Cultivated Reef

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That ALK accident that happened awhile ago really took a huge toll on my tank and i still have corals that are recovering and still loosing some that were damaged then, now. but the tank other than that is healthy and the fish are happy. I have a question though, my leather coral is bleaching and i didnt think it was possible, is it bleaching or turning lighter because it doesnt have enough light, or to much light? the bulbs are only 4months old.

Heyy GGA!!

Corals usually loose their zooxanthellae when they are stressed out, could be too much light...but you are running the hood stock right?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey boys and ladies,

Just doing my monthly update,

tank is doing just fine, i learned within my year of tanks that if its not broken dont fix it!

Now i leave my tank alone, stopped moving things around, just let nature take its course and well its comes back better and better from the crash a few months back.

I made a video of my baby and techno, cause they are the two things I love most.

enjoy :flower:

-GGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfCZl3pCKI

to anwser everyone's past questions

mr.gone: Barrier reef for all my corals and needs but denny's pet world has the cheapest fish, thats where i found my trueperc for $20!

Nancym: it has magnets on the back, so I can pretty much put it anywhere! got it at barrier reef aquariums

david: sorry david, didnt make it in this year cause I have way to much corals for my system, i acutally been selling alot of my zoas and mushrooms on craigslist cause they are growing like wildfire right now.

got2envy: you were right about the lights, instead of running 12hours a day on the babies, i am only doing 10 hours and the corals colors have come back :)

Archived