SaltCritters.com

UWWMatt's 25G Journal

uwwmatt

Good luck with rc ntotm.You got my vote.I got the voting up and hope did it all right on there lol.........

Thanks

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys

uwwmatt - do you rest your live rock up against the sides?

For the most part no. There are a few pieces that touch the back wall but thats it.

Actually I should had clarified, the back wall - not the sides. Not sure why I said that.

I try to set it up with a few inches between the rock and the back wall to allow flow to move freely through the back.

Nice new toy. My brother in law is big into cycling. He is actually works for Chris King bicycles they are known for there headsets. Sure you know who they are. He just took a month of and went to Europe to cycle. Anyways nice bike and tank of course. :D

Brad

My first attempt at HDR photography

IMG_6752_3_4.jpg

He just took a month of and went to Europe to cycle.

Brad

That would be so nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
anything new going on? :D its been a dramatic read geez an emotional rollercoaster haha amazing tank man very sleek

Another disaster unfortunately. Read about it here. Basically my battery operated safety air pump fell into my tank causing some die-off. I lost my acropora (8 frags), my clam, one of my cardinal fish, and a large portion of my red zoanthids.

Things seem to be stable once again, but I am not sure if I have seen the end of this problem.

Needreefunds
Another disaster unfortunately. Read about it here. Basically my battery operated safety air pump fell into my tank causing some die-off. I lost my acropora (8 frags), my clam, one of my cardinal fish, and a large portion of my red zoanthids.

Things seem to be stable once again, but I am not sure if I have seen the end of this problem.

:o

Somehow I missed this.....

:tears: Sorry matt, such a beautiful tank.

Hang in there

Very very nice tank Matt... for a while now I've been looking around for another 25G tall setup and yours is actually where I want mine to be in another month or so. I'm thinking of adding a 150W MHI to my current fixture and a reefkeeper lite as well... MAYBE an ATO.

The next thing in line though is to connect my sump that I've had sitting down for months! ( I had a 10g sump just like yours but I removed the baffles and made it a QT since I got a 'proper' sump from a friend). I too have a mag 5 but what's killing me here is which overflow to get. Which overflow do you have?

• 1 month later...

I use a Quietflo for my overflow. I have never had a problem with it.

I would definitely recommend getting the reefkeeper and ATO. They really help keep your tank stable.

Well it has been a while since I updated this thread. Ever since my last mishap I have really just been letting my tank coast. It still hasn't bounced back like I was hoping it would, but I am not giving up yet.

Most recent FTS

I guess this would be Tank 3.0 now...

IMG_7314.jpg

I got a new clown fish last week. Since adding him he has been eating well and getting along great with the other tank inhabitants.

I had been debating getting a new fish for a while now. Originally I had planned on getting a flasher wrasse, but I just didn't want to bother with the hassle of making a top for my aquarium. Another problem with the wrasse I have heard is that they can be very shy. I don't want another fish that hides all day. I think I see my orange spotted goby like once a week.

IMG_7327.jpg

lookin good as always.

Thanks

I got a new camera lens today!

I have not gotten around to shooting the fish tank with it yet but here are the first 3 images I took.

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_74362.jpg

IMG_7425.jpg

Here is the camera info for these three pictures if anyone is interested. The lens is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Camera Data

Make: Canon

Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi

Shutter Speed: 1/50 second

Aperture: F/1.8

Focal Length: 50 mm

ISO Speed: 800

Your pictures are incredible.

Thanks

Looking really good.I vote dec totm......

Hopefully one of these months, although with some of the new tanks I have seen around lately (volcano tank -_- ) I am not holding my breath.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_7633.jpg

Well my clown fish that I have had for about a month finally decided to host. I figured he would go for the frogspawn, but he chose that candy cane instead. He likes to wiggle right in between the heads, its pretty fun to watch.

Archived