ReefCleaners.org

UWWMatt's 25G Journal

uwwmatt

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things are going much better. I took all the rocks out of the tank that had hair algae on them and scraped them with a razor then scrubbed them with a tooth brush. Other then one patch that I couldn't reach it has stayed gone.

The remaining patch is disappearing every day. I think I will be algae free in a week or two. On another note I did two doses of Flateworm exit a few weeks ago and that has totally taken care of my planaria problem.

Interesting... I have one patch that won't go away and unfortunately I can't remove the rock it's on (which I believe is the most effective method) because it's surrounded by a yellow sponge and some zoas and funny thing too is that I recently noticed some flatworms in the tank - they showed up just before the latest coral addition. I dunno if they've been in the tank and just been dormant all along but I'm keeping an eye on them.

Thanks guys

Interesting... I have one patch that won't go away and unfortunately I can't remove the rock it's on (which I believe is the most effective method) because it's surrounded by a yellow sponge and some zoas and funny thing too is that I recently noticed some flatworms in the tank - they showed up just before the latest coral addition. I dunno if they've been in the tank and just been dormant all along but I'm keeping an eye on them.

Just keep up with your water changes and removing what you can by hand. If you notice your flatworms starting to get out of hand I recommend that flatworm exit, it worked without any problems.

I haven't seen this guy in probably 6 months. I had figured he died a while ago. Then last night as a made one quick look at my tank before I went to bed I found him crawling around the front of the glass.

IMG_8421.jpg

Here's my new anemone

IMG_8396.jpg

BRAINZZZZ

IMG_8429.jpg

Here is quick video I made tonight.

th_fishtankvideo.jpg

Cool vid! Tank looks great, love the lighting. What do you shoot the video with?

This was just a Polaroid point and shoot I bought for my fiancé for $60. Nothing special. I wish I had something nicer for video.

Matt you a vet tech? Just seen your name tag and the rabies drug write up as I was being nosey and looking thru your photobucket pictures.LOL Tank is looking great and really liked the new video.

DustOnTheBottle

Amazing tank!....I have a quick question though. When you had your 14g biocube up and running did you have any problems with the bicolor blenny in it. I'm thinking about adding one to my 14g biocube later on down the road but I see on liveaquaria and other sites that they need a 30g. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Amazing tank!....I have a quick question though. When you had your 14g biocube up and running did you have any problems with the bicolor blenny in it. I'm thinking about adding one to my 14g biocube later on down the road but I see on liveaquaria and other sites that they need a 30g. Thanks.

I didn't have any issue with my blenny. They mostly just stay in the rock work all day anyway.

For being so small I actually see this little guy more then my orange spotted goby

IMG_8468.jpg

Here is another new FTS. I made a few minor adjustments like moving the hammer coral to the back center. I feel the straight on shots don't really do the tank justice because you can't get a good feeling of the aquascaping.

IMG_8473.jpg

Well I lost about a third of my purple candy canes. They fell onto my brain coral sometime in the night and I didn't notice until about 3pm today. The brain completely destroyed about 5-6 heads of the candy cane.

On a more positive note, I placed an order for the new kodak Playsport. Its a waterproof HD video camera, so expect some high quality videos coming sometime in the next few weeks. I am excited to put the camera right into the tank and take some coral close ups.

Sweet pic- I have a ton of friends that go to UW Madison. I was gonna go there myself but ended up going to Carroll University in Waukesha.

I have been working on some new top down photographs. Here are a couple of my sexy shrimp that I just took.

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8515.jpg

Sweet pic- I have a ton of friends that go to UW Madison. I was gonna go there myself but ended up going to Carroll University in Waukesha.

Thanks, Madison is a great place.

Sorry about the candy canes. Great tank though! I keep thinking this tank is wider than it actually is.

Thanks, its only 24 1/4 x12 1/2 x20 3/4

bummer about your candy canes. they're pretty ones

Yeah it sucked. Here is the damage, about 5 heads total were lost. That brain kicked the crap out of them.

IMG_8542.jpg

And here is a new full tank shot for April. Not much difference since the one I took last week except for the damage to the candy canes, and my anemone decided to try a different place out.

IMG_8550.jpg

My new camera

IMG_8552.jpg

and a video. Watch my clown freak out in 720p. It looks better on computer then in youtube.

New video of my cleaner shrimp cleaning my hand. 720p HD

Inside the tank looking out

animalmaster6

Hi,

This tank is so awesome!!!!! Very TOTM worthy Imo.

I have a question though. Do you have the Canon Rebel?

I am thinking about getting the Canon Rebel XSi with 28-135 lense.

You're pics really look like you have the Rebel :)

What do you think of the Rebel?

Thanks!

Archived