Innovative Marine Aquariums

TKIY's 20g Shallow Kitchen Tank

TheKingInYellow

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKingInYellow

Confirmed that the TDS meter is in stock. God I hope that big brute full is at 5ppm or less... I'll post pics of the painted tank and my RO setup so that I can prove that progress is being made.

As for Slurpees, you are talking to someone from the Slurpee capital of the world (for real). We always have time for Slurpees.

TheKingInYellow

Got a busy night, but will do.

Need to head home, head back out, get the TDS meter, get back home, play/feed/bathe/put down my daughter (wife's out tonight) and then take pics. PINKIE SWEAR!

TheKingInYellow

Got the TDS meter. Checked the brute full o' water... 0ppm! JOY!

And as promised PICS. Boring ones, but I need to keep you all hooked.

I call this composition 'DIS WATER IS FOR REAL THE BOMBZ, YO!'

rodi-0.jpg

This picture includes my RO/DI brute, the bucket o' rock and my bucket o' salt. I call it 'BUCKETS, NOT BOMBS, LOVE LOVE LOVE'

mixing-0.jpg

Finally, the painted back of the tank. This simple, yet effective piece is titled 'PURR LIKE A WALRUS'

backpaint-0.jpg

TheKingInYellow
Looks awesome, cant wait to see you fill it

It better be on Saturday otherwise I'mma gonna pop a cap in my own ass.

Also, that RO unit was a real #####, if I may say so. One elbow fitting had an invisible hairline crack which sprayed water everywhere, one was not seater properly which sprayed water everywhere, and the carbon block canister had an improperly seated seal, which dripped water everywhere.

I'm going to take that bugger down and paint those bare gypsum walls with some Killz as soon as I can...

TheKingInYellow
Looks like progress. :D

Yeah, something like that.

Ok Saturday!

If not I bettah here some poppin' goin' off

or we can pull over and I can pop a cap in your ass :ninja:

I think my 3 year old will freak out if she can't 'put the special rock in the kitchen tank' on Saturday.

I wanted to go look at a new car on Saturday too... Another busy weekend ahead :D

Amusing note, a MAG7 is a hell of a big pump for mixing saltwater. WOOOOOOOSH.

It better be on Saturday otherwise I'mma gonna pop a cap in my own ass.

Also, that RO unit was a real #####, if I may say so. One elbow fitting had an invisible hairline crack which sprayed water everywhere, one was not seater properly which sprayed water everywhere, and the carbon block canister had an improperly seated seal, which dripped water everywhere.

I'm going to take that bugger down and paint those bare gypsum walls with some Killz as soon as I can...

You go and put a water treatment system on a wall that isn't even primed? *Waves from short bus.*

TheKingInYellow

To be fair, this RO unit wasn't supposed to be hooked up until the 120g was going. Hooking it up for the 20g was sort of a recent change of plans.

Besides, that's the laundry room. Who cares if the gypsum gets a little dingy.

TheKingInYellow

LOOK WHO'S BACK WITH THE FUNKY FRESH SHOW, YEAH!!!

PICS BISH. :angry::)

Ask and you shall receive, BISH!

Got some saaaaaand....

sandin-0.jpg

(ignore the pink foam, it will be covered by a painte black moulding trim that I am gonna build)

Got some flooooow....

koralias-0.jpg

Got some mad scaaaaaaape....

aquascape-0.jpg

Totally maaaaad.....

aquascape2-0.jpg

Got me a saaaaaaandstooooorm.....

sandstorm-1.jpg

Things still to do: Install the nano cleaner (still waiting for my Chemipure and for the silicone on the gutter guard to cure), mitre and glue and paint the trim for the bottom, and then sort out my temps. Apparently, I had my S/W mixing at about 82 degrees. Ooops.

So, how you like me now?!

TheKingInYellow

Some of the rock on the front right might move around a bit. I'm leaving some space there for a frogspawn or hammer. The back right needs to stay clear so that I can run the nano cleaner.

Oh I like you, yes I do.

I was going along enjoying all the "Compositions" 'n stuff and then WHAM-O, you pulled out all the stops!!!!

I really like the rock you have in there, very nice.

What is this "Nano-Cleaner" you speak of?

I'm confuzzled on that one.

Also, can we change the music?

Klaxons are all well and good, but I need something different.

TheKingInYellow
Oh I like you, yes I do.

I was going along enjoying all the "Compositions" 'n stuff and then WHAM-O, you pulled out all the stops!!!!

I really like the rock you have in there, very nice.

The base rock is semi-live, and the real live stuff is all Walt Smith Fiji that was pulled from a 180g that a local guy is shutting down. No sign of his Aiptasia that I know is in there somewhere. I hope three weeks of cooking with one good scrub with a hard bristled brush was enough to wipe it out. I'll probably add a peppermint shrimp anyhow, just in case.

What is this "Nano-Cleaner" you speak of?

I'm confuzzled on that one.

Tunze Nano Cleaner. Basically an internal overflow box/surface skimmer with an adjustable pump at the bottom and a large media chamber. It will contain a layer of filter floss, and ChemiPure Elite on the bottom. I took of the weird 'shelf' thing and siliconed some gutter guard on instead. Ill take a pic once it's cured. For now, I'll just run floss though.

Also, can we change the music?

Klaxons are all well and good, but I need something different.

Hmm, Silversun Pickups are next in the shuffle. Any requests though?

edit: 5,600 views on this thread. You people need to get out more.

Archived