Top Shelf Aquatics

UWWMatt's 25G Journal

uwwmatt

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feed it anything special?

I don't do any direct feeding in my tank except for the anemone. I rotate through frozen cyclopeez, mysis, shrimp, and various other goodies.

What kind of anemone is that on the right??

Your tank looks awesome, great job!

Its frogspawn an LPS coral not an anemone. They are really easy to keep alive.

Giannis86

all i can say is WOW!

This tank looks amazing! That brain looks sick!

Its funny how active your clownfish is in the video (fast forward put aside ofc). Mine are rather lasy b******

By the way how many minutes/hours worth of video was that?

all i can say is WOW!

This tank looks amazing! That brain looks sick!

Its funny how active your clownfish is in the video (fast forward put aside ofc). Mine are rather lasy b******

By the way how many minutes/hours worth of video was that?

Thanks, its about 90 minutes real time I think.

animalmaster6

Wowzas!!!

I noticed you had lots of SPS in the June FTS but in the May FTS they are not nearly as abundunt. Any reason for taking them out?

Wowzas!!!

I noticed you had lots of SPS in the June FTS but in the May FTS they are not nearly as abundunt. Any reason for taking them out?

I had a tank crash not long after that June picture was taken. I had some guests over and they knocked my backup battery pump into my tank and either stray voltage or leaking chemicals killed lots of my corals. In addition to most of my SPS I lost one of my cardinal fish, my clam, 90% of my zoanthid, and my toadstool has never fully recovered. I am actually still fighting the effects of that crash today. About 3 months after I started to get hair algae and diatom outbreaks that I still have totally taken care of.

What sucks most is less then a month before that June photo was taken my sump cracked in the middle of the night and partly drained my tank and my ATO pumped a bunch of fresh water into the tank. My losses were not to bad, but my tank sat on the floor like this for a few weeks while I tried to come up with a sump design

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5963.jpg

The corals that were not effected by the two tank crashes have continued to grow and have filled in the areas where there had been losses but if you look back to April 2009 before I had any problems, that is when I had the most diversity in my tank, and things were the healthiest.

ftsapril.jpg

I can only imagine how my tank would look if there had been a years worth of growth without any problems.

Since we are taking a look back, here is were it all started

This was my first tank (8G Biocube) started around August 2007. That single head of hammer coral in the middle right is now over a dozen heads in my current tank.

dsc01800bq1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't updated my tank thread in a while, but this weekend I will be shutting down this tank and transferring it to something NEW! :lol:

This tank is officially shut down. Over the last few days I have been transferring my livestock over to my new 25g Cadlight.

Archived