TheKingInYellow

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKingInYellow

lmb-0.jpg

Hai Laydeez...

Was goin' on in dis tread?

Also some new algae. Not bad Valonia because it's not dark green and shiny, but maybe a variety. My best guess is some sort of Dictyosphaeria. Think an emerald might still eat it?

ballalgae-0.jpg

Seems to have grown in under the GHA which is now largely gone. That LMB is a BEAST at devouring the stuff. I love him.

My daughter Sabrina has named all the fish now too. The Court Jester is 'Stripe', the Purple Firefish is 'Little Purple' and the LMB is 'Gruffles'.

TheKingInYellow

Pitchers!

Froggiespawn, with bonus Firefish and CJG cameo.

frogspawn-0.jpg

Latest FTS.

fts_mar-0.jpg

A little red turf algae appearing as well, and those green balls are still around. Might need to grab that Tunze 9002 just to help with nutrient export.

TheKingInYellow

Does GHA ball up like that?

Really, really close to getting that skimmer I think...

It could be some other type of macro algae..I can't really tell from the pix

For such a small tank I dunno if it is worth it, just keep up with the waterchanges

give it time :P

nice frogspawn

TheKingInYellow

Thx. Got a decent deal on it. 3 Heads for $30CDN, which is not bad round these parts. Full extension the same day I got it home, looks very healthy!

I'll wait it out a month or so, but I figure if I see a used 9002 or one on sale, I don't see a reason not to grab it.

TheKingInYellow

Lovely.

Oh well, as long as it's not harming my fish or corals I can deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay for sixlines! omgomgomg

I got one for my 10g to nuke those lil' bastages...he did good not one left, I had the dark brown crap color ones

I also used flatworm exit :unsure:

TheKingInYellow

BATTTTLE PLAAAAAN

Sixline is in the tank. I fraking love him.

Flatworm Exit is already shipped. It's grey market in Canada, so I had to order from Ontario.

Switched out the Nano Cleaner for a Aquaclear 30 with a surface skimmer. Surface skimming on the Tunze SUCKED.

Tunze DOC 9002 ordered. I'm not real pleased with my organics removal in general, and I now have a much higher bioload.

TOOOO BAAAATTTLLLLEEE!!!

• 3 weeks later...
TheKingInYellow

Hello friends.

This is the voice of Dave's Kitchen Radio coming to you live from Dave's Kitchen with an April update.

The Skimmer is in, took a little while since it was missing a part when I got it. Love the skimmer, I really do. Flatworm exit has arrived, but has not yet been administered. The FWs seem to appear as a single little bastard on the glass once in a while, but that's it. I think I'll still dose, but I'm not rushing as I wanted to let the skimmer really break in first. I'll likely dose tomorrow.

Sixline is awesome. Really a great fish. The Blenny is also now eating nori from a clip and has recently decided to eat the frozen as well, so everyone is eating everything and all the fish look super healthy. I'm real happy. Algae still seems to be a bit of an issue, I've got some really brushy green stuff, but it's short and only in a few patches. I'm hoping the skimmer will help starve it out.

Pictures? Pictures! Taken this morning with an open window behind me so pardon the reflections.

Full tank shot!

apr09_fts-0.jpg

Here are the corals:

apr09_birdsnest-0.jpg

apr09_monti-0.jpg

apr09_frogspawn-0.jpg

apr09_milli-0.jpg

You can see some sort of broad-leafed blue macro just above and to the right of the milli in that last shot. Its really awesome, almost an electric blue that my camera just can't capture. I have no idea what it is, but I hope it sticks around. You can also see the milli is growing over the epoxy, it's doing really well. It was sold to me as a purple milli, but it's pretty clearly a hairy green/brown not a purple.

I've got a line on a yellow staghorn and another unidentified SPS frag from a local reefer. WIll add those frags this week I think, after I do the FWE.

Also those 'bubble' algaes are definitely some sort of calcerous algae. It's not making more patches, but the patches are growing into long spikes of some sort. You can see what I mean below.

apr09_bubble-0.jpg

I have no idea how to control it, and it's everywhere. Not sure if I should be worried about it or not? I know my bioload is high, Six-Line, Black Perc, LMB, Court Jester and Firefish in a 20g that is only probably 90% filled, so maybe only 15g of water once you take out sand and rock. I'm willing to live with algae so long as it's not ugly and it's not hurting my fish or corals.

Hey buddeh looks nice! :D if there is one flat worm there are a lot more hiding...when I dosed FWE they came out of nooks and crannies in the L/R...it was crazy.

I likey the blue macro!

Archived