SaltCritters.com

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yet another cleaner shrimp dead in my tank! it was doing great, it was big enough to defend it's self and my clowns didnt bother it much but i came home from TG shopping and the poor thing was curled up in a ball dead!

I think I should get a harelquin shrimp. They seem like they would hide in the rocks more and not do alot of floating around?

opinions plz

plus last week my purple nudi died of some weird disease and my pink zoas I bought rotted out in 2days! I had my LFS check my water and everything is fine, just slightly over on nitrates. thank god my LFS said they would replace my 2 items in a few weeks. they wanna make sure my water is perfect again before adding anything new.

yet another cleaner shrimp dead in my tank! it was doing great, it was big enough to defend it's self and my clowns didnt bother it much but i came home from TG shopping and the poor thing was curled up in a ball dead!

I think I should get a harelquin shrimp. They seem like they would hide in the rocks more and not do alot of floating around?

opinions plz

plus last week my purple nudi died of some weird disease and my pink zoas I bought rotted out in 2days! I had my LFS check my water and everything is fine, just slightly over on nitrates. thank god my LFS said they would replace my 2 items in a few weeks. they wanna make sure my water is perfect again before adding anything new.

Harelquin Shrimps have a very strict diet. They must be fed starfish legs, which may seem gory, but if you keep a star in your sump you could just cut off one leg at a time, they regenerate.

thats excatly what im going to do, or steal one from the ocean...like the ones in my hands! :ninja:

but do you think they will do well with my aggressive female clown?

Eh, I would doubt it, especially if your clown has already taken out 2 cleaners. I wouldn't use stars from the ocean though, who knows what parasites, diseases, etc they have on them that a home aquarium have never seen.

If your heart is set on a shrimp, IME a Coral Banded Shrimp are the most aggressive, but most would agree your tank is to small for one.

Either way in the end, a clown can kill any shrimp before a shrimp can defend itself.

EDIT: MY THOUSANDTH POST GOES TO GGA

omgomgomg:D:happydance::haha:

they always look like they are ready to fight haha

what about pepermints??? they only really come out at night and hide most of the day?

plus they are usually cheaper than cleaners.

are you sure it is the clowns killing the shrimp?

do you own test kits or do you just rely on tests from the lfs? personally, water tests are the last thing i would trust any lfs with. jmo.

Well I do have my own kit, but trust me when I say my LFS is the ultimate in fishcare and knowledge. they talk me out of buying things all the time, and make sure i get whats best for my tank.

and it has to be my clowns cause she had a nibble out of her tail. probley stressed her out.

they always look like they are ready to fight haha

what about pepermints??? they only really come out at night and hide most of the day?

plus they are usually cheaper than cleaners.

had a peppy, and it dissapeared! maybe i'll just have to buy another. gosh i just have the worst luck with shrimps :-\ my LFS was like "No more shrimps for you mallory!"

had a peppy, and it dissapeared! maybe i'll just have to buy another. gosh i just have the worst luck with shrimps :-\ my LFS was like "No more shrimps for you mallory!"

well since you trust your LFS so much, maybe you should take its advice and not buy another shrimp.

Nah, I think the further north you go and the colder it gets, then the bigger the stars are. ;)

In Canada, the starfish picks up YOU!

Sorry for the Yakov Smirnoff humor.

i just have to say...GREAT! JUST GREAT!!! greta aquacape! great corals! great livestock! it really looks good! those clowns fit your setup perfectly!

i just have to say...GREAT! JUST GREAT!!! greta aquacape! great corals! great livestock! it really looks good! those clowns fit your setup perfectly!

Thanks, I enjoyed your comment. Really. :P

Your tank looks awesome, and in such a short time.

Your doing a great job with your 14g BioCube.

Is that the stock lighting that comes with that 14g Cube?

Got another free Coral! Now the Hard Brain! :naughtydance:

IMG_4371.jpg

Fat open brain

IMG_4367.jpg

Your tank looks awesome, and in such a short time.

Your doing a great job with your 14g BioCube.

Is that the stock lighting that comes with that 14g Cube?

yup, 10k 24watt lighting

Well it only happen in such a short time because the rock that i purchased was already cured, 3 years old, no die off, and went from 1 tank to another in 3 hours....so it made it possible for me to get coral and fish in the same week. i wouldnt recommend this to anyone starting out fresh

stoney waters

Nice, looks like you found a good place for it. Perfect fit, like it was meant to be there.

This is just my opinion, but I would break that frog of the plug and glue it directly to the rock. I don't think it will encrust and it might just look more natural. I personally don't like plugs that show. Also, why is your goniopora retracted? Are the clowns stressing it or is it just the crabs crawling over it?

Archived