-8.jpg

* these are insane. the shade of green is almost fluorescent. no idea what they are but they're way brighter than anything else I have in my pico right now. *

002-12.jpg

003-10.jpg

009-3.jpg

* got this new mushroom earlier this morning. it's still really grouchy. But it's SO bright. I love the coloring and pattern on it!! *

015-2.jpg

012.jpg

* got these new zoas, too. they haven't really opened up yet. I got these from the same couple I got the mushroom from. anyone wanna guess what they are...? :D

013-1.jpg

* FTS... before adding the 'shroom and unopened zoas. :) *

004-13.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Lookin' good! I have those same "eagle eyes" and vibrant green zoas! I just love them too, especially under pure blue light. That striped mishroom looks pretty sweet! I agree with Gerber that you should get a ric, they have awesome ones on that site.

Looking good! I love that new mushroom.

Hey! Thanks! I really appreciate it... still looks a little grumpy but I think I've finally got him where I want him.

Hey! Thanks! I really appreciate it... still looks a little grumpy but I think I've finally got him where I want him.

Once he opens up he'll look BA in that corner.

Awesome. Great colors!

Thanks!! I gotta get some blue / purple combos in there. ;)

Once he opens up he'll look BA in that corner.

Great minds think alike. ;)

Once he flattens out a bit and starts looking a little happier... it'll look sweet.

pretty sure my zoa frag is the same super bright green one. Will try to take a shot or two tonight.

Your tank looks great man!

Just dropping by to check things out man. Looking great! I like the new editions. B)

Thanks for checking out my thread!! :)

Did my normal routine tank maintenance earlier this morning and mounted a couple of frags on my live rock. I found a couple of nook and crannies that allowed them to fit perfectly. I just slapped a little epoxy under the frags and wedged them in the rock... so they're staying put now in those locations.

I got two new frags a couple of nights ago... and two more new frags this morning. Everyone in the tank is pretty grouchy for the most part right now. I did the water change this morning and then moved a few things around and stirred some things up... and yeah, everyone for the most part isn't really a happy camper.

But here's some pics:

* got these really big bright green polyps. Not sure what they are but my Margarita Snail loves hanging out on the frag disc. :angry: They get enormous when the snail isn't climbin' all over them.

001-20.jpg

006-8.jpg

* these are insane. the shade of green is almost fluorescent. no idea what they are but they're way brighter than anything else I have in my pico right now. *

002-12.jpg

003-10.jpg

009-3.jpg

* got this new mushroom earlier this morning. it's still really grouchy. But it's SO bright. I love the coloring and pattern on it!! *

015-2.jpg

012.jpg

* got these new zoas, too. they haven't really opened up yet. I got these from the same couple I got the mushroom from. anyone wanna guess what they are...? :D

013-1.jpg

* FTS... before adding the 'shroom and unopened zoas. :) *

004-13.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

My polyps look like that under actinic lighting and they grow quickly, maybe a head or two per week i fragged them and swapped them for a few trays of frozen food for my trop tank, i get through a tray and half a week of blood worm, and a good few handfuls of dry food too.

OK. I saw this guy last night on my substrate hiding behind the mushroom in my tank. He is FAST! The light scared him away and just now... I happened to be looking at the tank and he is on the front glass! I've NEVER seen him before and it isn't a snail I purchased!!

What is it??

It has really long antennae... the shell on its back is sort of smooth and elongated. Difficult to describe and I couldn't get a good photo of the shell.

He's happy chowing down on any algae he finds on the glass so I'm not going to remove him... unless someone thinks it's harmful. I just find it cool that my tank has been established for a couple of months now... and I'm still finding new lifeforms. :)

001-22.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-12.jpg

004-15.jpg

FallenMonkey
OK. I saw this guy last night on my substrate hiding behind the mushroom in my tank. He is FAST! The light scared him away and just now... I happened to be looking at the tank and he is on the front glass! I've NEVER seen him before and it isn't a snail I purchased!!

What is it??

It has really long antennae... the shell on its back is sort of smooth and elongated. Difficult to describe and I couldn't get a good photo of the shell.

He's happy chowing down on any algae he finds on the glass so I'm not going to remove him... unless someone thinks it's harmful. I just find it cool that my tank has been established for a couple of months now... and I'm still finding new lifeforms. :)

I believe its a stomatella snail, good algae eater and harmless. Also breed like rabbits.

I believe its a stomatella snail, good algae eater and harmless. Also breed like rabbits.

Yeah, that seems to be opinion of everyone. I did a search and he definitely looks like a stomatella. :) yay! He hasn't stopped eating since I've located him. :blink:

im likin the green zoas

Thanks!! :)

They're definitely one of my favorite frags... thanks for checking out my thread!!

1.) Local reef club meeting this Saturday means I'm coming home with new frags... yay!! :)

2.) I split the shipping with a local reef club member from LiveAquaria and finally ordered a fish for my pico... I'm driving up to Green Bay to pick it up tonight. yay!! :)

3.) My Green Bay Packer zoas have at least five new polyps sprouting up next to the frag... yay! :)

4.) My Goochsters have two new baby polyps that have started... yay! :)

5.) I've discovered now not one... but two new Stomatella Snails in my tank... yay! :)

6.) My chaeto is finally beginning to grow like crazy... yay! :)

Drove all the way up to Green Bay last night which is a solid 45 minute drive from Oshkosh to pick up my fish for my pico!! :happy: I ordered him with another member of my local reef club and we split the shipping costs from LiveAquaria. The little guy was so scared in his plastic bag... but I got him home and got him acclimated.

I can already tell he's going to be king of the pico... he's still very scared and somewhat skittish, but I expect that will wear off by the end of the day. <_<

I'll have fresh new pics for you guys tonight or tomorrow. :)

In other news, I am going to my very first local reef club meeting on Saturday afternoon and I am pumped!! I'll see if I can bring a camera along and take some pics of the guy's tank who is hosting the meeting. I believe he has a 125-gal. reef and a 125-gal. sump/refugium/frag tank. :o

And to make matters even better, I'm getting ** at least ** five... yes, FIVE brand new frags this weekend at the meeting. I am so fricken excited!! :happy:

In other news, a friend of mine who used to be on a local VW forum in Minneapolis when I lived there actually found me on this forum because he's thinkin' about setting up a saltwater tank of his own. And I've not talked to him in forever. Small world, huh? What up, OMNI! B)

Oh, and I also think that I have so many copepods and other various pods crawling around in my tank that I swear I'm not gonna hafta feed my fish for a month. Maybe longer. He's so much natural live food in that tank, he's gonna be fat and happy before he even realizes it. :lol: If I shine a flastlight on my sandbed at night after the lights have been out for awhile... I swear, it looks as though the sandbed is actually moving. :scarry: It scares me!!

Happy Friday, everyone!!

In other news, a friend of mine who used to be on a local VW forum in Minneapolis when I lived there actually found me on this forum because he's thinkin' about setting up a saltwater tank of his own. And I've not talked to him in forever. Small world, huh? What up, OMNI! B)

Haha, small world! everything looks awesome Scott! I can't wait to see pics of the new fish! I think I'm gonna order my pico tank in the next day or two here!

btw, I dropped 'omni' (when I got outta the vw/car scene) and go by 'Aberrix' now ;)

Josh

Archived