Top Shelf Aquatics

TKIY's 20g Shallow Kitchen Tank

TheKingInYellow

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKingInYellow

I dunno what exactly I'll do, but I need to figure out something in a hurry.

If the tests are still good tomorrow morning, you can expect the first fish in the tank tomorrow night. And snails, that turf algae is starting to grow. Tome to add the chemipure!

TheKingInYellow

Dunno yet. Goby most likely. have to see what's in stock and compatible. Might get those SPS frags too.

I know the tank has only been up for five days, but the rock was pre-cured and cooked for 3 weeks. Hope I'm not rushing.

Dunno yet. Goby most likely. have to see what's in stock and compatible. Might get those SPS frags too.

I know the tank has only been up for five days, but the rock was pre-cured and cooked for 3 weeks. Hope I'm not rushing.

You should be okay, there's more than enough water to add a few things at a time... if something goes wrong it's small enough that a quick water change shouldn't be a problem.

Looks good though :)

TheKingInYellow

Thanks new guy.

I'm just not used to a tank having no cycle. I guess this rock *did* cycle, just in a bucket. It's a new frontier for me.

Also confirmed with the wife, the 120g SPS will start this year. Going bare bottom :D

TheKingInYellow

Alright confirmed straight zeroes again in my water tests this AM. Dumped the ChemiPure into the filter, and going shopping tonight.

Might still be able to pick up those frags too!

TheKingInYellow

Okay, livestock added.

Emerald Crab

Peppermint Shrimp (just in case)

5 Red Stripe Turbos

5 Cerith Snails (only 2 of which are moving, grrrr)

Purple Firefish

My daughter picked the FF, so I've thrown some acrylic strips along the front and back of the tank. Not saying it couldn't jump, but if it tries it should be bouncing off the light fixture :D

Also picking up those frags on Saturday.

Made fish food tonight. Kitchen smells like low tide.

TheKingInYellow

No, I treat my animals right.

It's a food-processor blend of:

Formula One Pellet

Formula Two Pellet

Prime Reef Flake

Formula One Frozen

Formula Two Frozen

Spirulina Brine Shrimp

Mysis Shrimp

Krill

Red Nori

Squid

Octopus

Cuttlefish

Shrimp

Clams

Blendered up with some RO/DI and then frozen in flat packs.

Hey guys, I say we hit the KIA dealership and come after TKIY til we get quality snacks.

I mean REALLY, is that so much to ask??? :rolleyes:

Who's up for a KIA posse?

TheKingInYellow

Okay, here's the truth. I just wanted to share snacks with you guys and I don't eat teh meatz :(

Do not do the abandonings of me :unsure:

TheKingInYellow

I have enough jerky for all the FanBus riders.

Up here in Soviet Canuckistan, I get a pizza from Panago that I just lurve. It has pesto instead of tomato sauce, roasted red peppers, spinach, red onions and sun dried tomatoes, 4 cheese blend and a multigran crust. Oh yummers.

Archived