ReefCleaners.org

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreef11

I am sorry to hear about your tank. Your lucky that you still have your fish and some corals. I remember when my tank crashed and I lost everything.

Hopefully you are able to find a new bed for your clown soon.

fiction101

IIt's best to test all pre made saltwater. I had a bad batch of reefcrystals that threw off my alk levels big time, so I test each new bag I buy now.

davidncbrown
IIt's best to test all pre made saltwater. I had a bad batch of reefcrystals that threw off my alk levels big time, so I test each new bag I buy now.

+1 to that. One of the guys from my LFS makes his own salt water and he had a bucket of reef crystals come out with like 560 calcium and like 3 kh.

That's terrible, GGA! :tears: I'm definitely sorry to hear about the crash. But I'm glad you didn't lose everything from what it sounds. I had low alk on one of my tanks, 4.8 But it happened over time and was like that for a while, so maybe that's why the tank didn't crash. pH was also 7.5 at night when I had the low alk. I started dosing alk into my tank and brought it back up as well as the pH. You should try out CoralLife or better yet, Red-Sea Coral Pro salt, I use both and love them!

Paleoreef103
I plan to buy a new brain in the future because my poor baby clown has made a bed out of sand and sleeps on that where the brain used to be. he really loved that brain...

This statement is both horribly sad and cute. Poor little feller. Get him a new one or a Frogspawn. Mine looooooves his frogspawn.

nanoreef11
That's terrible, GGA! :tears: I'm definitely sorry to hear about the crash. But I'm glad you didn't lose everything from what it sounds. I had low alk on one of my tanks, 4.8 But it happened over time and was like that for a while, so maybe that's why the tank didn't crash. pH was also 7.5 at night when I had the low alk. I started dosing alk into my tank and brought it back up as well as the pH. You should try out CoralLife or better yet, Red-Sea Coral Pro salt, I use both and love them!

+1 on Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

• 5 weeks later...

Looks awesome girl! I love orange fungias omgomgomg

I'm happy everything is good with the tank after the incident, many would have thrown in the towel

nanoreef11

Wow I didn't think we would see you back on here. Tank is looking good. Some new frags I see haha.

Check out my new scape in my sig. Let me know what you think.

Jon

GIRLGONEAQUA

should i get a brain again?

I need a LPS or Soft coral for my clown. hes just making beds in the sand i feel bad for him.

suggestions?

I wouldnt chance it.I just had to give away my open brain last week cause was getting beat up by my clown real bad.It wasnt liking being hosted one bit.Maybe get a torch or something and put down there for him

GIRLGONEAQUA

i had a torch, it died, he never hosted it or got near it lol

I need like a toadstoll or something cushionie

fiction101

Mine was hosting my frogspawn but it was getting stung so much that it's body was full of black marks.

I would try a small bubble tip anemone, you have a lot of room for one.

It took about 4 months time for my clowns to discover that the Toadstool makes a nice cozy home. I highly recommend one. It looks so comfortable...I want one for myself :D

fiction101
my tank needs halides for anemones doesnt it?

I kept a sebea nem under pc lights and it out grew my 24g. The 14g BC should be fine for one.

Archived