Top Shelf Aquatics

Elos Mini Gobies Garden

xcom

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on totm. Have you decided to sell your tank or keep it when you move? IMO I would bring it with me if I moved. But your tanks are fairly small so it would be easy either way since have little volume. Love your gorg. Its awesome seeing a gorg in a reef. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much!! I love gorg!!! Especially having them grow on a curve for a dramatic effect.

Once I know more about my living arrangement and budget, I will decide if I can afford to keep the tank.

Hbd and congrats!

Thanxxxxx!

HBD and congrats! :)

Tank is still awesome :P

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the POTM. Beautiful tank, I love the hitchhiker macros!

Congratulation on TOTM. The unidentified SPS is either a Stylopora or Pocillopora.

Most likely Pocillopora.

It's rather hard to tell from the photo, but I think it looks more like Seriatopora guttatus.

I'm looking forward to sitting down and reading through your thread when I have more time. I'm planning a trio of masked gobies for my tank. How did you like yours? Did you just have one?

Congratulations on the POTM. Beautiful tank, I love the hitchhiker macros!

It's rather hard to tell from the photo, but I think it looks more like Seriatopora guttatus.

Thanks!!! Yup all of my macros are hitchhikers, I guess I'm lucky lol

I'm looking forward to sitting down and reading through your thread when I have more time. I'm planning a trio of masked gobies for my tank. How did you like yours? Did you just have one?

I actually had five; and I absolutely love them. They are very active and relatively inexpensive (through sealifeinc) just be sure you don't have any aggressive livestocks or corals... One of mine ended up became dinner for my acanthestrea and being chased by my banded shrimp.

Lol I jus realized I left a comment on your thread a bit ago!!!!

DSC_0307.jpg

omgomgomg seriously....I think we were separated at birth :lol: We have such similar tastes in reefing!!!!!!!

photo-1.jpg

The big (looks yellow) fuzzy gorg!!!!! Where did you get it???????? I LOVE it so much!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that the masked gobies are very active. I need some active fish for my tank. The clowns just hang out under the return outlet and the rusty gobies hang upside down in the shadows all day. I need some movement throughout the tank. Would yours swim? Or do more perching? Or a little of both?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get just 3 masked gobies from sealifeinc.

I see you are in L.A. Me too. Are you moving east for certain :(? If you need to sell that gorgonian, that I love, I'd be very interested :)

• 3 weeks later...
omgomgomg seriously....I think we were separated at birth :lol: We have such similar tastes in reefing!!!!!!!

The big (looks yellow) fuzzy gorg!!!!! Where did you get it???????? I LOVE it so much!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that the masked gobies are very active. I need some active fish for my tank. The clowns just hang out under the return outlet and the rusty gobies hang upside down in the shadows all day. I need some movement throughout the tank. Would yours swim? Or do more perching? Or a little of both?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get just 3 masked gobies from sealifeinc.

I see you are in L.A. Me too. Are you moving east for certain :(? If you need to sell that gorgonian, that I love, I'd be very interested :)

OMG I didn't see your post on time, I just sold the big gorgonian colony today for like $20.... I have a sale thread now....

Yes, I might start a small pico when I settle down a bit. if you get a small group of masked gobies, they tend to be more active together, other alternative is ORA tiger goby, those are super cute and active too in my opinion.

Tank is breaking down, sale threads are in livestock and hardware (more equipments coming after the livestock is gone) -_-

Boohoo...I missed out :( Oh well. I have lots of gorgs already. That one was just so pretty!!!!!!

I ended up ordering just two masked gobies. I didn't feel like I had room for more than that. I figure I can always get one or two more if it doesn't look too crowded with just the two. I'll look into the ORA tiger goby. I'm only going for the pygmy gobies.

Good luck with your sale!!!!! There are a few things I would have loved to have from your tank!!!!!

Thanks! so far the sale is good, still have some livestock left....

I will be stalking your thread soon lol once this thread retires :rolleyes:

I'm already planning on my ADA mini S pico :haha: once the move is done..... fingerscrossed

I'm already planning on my ADA mini S pico :haha: once the move is done..... fingerscrossed

I'll be looking forward to that!!!!!!

Got my masked gobies today.....LOVE them!!!!!! They threw in an extra one too :happydance:

Deleted User 4

Hmmm, this'll be interesting.

You're going florida ric perspective for the ada? :)

Yup. It's time to put my ric obsession into reality lol it will be a rics + gorgs dominated pico fingerscrossed I'm still planning on it.....

Deleted User 4
Yup. It's time to put my ric obsession into reality lol it will be a rics + gorgs dominated pico fingerscrossed I'm still planning on it.....

Sounds like a plan. Can't wait to see it put into works of art. :happy:

Way overkill....lol

Why not get ai nano??? :)

the Nano with new controller/wireless adapter roughly costs $400, while the Vega is $580 (with controller, and wireless built in)..... I also want to experiment with the Power Puck later on..... Vega sounds very tempting LOL if in the future the pico upgrades to larger tank....

I will check it out at Reefpalooza this month and decide later :rolleyes:

Deleted User 4
It's the weekend of oct 21! Can't wait!

Ok, I'm going. Hahah, I thought it was this coming weekend which I had no intention going to because of the tight schedules.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived