Top Shelf Aquatics

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I am going to do it because my tank has no corals in it. Would I be able to ship corals from my work? I could pic up some mushrooms and zoas or something. I have never shipped before so I would ship easy corals. It sound like fun but don't know if the corals can come from the established tank at my work. (I work at my LFS)

Well lets get back on topic boys... :rolleyes:

If you wanna continue our lovely converstations, feel free to make one in the lounge :lol:

p.s. EVERYONE should join the frag swap this year, cause im in it lol :wub:

Very nice tank

I don't know if I am going to do it because my tank has no corals in it. Would I be able to ship corals from my work? I could pic up some mushrooms and zoas or something. I have never shipped before so I would ship easy corals. It sound like fun but don't know if the corals can come from the established tank at my work. (I work at my LFS)
I would PM alantisreef about it (the guy running the swap) he would know more than me :P
Got another free Coral! Now the Hard Brain! :naughtydance:

IMG_4371.jpg

Fat open brain

IMG_4367.jpg

yup, 10k 24watt lighting

Well it only happen in such a short time because the rock that i purchased was already cured, 3 years old, no die off, and went from 1 tank to another in 3 hours....so it made it possible for me to get coral and fish in the same week. i wouldnt recommend this to anyone starting out fresh

Where are you getting these free corals at? Everything just looks so vibrant. Very impressed

1) This thread has inspired me to make my first post.

2) Great tank! Makes me wonder if I shouldn't go with the 24g AquaPod my LFS is pushing. I saw the 14g BioCube first.

3) I'm pretty certain I was reading an article about your father if he invented that machine. Good story, probably a man I would really like due to his entrepreneurial nature.

4 ) The Zonda is my 3rd favorite car. My 2nd is the Bugatti Veyron (~$1,400,000), and my first is my Lotus Elise that I waited 36 months for, then sold :tears:

Again, great tank!

WTF is a Zonda?

my next ride is going to be a white porsche GT3

check that baby out. I am waiting at least another year sadly but soon enough

While I agree the GT3 is a beast and an incredible car (I would the RS in Green if I had the money) the Zonda is a whole 'nother beast. Top Gear just did a show on the new Pagani Zonda F Roadster and it is amazing.

Watch the video Zonda lovers:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/james-zonda

Also check out Top Gears power lap board here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Test...The_Power_Board

Where are you getting these free corals at? Everything just looks so vibrant. Very impressed

We'll lemme start from the beginning...At my old work, we have this local aquariumist who decided to put up a rimless 40g tank for advertisement in our store. He put in 20LBS of live rock, a zillion different coral, tangs, blennys, clowns, cleaners, starfish...all in 1 week. Tank looked great for the first 2 weeks, came in everyday to clean, or had me care for it (since i do know how to do that) but I quit my job 3weeks later...Soon after the tank went to ######, he stopped showing up to clean, and no one knew what to do. He literally came in once a month to clean. Everything started dying off quickly, and the things he had left were what I took. My co-workers begged me to come take them before they would die and would tell the owner they bleached out :lol:

So thats how im getting my free corals

We'll lemme start from the beginning...At my old work, we have this local aquariumist who decided to put up a rimless 40g tank for advertisement in our store. He put in 20LBS of live rock, a zillion different coral, tangs, blennys, clowns, cleaners, starfish...all in 1 week. Tank looked great for the first 2 weeks, came in everyday to clean, or had me care for it (since i do know how to do that) but I quit my job 3weeks later...Soon after the tank went to ######, he stopped showing up to clean, and no one knew what to do. He literally came in once a month to clean. Everything started dying off quickly, and the things he had left were what I took. My co-workers begged me to come take them before they would die and would tell the owner they bleached out :lol:

So thats how im getting my free corals

Sounded like he needed to visit nanoreef.com haha. Learn the basics before putting everything in all at once. Too bad you didn't get everything before it died. You did end up with some free pieces though so...yea. I'm gonna pm the frag guy right now.

Archived