Top Shelf Aquatics

Elos Mini Gobies Garden

xcom

Beautiful mini - I'm digging the aquascape. Where are all the gobies???

Emerald crab could well be the culprit. IME, 1 out of 5 or so Mithrax I've added over the years developed a taste for polyps and other softies. Best way to find out is staying up late at night w/ a flash light and observing...lol.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mithrax crabs, like most crabs, are omnivores, and it is often a matter of time before they find meaty foods to eat. If your bristle worms are fire worms, then it is unlikely they are eating the coral (a notable exception is the species Hermodice carunculata).

Beautiful mini - I'm digging the aquascape. Where are all the gobies???

Emerald crab could well be the culprit. IME, 1 out of 5 or so Mithrax I've added over the years developed a taste for polyps and other softies. Best way to find out is staying up late at night w/ a flash light and observing...lol.

I actually saw him sometimes hanging out inside of my zoas colony, :rolleyes:

For the gobies, m saving my money :lol:

Here are couples of options:

1x hi fin red banded goby (i would love a pair if I can get them)

1x neon goby

1x b and w clownfish

or

1x yashia goby

1x mc'cosker wrasse

1x neon goby

Mithrax crabs, like most crabs, are omnivores, and it is often a matter of time before they find meaty foods to eat. If your bristle worms are fire worms, then it is unlikely they are eating the coral (a notable exception is the species Hermodice carunculata).

Can I feed my emerald crab some nori seaweed, do u think that would be a good idea or is there any other type of food (or ways) to feed him?

Thanks

ok sad story

I went to my LFS today and wanted a yellow coral banded shrimp, he was damn cute. We got them in the net and went the lady was ready to put him in a bag, he grabbed the net so tight that his claws was still doing it when omgomgomg he was already in the plastic bag..... Poor guy.

I didn't want to take it because I don't know if it would survive without the main claws so she said she would nursing him till he molt, then i can purchase him.

She was nice.

but I feel sad...

Vivid Aquarium road trip.......

Bought:

Hi Fin Banded Goby.

Yellow Banded Shrimp.

Rose Mille.

Here are some pics of new and old additions.

Goby (still in his cave, no pics yet)

Banded Shrimp:

IMG_1799.jpg

Emerald Crab (finally got a pic)

IMG_1807.jpg

Can someone ID this please, and I know for sure it is not aipatasia (spelling), it is very pretty, purple-ish and pink, sometimes u can see a small orange mouth (some kind of rock anenome? should I remove/kill it?)

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

Rose Mille (for 35 bucks)

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

Tank shots:

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

Loooking awesome! It is coming along very nicely :D

:blush:

Do you guys have any suggestion for what type of corals I can add into my tank? There is one area on the left where my hammer is it has strong light and low-moderate flow and I like the shape of the rock, I just don't know what to put there beside zoas.

The little red bubble algae is a pain, if you can pull that rock and chip that peice off I would highly suggest it from my experience (last picture). Another Euphillia maybe, or move the hammer higher and put some colorful ricordeas under it?

The little red bubble algae is a pain, if you can pull that rock and chip that peice off I would highly suggest it from my experience (last picture). Another Euphillia maybe, or move the hammer higher and put some colorful ricordeas under it?

Red bubble algae? U meant my Botryocladia-Red grape? I thought it is a non-invasive macro pieces.

Maybe I am IDing it wrong. I have two kinds of red bubble algae in mine, and a smidge of green. The invasive stuff is just like yours when it matures though it takes on a silverish color and then develops freckling. The other bubble algae one has a funny bidentate end to it, I would call it less invasive, at least in my system it grows very slowly. I found a picture :D The first one is invasive, the second one not so much.

Bskottsbergii.jpg

Bpseudodichotoma.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am researching the Hi Fin Red Banded Goby. How is yours doing? What and how often do you feed it? Are they "jumpers" They kind of look like a jumper, like the firefish a bit...

Thanks, oh I like your red kelp too by the way!

• 2 weeks later...
I am researching the Hi Fin Red Banded Goby. How is yours doing? What and how often do you feed it? Are they "jumpers" They kind of look like a jumper, like the firefish a bit...

Thanks, oh I like your red kelp too by the way!

Mine died after a day I introduced it into the tank, and I found out that the fish was being harassed b4 I bought it, and I brought it back to Vivid for my refund. Bummer tho I love HI Fin Banded Goby.

However, I got a black and white clown fish and he has been doing great!

updates?

My camera is not working at the moment and m completely busy with school -> midterm is coming.

I will take some pics asap when I get my hand on a working camera :)

• 2 months later...

current top view of zoas + rics garden

new frags: (names for ppl who into them) firefly, alien eyes, and purple hornet-look-alike with aqua skirts, gatsby PPE, blue zoas, atomic, and some unkown ones.

DSC_0299.jpg

current residents:

B&W clown

pink streaked wrasse

DSC_0307.jpg

my camera doesn have macro lense, srry.....

and my fishes are so hyper, hard to get a hold of.

thanks for looking

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived