SaltCritters.com

UWWMatt's 25G Journal

uwwmatt

Here's my most recent FTS

IMG_7660.jpg

My devil's hand coral has been shriveled up for two days. I hope its just doing a routine shedding and not dying.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Immediately knew those pics were taken with the EF 50mm f/1.8 II. This is a MUST have lens. Nice pics btw.

Yeah, it was the best $90 I have spent on a lens.

• 2 months later...

I just realized my tank just hit the 1 year mark last month. There have been lots of changes over that time.

This is what it looked like on January 11th last year.

2-6.jpg

Here it is in its current state

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

I picked up a TDS meter from ebay. I thought maybe my GHA was coming from a malfunctioning RO/DI unit, but after testing it, that doesn't seem to be the case. I have had the Mighty Mite for about 8 months now and the TDS only reads 1. The water from my tap reads 255.

IMG_8143.jpg

looks good as always.Have another month or so and mine will be a year.You going to the swap?

Thanks. Yeah, I plan on hitting up the fragswap. I'd like to pick up some more zoanthid frags.

Back from the frag swap!

Rock Anemone $20

2x Bird's nest frags (1 red $6, 1 green $20)

4x paly and zoanthid frags ($15 total)

Brain $50

Plate coral $5

Pipe Organ $5

GSP $15

IMG_8333.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

If you look at the post above you can see the FTS I took yesterday. I moved that koralia and frag rack out of the tank. What do you guys think?

Love the new Brain.

Quick question though, is it green and purple or brown and purple?

Color looks different in each pic.

Tank is looking awesome.

Love the new Brain.

Quick question though, is it green and purple or brown and purple?

Color looks different in each pic.

Tank is looking awesome.

Its green and purple. I changed the white balance on my camera when I took the close up and it sort of washes out some of the purple.

Hey Matt, what's the latest on the battle with the GHA?

Things are going much better. I took all the rocks out of the tank that had hair algae on them and scraped them with a razor then scrubbed them with a tooth brush. Other then one patch that I couldn't reach it has stayed gone.

The remaining patch is disappearing every day. I think I will be algae free in a week or two. On another note I did two doses of Flateworm exit a few weeks ago and that has totally taken care of my planaria problem.

Archived