ReefCleaners.org

DHaut's DIY Custom Build! NEW STAND PICS!

Deleted User 6

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6
You mean that i have to what till Monday?!?!

haha - if I get my new light today I'll install it and add some pics. The only thing that's changed so far is adding a skimmer to the fuge...not all that interesting really.

Yay, that's my old light!!!!

You should get awesome color and growth under that bulb, I hope you're really happy with it.

I couldn't tell from the pics, what exactly did you rig up to hold it up over the tank?

Deleted User 6
Yay, that's my old light!!!!

You should get awesome color and growth under that bulb, I hope you're really happy with it.

I couldn't tell from the pics, what exactly did you rig up to hold it up over the tank?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2089664

Same wooden canopy that I used before. Drilled holes all in the top to let heat out. If heat becomes a problem for the canopy, I'll figure out something else. I'm also going to get some azoo fans for the back of the display tank.

I would def suggest pointing a fan across the surface of your water or under the light to help dissipate heat, it used to be an issue for me.

Do you like the look of this better than your old 70w?

Deleted User 6
I would def suggest pointing a fan across the surface of your water or under the light to help dissipate heat, it used to be an issue for me.

Do you like the look of this better than your old 70w?

yeah, it's 100x better than the old bulb. The 70w is a good setup, but I think this is going to be a much better fit for my tank.

yeah, it's 100x better than the old bulb. The 70w is a good setup, but I think this is going to be a much better fit for my tank.

Cool, I'm glad you're happy.

As long as you can deal with the heat issues, I think you will continue to be happy with it.

That really looks good! Holes in the top of the hood will help with the heat but I agree with Weetie about the fans. I would put 1 on each side of the leg supports if there is enough room. One blowing in & one blowing out to draw out the heat.

Deleted User 6

Just a thought - I don't run the risk of setting fire to the wooden canopy with this light do I? It won't get that hot, right?

Just a thought - I don't run the risk of setting fire to the wooden canopy with this light do I? It won't get that hot, right?

Not unless you have it right up against the wood. It was in a wooden hood. I am uploading a picture now. The longer bolts were to give it space between the light housing & the wood. This was over her 5g tank.

IMG_1135.jpg

I got a ywgoby a few months before I got a tiger pistol shrimp. For the first few hours the pistol shrimp hid under a rock, but by the next morning the goby and shrimp were paired. The pistol always has his long antennae touching part of the goby while he/she shovels sand from various rooms they have created around the tank. I guess I'm just saying they don't have to be mated already...it will most likely happen eventually.

nice plumbing job by the way...been lurking for a while and I'll follow til the end.

Deleted User 6
I got a ywgoby a few months before I got a tiger pistol shrimp. For the first few hours the pistol shrimp hid under a rock, but by the next morning the goby and shrimp were paired. The pistol always has his long antennae touching part of the goby while he/she shovels sand from various rooms they have created around the tank. I guess I'm just saying they don't have to be mated already...it will most likely happen eventually.

nice plumbing job by the way...been lurking for a while and I'll follow til the end.

Hey Welcome! Cool story about your pair!

Hey Welcome! Cool story about your pair!

Thanks! It's nice to finally participate. I have a 40 breeder in storage that I intend to build in the spring so I'll create a thread.

I highly recommend the Goby/Pistol symbiotic relationship in the tank...it's a lot of fun to watch.

Deleted User 6
Thanks! It's nice to finally participate. I have a 40 breeder in storage that I intend to build in the spring so I'll create a thread.

I highly recommend the Goby/Pistol symbiotic relationship in the tank...it's a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about getting to see it first hand.

In other news, I ordered 11 lbs. LR and 3 lbs. LS from sealifeinc! It's due next Tuesday!

Also, if anyone has any ideas for dosing for alk/pH and Calcium, let me know. I can't get my alk constant.

I think things will stabilized after some time you have no corals or any thing in the tank causing the calc or alk so just give it some more time first.

Atlantis Reef

wow looking good new light is BRIGHT!!! Still haven't decide what I want to build for a nano yet but it will be soon.

Don't dose anything yet, your tank is still way young. Get all your rock and sand in there and then leave it alone for a couple months or more (aside from waterchanges).

Deleted User 6
Don't dose anything yet, your tank is still way young. Get all your rock and sand in there and then leave it alone for a couple months or more (aside from waterchanges).

Will do. Thanks.

Archived