Coral Vue Hydros

TKIY's 20g Shallow Kitchen Tank

TheKingInYellow

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKingInYellow

*** I HATE COMPRESSION FITTINGS ***

Got the damn 1/4" poly line hooked up finally, but out of time to do the rest of the RO setup. I'll get it done tomorrow.

In the meantime: GO CARDINALS!

TheKingInYellow

I hereby swear that there will be rock and water in the tank this week. Then, and only then, will we be there.

TheKingInYellow

lol, thanks Splumph.

I'll try and get my S/W mixing tonight, and then I can do my aquascape tomorrow or Thursday. Then, PICS.

TheKingInYellow

Yeah, you know I'm bored too. Let's play a game or something.

First one to count to ten wins.

TheKingInYellow

Boo, another minor setback. Hooked up the RO/DI last night, but one of the elbow quick connect fittings has a crack or something in it, and it sprayed water all over the place.

I hope home despots carries these elbows :angry:

TheKingInYellow

Okay, got the new fitting and the RO membrane is flushing right now. There is one other small leak but nothing that I am worried about at the moment. I'll let it flush tonight, then tomorrow hookup the dual inline TDS meter, connect the DI and replace the fitting and teflon tape on the leaky carbon block. Then start making saltwater :D

Can't say I am overly impressed with the build quality of the Purely H20 RO/DI at the moment, although this could all be due to shipping or storage or something I suppose.

TheKingInYellow

Um.... No....

RO is set up. Getting some wierd TDS readings on my dual in-line monitor. 3ppm after RO and 8ppm after the DI?! How is the DI adding TDS?

Checked it again this morning, and now it says 0ppm after RO and 0ppm after DI. Nuts! I'm picking up a handheld TDS meter tonight to make sure the water I have is actually reef-able. Assuming it is, I'll let it fill up tonight, mix tomorrow and aquascape on Saturday! FOR REALZ!

TheKingInYellow

Pardon me for having entertaining conversations with other posters. I apologize for disappointing you.

Welcome to the oncoming Kia.

Archived