SaltCritters.com

I feel like a noob

jeremai

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sea squirts in last pic? cute

need moar coralz

I'm working on it, lol. taking the slow and steady approach.

Hidden cups are beautiful!!!

Are those just some sponge in the last pic?

Also like the codium here!! (I am guessing that is what it is)

yup, just an unknown sponge that popped up the last few weeks. and it is codium, I got it a couple months ago but there hasn't been any growth or anything. mystery.

wait wat?

exactly.

what's the macro in the bottom-right corner? some kind of grass?

it was caulerpa cupressoides. I liked it, then I stopped liking it and tore it all out. lol.

it grew fast, but I pruned it when it got out of hand, no big deal. I thought I'd like the look of it, turns out I didn't, that's why I removed it.

the Phyllangia? apparently it comes in on a lot of gulf rock. john maloney gave it to me to test the waters with, so to speak. it's bulletproof; not as colorful as a dendro or balano, but the polyps are almost always out and it eats like a pig. :wub:

to edit the videos I used whichever iteration of windows movie maker comes with vista. super simple.

duncan: no fish. feeding the Phyllangia is enough bioload, and with my plans on adding more nonphotosynthetic species, I think it's wise to leave fish out of the equation.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey, that looks familiar.

Probably won't take long to become a vibrant pink. :)

(Richie, the second baby looks fully formed now, so... soon. :P)

sweet!

also, most of the polyps you sent have at least shown signs of opening, except the big palys. are they just temperamental in general? they're plump and otherwise healthy looking, just haven't opened yet. :(

Hrm, iirc they do seem to be a little more sensitive than the other zoas. Just give them more time to adjust...

I'm surprised any of them are having trouble opening.... but that may have been caused by the excess heat during shipping. That package had a heat pack in it, since it was meant for NJ, so it could have gotten really hot during shipping. They're probably recovering from it. :mellow:

are yumas generally accepting of food? I dropped a single mysid on its mouth just to see what would happen and it seemed completely confused.

are yumas generally accepting of food? I dropped a single mysid on its mouth just to see what would happen and it seemed completely confused.

just only one loves food while the rest hate eating and yet their feeders wont let go of the food.

edit: i meant the yumas in my tank.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
wow this tank is boring.

agreed.

maybe I should just buy a bulb for my 150w and stick it on this thing instead of selling it. hmm...

my yuma has grown a little, lol. also, lani, you can kinda see the white band where the blasto has regrown over the skeleton. happy and healthy! :happydance:

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

Archived