SaltCritters.com

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

Glad to see you didn't give up. I read through the entire thread after the last two posts said you were most likely done. Looking good so far for the comeback.

An anemone will definitely outgrow a 14 pretty quickly though, so i don't know if I would go that route for your clown. Clowns will host in many things. Just keep trying, it'll take to something.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
butterfly_angel03

I am amazed all this is under stock lights... I just got my biocube and am really excited to start it up in September and I am just learning about everything. I thought you couldnt keep brains and what not with stock lighting but your stuff looks so good. What do you do to keep things so beautiful? Whats your tank maintenance like....Very curious....

chironerd21
I am amazed all this is under stock lights... I just got my biocube and am really excited to start it up in September and I am just learning about everything. I thought you couldnt keep brains and what not with stock lighting but your stuff looks so good. What do you do to keep things so beautiful? Whats your tank maintenance like....Very curious....

Light is one thing.... but water conditions are the most important... if she can keep good water conditions and supplement feeding... then the brains / LPS should be fine...

There are photosynthesis that the coral uses the light to convert to energy.... so if there isn't enough lights, and she supplements with food (which she does)... then the Brain coral should be fine....

Also a good water environment and good nutrient levels with water changes supplement other needs for LPS... as they need more Calcium, etc to build their skeletons..

should i get a brain again?

I need a LPS or Soft coral for my clown. hes just making beds in the sand i feel bad for him.

suggestions?

Yeah! Why not to get a brain again? It look great in your tank before.

GIRLGONEAQUA

ya i kept everything stock, i keep nothing in the sump use 1 carbon pad in the first chamber

I dose calcium and reef buffer

I feed 2 drops of phyto a week

and the fish/shrimp get sinking pellets daily and mysis weekly

GIRLGONEAQUA

update

Today i have discovered I have a bobbet worm in my rock! the size of a pencil! so what i did was take tacky glue and filled in the holes where iv been watching come out at night. hopefully this works.

I also bought a leather coral for my clown since they are almost impossible to kill

he hasnt even tried swimming near it yet, how can i get my clown to host the leather instead of the brain he once loved?

oh and a friend of mine is giving me a red monti cap tonight for free! post pic lata

IMG_5592.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

GIRLGONEAQUA
Nice plate coral!

Another person from Washington, yea!

i got him at a bargain price of $25

Huh, I still haven't been there yet. I have heard a lotta good things though. I heard they have a lot of nice stony corals too. Maybe later this summer...

You live close I take it haha, I live 2 1/2 hours away lol. The LFS around me don't have hard corals :(

tank is looking great

glad to see your keeping up with it (atleast inbetween updates)

leave some love in my thread....i got a new tank YAY!

oh & as far as having your clown host things, let nature run it's course. It might take to the leather it might not. all depends on the funny guy

GIRLGONEAQUA
tank is looking great

glad to see your keeping up with it (atleast inbetween updates)

leave some love in my thread....i got a new tank YAY!

oh & as far as having your clown host things, let nature run it's course. It might take to the leather it might not. all depends on the funny guy

hes terrified of it! so i keep dropping food on it hoping he'll eat off it and become more comfortable and host :wub: ?

GIRLGONEAQUA

the guy im getting it from is keeping it under PCs his are a little more powerfull then mine but the piece is the size of a crumb and it going on the frag rack close to the lights

firefish CR
I also bought a leather coral for my clown since they are almost impossible to kill

oh and a friend of mine is giving me a red monti cap tonight for free! post pic lata

hi

really nice tank

i have a leather coral and they are really hard one

if you have lucky with monti, i will try too :happy:

• 1 month later...

Archived