SaltCritters.com

I feel like a noob

jeremai

you should see the fts, lol. but yeah, lalani made my tank less boring. :flower:

:wub:

That blasto looks 200x better than before! :happy:

And soon you'll have some mini nems, halimeda, and a few other goodies to add.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I think it's a baby. it looks like a bluish greenish lump of something immediately aft of the yuma's foot. same color as the yuma when it's all closed up.

kim, how big around are yours? how big should I expect this thing to get?

The largest one is probably between 2 1/2 and 3 inches in diameter. :)

Yeah, they start off as ugly little blobs, lol. Yours is still pretty small, yeah?

Lani, I want a yummy yuma babby.

I dunno, you're still kinda mean to me.

• 2 weeks later...

amber, I do not, they all died in the Great Battle between the Flatworm clan and the Cyano tribe.

in other news, I'm finding out that ignoring a tank does wonders for stability - except when you have a nonphotosynthetic coral and leave no provisions for feeding it while you are out of town for a week. rip mr. phyllangia. :tears:

the coral dying caused a surge in the growth of a funky red macro, which now needs to be pruned back. otherwise, tank looks great, aside from needing a top off.

in other news, I'm finding out that ignoring a tank does wonders for stability - except when you have a nonphotosynthetic coral and leave no provisions for feeding it while you are out of town for a week. rip mr. phyllangia. :tears:

Sorry to hear. It was pretty!

How often did you have to feed that thing, for it to have such a significant effect on bio-load (even without fish)?

ok, updates. the first two photos are a couple of new corals I just picked up, followed by an FTS and a photo of my baby yuma :wub:

palys.JPG

torch.JPG

fts03.JPG

babyyuma.JPG

stupid frigging yuma keeps extending its base and getting twisted around by the current, like a gd balloon animal. :angry: I hope it doesn't detach at the twist. :scarry:

ok, so I decided to put the yuma in a shot glass just in case it detached, and low and behold...

yumadetach.JPG

the little squigly is the base of the yuma, and the gray bit at the bottom right is its (old) base, which will hopefully develop into a new yuma. good shot of the baby, too.

Archived