Militant Jurist

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Looking nice!

Can we get a FTS?

Sure! But there's some algae I have to clean up first. :o

Once I get home tonight, I'll try to get it cleaned up and take a picture. If not tonight, I'll have it Wednesday. Tomorrow, I don't know if I'm going to be home at all between 7:30AM and midnight. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Militant Jurist

Well, I know it's been a bit longer than I planned, and the algae isn't completely gone. However...... I did get some pictures!

I'm also thinking about ripping out the last chamber, and starting work on preparing this tank to have an overflow.

Anyways.... pictures!

FTS:

100_1005.jpg

Overhead Acro shot:

100_1006.jpg

Poci:

100_1007.jpg

Unknown green palys:

100_1010.jpg

Green cap w/ blue polyps:

100_1011.jpg

Purple cap:

100_1012.jpg

Acan:

100_1013.jpg

Chalice and birdsnest:

100_1014.jpg

Trumpets:

100_1015.jpg

Frog:

100_1016.jpg

Green slimer:

100_1017.jpg

Candy cane:

100_1019.jpg

What is this thing?

100_1009.jpg

Wow - don't check for a bit and look what happens! Very nice corals. I am becoming very partial to acros lately - not sure that 's a good thing as I don't have any yet.

What's at the base of this one? Is it part of the acro or something else?

100_1023.jpg
Militant Jurist
Wow - don't check for a bit and look what happens! Very nice corals. I am becoming very partial to acros lately - not sure that 's a good thing as I don't have any yet.

Thanks! I really like my two acros, the green slimer and the deep red. If you look to the right places, you can actually get some acros without too much expense! I got the slimer for about $20, and the deep red was $10. B)

What's at the base of this one? Is it part of the acro or something else?

It's just a bristle worm. Since I don't have fish in this tank, the worms have become quite prolific!

Great shots, Tyler! Those frags look like they're loving their home. :D

Thanks! I was worried about the red acro, but I guess it's normal from some acros to have such short PE. I'm probably going to give several of them a few more days on the frag rack, while I figure out where in the world I'm going to place them.

I'm thinking about putting the red acro either where the highest monti cap is located (it's getting a bit too much light) or just below it and to the left.

Militant Jurist
this tank is filling up quickly.

Indeed! I've gotten a lot of really good growth out of many of my corals, so that certainly helps! It's getting to the point where I might have to do something about the rapid growth of certain corals. :o

Indeed! I've gotten a lot of really good growth out of many of my corals, so that certainly helps! It's getting to the point where I might have to do something about the rapid growth of certain corals. :o

Blah! Want some cheese with that whine????? ;)

Everything is looking wonderful!!!!

Militant Jurist
Blah! Want some cheese with that whine????? ;)

Sure, I'll take some! :P

Although, by 'certain corals' I meant mushies. They are starting to show up in random places. I'm thinking I may have to banish them to the sump, to even have a shot at controlling them!

Everything is looking wonderful!!!!

Thanks! :D

Militant Jurist
Here that often about mushrooms. But your SPS is looking great too!!!!

I've been really happy with my acros. The green slimer hasn't done a whole lot in terms of vertical growth, but it's become rather fat lately! :happy:

yeah, gl with the mushrooms. That is why my new tank is only sps (....for now ;))

Yeah, mushroom are da debil. I've refused to put any kind of mushroom in my new 29g for that very reason!

Militant Jurist

Well, this is a good new / bad news post.

The bad news is that my deep red acro has red bugs. :angry:

The good news is that a nuclear weapon, codenamed Interceptor, is being delivered to begin a campaign of genocide against the little buggers.

• 2 weeks later...
Militant Jurist

Operation Annihilation is still in the wings. The nuclear weapon has been put in transit.

Another secret operation has officially been declassified as of today. Here's the file photo:

100_1038.jpg

I've got glass for a 15g tank, courtesy of CM, so after my exam on Saturday, I'm going to attempt to build it! Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for a return pump.

In case I failed to mention it, the sponge set up is just tucked in there. I ran the "aqua silencer" and it was great for me. That's the part that is on the standpipe there already.

Militant Jurist
In case I failed to mention it, the sponge set up is just tucked in there. I ran the "aqua silencer" and it was great for me. That's the part that is on the standpipe there already.

Yeah, I noticed the sponge. At first, I was wondering "WTF does this thing go?" but then I read the manual, and it said you either ran the sponge OR the silencer. B) I think I'll do the same as you, and run the silencer.

I'm going to try to take some pictures of this tank tonight. I just did a 20% WC and sucked up some of the cyano that was growing, so I need to let everything get un-pissed off. ;)

Militant Jurist

New pictures!

First off, what is the thing between the chalice and the birdsnest?

100_1056.jpg

I thought this was a cap, but apparently it's encrusting!

100_1049.jpg

Da chalice:

100_1050.jpg

Slimer:

100_1051.jpg

Red-bug Acro:

100_1052.jpg

Alien Eye Chalice:

100_1053.jpg

Red Digi:

100_1054.jpg

This is a pretty good size feather duster growing with the YP:

100_1055.jpg

Militant Jurist
Looks like an anemone, maybe a Rock Anemone.

Thanks for the ID Weetie! :happy:

It seems like LA sells rock nems. So it's not a pest?

Militant Jurist

B-29_enola_gay_nb.jpg

Preparing for take-off with the Little Boy, on target for the deep red acro.

Pictures of the corals also to come. ;)

Archived