Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you havent already heard, Edward my clown died lastnight due to jumping into the sump then sucked up by the pump.

I went fish hunting today and found this very petite clown that i saved from this dirty old pet store, it was runned down and all there fish were badly crowd, he just gave me this look and came up to the tank like PLEASE take me home! so I did.

here are some pics <3

IMG_5799.jpg

The two fish meeting, my goby likes him already

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

qualitycontrol

Hey,

I just started a BC14 coming from the world of a 34G solana which I still have but I have some questions.

Are you using stock return pump and what do you occupy the chambers with in the back?

So far I have heater in an empty chamber 1, going to fabricate a media rack with chemi, chaeto, LR rubble in chamber 2

upgrade stock return pump and add hydor flo in chamber 3

Last question I have is goby? What is it, is it a little watchmen or? trying to figure out extact what I should stock this thing with. My solana had no issues with shrimp and fish but I really did not think that this might cause a problems being so tight in here.

Anyways great tank and I would love some feedback/help with the wonderful world of Biocubes

qualitycontrol, to answer your question, I am using the stock pump and i have nothing in the chamber but a carbon pad that i change out weekly, im trying to do the natural way, and so far my tank is healthier now that i stopped messing with it. The goby is a yellow clown goby, they are very flirty fish, they'll nussle everyone in your tank.

I recommend not getting a pair of clowns and stick to the gobies or just 1 clown because of how small the space. when i had a couple they didnt seem comfortable in the 14g.

Nice scape :happy: . I just got a bc14 myself and I love it. Sorry about your clown. The new guy is cute. When they come up to you like that it's hard to say no isnt it.

Hey I'll be home this weekend if you'd like to meet up? The new scape looks sweet along with all the mushrooms. Is the rock that was on the bottom and now on the left side frag rack a bunch of green star polyps? Looks like that ricordia is on its way to splitting! :)

Where was the overcrowded shop you picked up your picasso? Last time I was hope I went with my dad and checked out tons of aquarium shops I/we'd never been to for the day (A Red Sea Aquarium up in shoreline was good, there was one in downtown Seattle that was painted blue outside, they didn't have the greatest selection of livestock and had tons of aquariums (and other dry goods), I don't think I'll go back there). There was also a few way down in Puyallup but I don't really see myself making that drive again. It was fun to check them all out, some were kind of disappointing. I'm pretty set I'll just stick with the greater eastside ones. If I'm driving by Kirkland I tend to stop by Dennys and if I'm bored in downtown Bellevue (or occasionally driving between offices and have time haha) I swing by Saltwater City, and Blue Sierra is really convenient for me but I like Barrier the most.

I totally got the clown at Dennys! Haha. I normally buy all my coral etc at barrier because they are so knowledgable and they know me very well and my tank so they won't sell me something that won't work. Dennys makes me mad because I am convinced they buy wild clowns from a supplyer. Plus they over poppulate their tanks. They put a blue tang and a perc pair in a 5 gallon corner tank and the tang attacked the male until it was almost dead. I threw a fit at the store and yelled at the empolyees to remove the tang!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GIRLGONEAQUA

Hey guys long time no talk!

I recently bought a Fire Fish and he's just adorable gets along perfect with my clown, they even try to host a clump of Trumpet corals!

<3

IMG_5947.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
GIRLGONEAQUA

Thanks Envy, its taken me a long time to get out of my rut after my tank spiked, but I finally feel it looks as good as when I first started this hobby, looking back on the before and after pictures on page 1

Tanks lookin awesome! That is one HOT fire fish (get it? lol). Is your clown hosting those zoas? lol I missed out on a huge rock of free zoas because the guys clown was hosting them <_< . They do they craziest things dont they. At one point my clowns hosted my orange digi :lol: .

Archived