Top Shelf Aquatics

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

Nice tank!!!! I didnt have so much luck with my ocellaris clown and my firefish. The clown was a big bully and had to get rid of him because the firefish was slowly starving to death. I'm glad to see that yours are getting along fine

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Yes, the tank is still alive & I'm happy with my clown. :flower:

IMG_6186-1.jpg

IMG_6306-1.jpg

IMG_6288-1.jpg

IMG_6271-1.jpg

IMG_6277-1.jpg

IMG_6269-1.jpg

IMG_6255-1.jpg

IMG_6248-1.jpg

IMG_6243-1.jpg

had a horrible case of mushrooms, had to sell 5lbs of my rock to take care of it. I literally was about to give up on the tank completely because the algae became so bad, and the mushrooms had completely taken over the tank/corals. But one day I put my big girl pants on, sold the infested rock, cleaned the rock that was saveable, added new sand, & cleaned every inch of it... now I am satisfied.

Thank you, I feel good about selling the extra 5lbs

Id like to upgrade the stock lights & pump

any (cheap) suggestions?

I also want 1 piece of new coral, something soft? brain, frogspawn, torch?

ApiratenamedJohn

It's about time! This tank is awesome. Its good to see another bc14 owner with a shweet ass tank.

For cheap lights I'd say aquastyle. That's what I want to get at least. I've read good things about them on here too. For pumps idk.

Nice tank ,you said you run carbon filters(not sure what you mean) no LR rubble or media basket. Im curious as Im new to this(9 months) and had LR rubble now converting to media basket.How are your water param. water changes(how much how often)?Here is a pic of mine any feedback?

post-71117-1327659175_thumb.jpg

pheonixsoul25
Yeap, very cool tank, I like those plates alot. :) For lights read around, alot DIY stuff is the trend as it seems.

Used and aquastyleonline 14 led dimmable kit on mine corals seem to love it and I love that I can adjust to color intensity ! Had to trim the heat sink some to fit like I wanted but it came out pretty sweet imo

Nice tank ,you said you run carbon filters(not sure what you mean) no LR rubble or media basket. Im curious as Im new to this(9 months) and had LR rubble now converting to media basket.How are your water param. water changes(how much how often)?Here is a pic of mine any feedback?

You know you would be surprised but my tank LOVES Tap water, I dont use purified to mix my salts! My Params are normal, check them every week, nothing changes. Sometimes the PH fluxes a little, but nothing to be worried about.

I use a cut out carbon pad in the 1st back chamber, then i use a handful of filter floss on top of the grate in chamber 2. I'm thinking of adding some rubble to the 2nd chamber for better filtration, so far i have some left over rocks and seashells back there.

I change the water about every 1-2 weeks @ 30% tank volume.

as far as feed back on the tank, if your still using stock lighting i wouldnt add anymore coral or pieces to the tank, and to make sure you clown fish doesnt become aggressive towards your other fish, my clown killed my shrimp, its partner and my gobies. So i keep him solo.

hope that helps

GGA

• 2 weeks later...

Your zoas look like they are spilling out your rock and your clownfish looks like he has a mustache :)

Awesome tank!! I definitely like the new lighting.

Just went to my LFS and noticed that Coral Life came out with a 24w Actinic. I normally buy the Coral Life 24w 50/50 with my 10k replacements.

ApiratenamedJohn
Just went to my LFS and noticed that Coral Life came out with a 24w Actinic. I normally buy the Coral Life 24w 50/50 with my 10k replacements.

So you got the 10k and the 24w actinic? Hmmm I might have to get that for my bc29. It really makes the colors pop and I like the blue.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

GirlGoneAqua,

How has the biocube been treating you. I just recently updated my page after a year and I see you are falling into the same boat. 4 years with the biocube sure is a long time so keep us posted on here. I need fellow BC14 people so I can still learn from them.

Hope all is well and happy reefing.

Jon

Archived